Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form CT1 filling advice

• 21-02-2007 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am in process of filling CT1 form. I have expected it should be simple for company which did not trade till now but I can not catch the meaning of some fields. So I would be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Evgeny wrote:
    I am in process of filling CT1 form. I have expected it should be simple for company which did not trade till now but I can not catch the meaning of some fields. So I would be grateful for any advice.

http://www.revenue.ie/pdf/ct1_06notes.pdf

It would be a good idea to say what fields, rather than expecting people to try and guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Evgeny

If you could set up yourself for ROS Online facility, it'd be nicer imho. Download the ROS Offline application and the relevant CT1 form on it. You just need to fill in the relevant fields, the application will calculate the tax and also validates if you miss any important/must-filled fields. Then upload the return. That's it. If there is a liability, you could always setup ROS Debit Instruction to get your payment automated from bank account whenever you wish. Same for refunds. Alternatively, you can also pay by credit cards.

It takes a good few working days to be able to get on ROS Online, especially waiting for Revenue to issue you a ROS certificate. After all, once you set up on ROS, you could access a lot of information on your tax affairs.

Good luck, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Mart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

my accountant charged me €1100 & vat to complete this form for me. I am changing accountant.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Agree a fee quote in advance and shop around. That way you won't get screwed.

Advertisement