Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New club on Harcourt St.

• 21-02-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the new club on Harcourt Street? I'm not talking about Tripod though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Krystal, maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Yea Krystle, that's the one. They don't have any stupid over 21 rules or anything do they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cant say ive heard of it have they a website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If you're worried about getting in then you probably won't get in.
    They're trying to market it as the new Lillies, it's what used to be called the Ivy before it was refurbished last year.. Tiny TINY place and soon to be dominated by the sixth years of several south dublin schools. I wouldn't bother.

jimi_t wrote:
    If you're worried about getting in then you probably won't get in.
    They're trying to market it as the new Lillies, it's what used to be called the Ivy before it was refurbished last year.. Tiny TINY place and soon to be dominated by the sixth years of several south dublin schools. I wouldn't bother.

well if it's anywhere like Lillie Bordello's you can keep it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pat O Keefe owns it doesnt he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Think I heard of it come to think of it, in the celebrity pages of one of the rags showing the usual z list suspects walking out. Which pretty much probably means its got no atmosphere, no decent music, nobody prepared to get out on the floor as "oh god im not embarrasing myself like that" kind of attitude. Bollix to the lot.

Renards is the only one of those swanky wanky spots my bleedin raphid scumbag head has entered (work party one Friday, and tbh I never tried any of the rest or those wine bar type places, not my forte at all).

I was hoping Eamonn Dunphy would be in having a few scoops as I think its one of his spots, nowhere to be seen though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Nooooooooo. Dont go there. Really strict door policy. Full of tossers. Really hot but incredibly obnoxious women. Terrible music. Huge Ques for the jacks. Only plus is the great smoking area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Only plus is the great smoking area.

Thats actually shared with the pub next door - so you get a delightful mix of plastered 16 and 61 year olds

Well i can safely say most people here wont be going anywhere neat this club then:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its not that bad really, its not THAT hard to get in, also a new place has opened beside it called carnival, redone bojangles, similar posse as krystal tho, bit younger, but not bad at all really, cheap drink inside too, all bottles 2 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Carnival, that's the spot in the Russell Court Hotel that only opened this week isn't it? Any good reports on that yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

upmeath wrote:
    Carnival, that's the spot in the Russell Court Hotel that only opened this week isn't it? Any good reports on that yet?

There is the carneval bar around the corner on wexford street, don't confuse the 2! Handy spot to rent out upstairs for a party. I'd avoid harcourt street, for part time clubbers-more for the posing as for the music, i mean do we really care about another willies crapello or whatever-it's also beside the cop HQ so i don't expect the place to be hopping to the latest release on axis records somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Urgh, avoid ALL clubs on Harcourt St bar pod/crawdaddy, the sort of people who frequent Dicey's/D2/Krystal make me feel sick.

Advertisement