Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got 360 back......Guess what comes next?

• 21-02-2007 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Yes got my xbox360 back after 11 days away being repaired and set it all up and,IT DOESNT WORK!!!!:mad: .
    Wont read the discs but will play DVDs fine.So here i go again!
    When i rang i asked will i be compensated in some way and was told someone would ring me today.
    Anyone know what sort of compensation i will get?
    Maybe a signed photo of Bill Gates!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ah sure ive had 3 before I got a workin one, which crashed the other nite, sure what can u do? They wont compensate, maybe ask them for a few free games. . .

;)

Pain in the hole I know, these probs really shud be ironed out by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

I know Fielddog,how f*@$ing frustrating to have Mr UPS give you a shiny new box and 10 minutes later finding out the f@&%ing thing doesnt work:mad:
    All i was really hoping for was them giving me a few games,i wouldnt expect anything else at this stage.
    Jump in.
    I have indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just trying to balance the thread-you've just been unlucky.

Mine has worked perfectly and I'm the third owner. Bought off the adverts.ie site
    It was bought at launch.

It's probably destined to fail after posting this though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

After the stuff on Watchdog and a number of posts about problems with 360 reliability Im suddenly loathe to buy one. My original xbox sucks ass and broke very quickly too.
    Ah microsoft.
    Should I be worried about buying a 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Not really helping with your problem but I love the handle Bishop Brennan.

In terms of the 360 crapping out on you. Call them repeatedly and demand to speak to a manager I'd say. I know of people who recieved some controllers and 1st party ms games after this kind of incident.

• Advertisement

micmclo wrote:
    Just trying to balance the thread-you've just been unlucky.

Mine has worked perfectly and I'm the third owner. Bought off the adverts.ie site
    It was bought at launch.

It's probably destined to fail after posting this though.

Mine was bought at launch,it broke the end of December and twice i rang the call center in India and twice they sent labels to the wrong address.Finally got the labels and then get a console straight out of the box from Microshaft and its
    fu@*ked too,unlucky,i dont think so,customer(1 of thousands it has to be said)at the receiving end of Microshafts shoddy customer care,most definitely.

Don't mean that at you micmclo but if you've been through it im sure you would agree with me!

Not really helping with your problem but I love the handle Bishop Brennan.

In terms of the 360 crapping out on you. Call them repeatedly and demand to speak to a manager I'd say. I know of people who recieved some controllers and 1st party ms games after this kind of incident.

Thanks Burning Eclipse!Bishop Brennan would today love to give Bill Gates a kick up the arse:D

I am waiting on a call from a manager to sort out "compensation".
    Will post later as to what this will be,that's if they even bother to ring me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm on my 3rd Xbox 360 and I can't complain about their support.
    How many other tech companies pay for collection and return of faulty items?

Officially the return rate is also well below the industry standard, though to be honest I would be suprised if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

whats the number i have to ring to organise getting my xbox fixed? its started eating discs on me and ive already lost an accumulated amount of €200 on games :(

its out of warrenty i think too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Id just thought id say i bought mine at launch and I havent had one problem :)

• Advertisement

Sm0ke wrote:
    whats the number i have to ring to organise getting my xbox fixed? its started eating discs on me and ive already lost an accumulated amount of €200 on games :(

its out of warrenty i think too

1800509186 and you will need to ring it from a landline.
    Best of luck!And dont let them bully you into paying for repair,they tried that with me and i was having none of it.
    I got mine on launch day and they STILL wanted me to pay,no bloody way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't mean that at you micmclo but if you've been through it im sure you would agree with me!

No prob, agree 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭niall2j

I had to send mine back twice over about a 2 month period. Gave out a bit the 2nd or 3d time on the phone and long story short, they sent me a copy of Kameo...

Better than nothing .. though I'd rather a reliable console!

Well they just rang and all i was offered a game,project gotham,Kameo,Perfect Dark Zero or Viva Pinata!
    Took Viva Pinata my young fella might play it if the bloody thing works next time.
    Asked why they wouldn't just send me out a new box straight away without having to go through it all again and was told would have to send the piece of crap they sent me back first,only way they could do it.
    If it happens again i am selling the repair one i get back and will be buying the PS3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

you dont get gears of war on a ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Meh...Gears of war needs a full all out battle mode not this 1 life one round crap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dont be getting hasty there Chief!

Deep breath, breathe in, breathe out, and relax....

I may get a ps3 in bout 2 yrs if the price drops, and some decent sony-only games come out, but at the mo ive no interest in it at all, then I think about Halo 3 and I tend to sleep better at night.....

:)
    If it happens again i am selling the repair one i get back and will be buying the PS3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

im on my 5th console now. i was given some compensation too....first release games or a wireless controller so i took the controller.

they also sent me one straight away..a new console that is.When i got it i then could send the broken one back.

When i sent the old one back i presume they went through the normal process, i got another 360 10 days later.:D

i gave it to my girlfriend and it will act as a back up (not the girlfriend)

Considering the warranty,under irish law we are covered up to 6 years so there is no need to pay..no need to extend warrantys..quote them the law..mention small claims court..and your sorted.

I know 2 people that first off paid for the repair then rang them telling about the law..they are getting their money back. so i advise all 360 owners to never pay for repair on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I keep telling people it is six years and knowone believes me.

How did you manage to get one sent straight away Antigone?!
    When i asked they said no:mad:
    They also told me it would be 3-5 days before i got the labels to send it back but yesterday UPS called to the house with no prior warning with the labels ready to take it away!
    Luckily i had the box from the last piece of crap they sent,so i wouldn't be surprised if they have sent a new one out:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

well they messed up big with me. they told me to send everything back (first console,break no1) i mean everything..headset..batteries that came with the remote.

As far as i know they guy who told me got the sack. UPS also messed up but that story is too long and im in work.

The name of the guy in the Escalations Department is Frodo Myer (no joke)

he dealt with it pretty smoothly.he was the one who ordered one to be sent to me ASAP.

their support is one of the worst i have ever experienced,i have a friend that works in MS in sandyford in Dublin and he has to told me things...oh...many things!!

Each support person has been trained so when a issue does come up..they flip it so it is made out to be your problem. its standard training apparently.

I also sent a letter of complaint to the HQ of Xbox Europe..which is...Dublin..of course!

they are abusing the law claiming warranty and all that.Its a incredible insult that you have to threaten the courts to get a bloody console fixed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

Can I ask why it is 6 years? Just be handy to know if mine ever breaks?

Well rang them today to find out what is happening and was told box was still being repaired and they had no idea when i would get it back:mad:
    Sick of it now at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Is there somewhere online that will verify the 6 year warranty issue? I'm not saying you are lying, I'd just love to have the exact law name and paragraph so I can reel it off when needed. Nice bit of info, cheers guys.

Advertisement