Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Vista Q's

• 21-02-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have Win XP Pro Svc PK2 running on a network, and just bought Windows Vista Business Upgrade.

My machine easily meets the minimum requirements, but I cannot install the thing.

I have tried the option to upgrade, i.e. keeping files, and also the option to do a clean install. I also tried to boot from the DVD to install.

However, I am getting the following error message:
    Network problems preventing installation 0x80070005.

I have even tried installing with the internet open in the background.
    I have full admin rights etc, and broadband internet!

Also, the upgrade advisor wont work for me either, it downloaded and installed fine, but tells me to try later, or remove it and download the latest version?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you tried installing without the network attached?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Nope, I assumed it needed the internet to be connected to work.

But, I'll give that a go.

Hence, I will be offline now for a while....

..... Okay I am back.

I logged on as the administartor on the local machine, and same problem.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

You Using Firefox or Opera?

Vista has a habit of Going by IE7's offline/Online Setting.

Was using firefox, but removed it completely.

Now using IE7, an it is set as default.

Here is what is happening:

I choose install from the DVD splash screen:
    Get updates - No
    Enterserial number - Did this
    Accept Licence - Yes
    Type of installation - I choose upgrade
    Checks compability - Dell Media, Sonic MyDVD, Messenger 5.1, ATI Control Panel and Sun Java Scheduler all incompatible. I choose NEXT
    It copies windows files 100%
    it Gathers files 100%
    Then on expanding files, at different percentages it comes up with this error:

Windows cannot install required files. Network problems may be preventing windows from accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected and start the installation again, Error code : 0x80070005

:|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

If you can, id advise using a different machine. I was isntalling business upgrade on my own machine here, and it crapped out twice with a blue screen. I just did it on a standalone laptop instead, and hey presto, its working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Copy the DVD to your hard disk and start again.. Vista has some issues with DVDs on boot which is probably the issue.

And I am going to ask a very silly question the OS bits match as in you are installing a 32bit OS from a 32bit OS rather than installing a 64bit OS from a 32bit OS?

Also turn off your viris scanner before installing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He's already in Windows, so not a boot issue. It sounds like an optical drive problem and/or hard disk issue. Is there enough free space? Basically it's trying to copy the install files to the hard disk, fails and gives a generic error on accessing the files (which can be network located but are not in this case).

Basically its the same issue one of our users had here.. just copy the DVD contents to the hard disk and it should be ok.. Did you get the media or download from WindowsMarketplace?

Cheers for the replies, to answer the suggestions and questions above:

Installing on a different machine is not an option really. I need it on my computer.
    I am not booting from the DVD, it is not that type of upgrade, i must install from windows.
    The DVD is the 32-bit version, (I assume my WinXPPro is also 32-bit, how do i check?)
    The virus scanner was uninstalled completely
    I bought the DVD from Komplett.ie
    There is 124Gb free space on my HDD.

I will try copying the DVD to my HDD.

Cheers again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement