Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise at night from pub

Options
  • 21-02-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I live opposite the smoking area of a pub. The entrance is on the far side of the block so this is no problem.

However at night they seem to have inadequate soundproofing at the back of the building. They have very thin doors and also single glazed windows with the speakers right beside these doors.

The noise is mostly music noise and also sometimes people (women) screaming in the smoking area.

What can be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

STaN wrote:

What can be done?

Move house.

Or go join them, live a little.

Did you know the pub was there when you were moving in btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Invite them in! :)

Unless they are breaching their license agreement or going beyond a set decibel level, there is not much you can do. Have you spoken to other residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

pellet gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd speak with other residents in your block.

I'd also ask advice from the Dept. of Environment and Dublin corporation.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm not sure what the story will be with a pub, but

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/environment/environmental-protection/noise_regulations/?searchterm=noise

Is what the Irish law stands at in a residential area...

You DID know before moving in though yeah?

And aye, ask your neighbours if they have a problem with it...power in numbers and all that.

Good luck...!

• Advertisement
Advertisement