Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sky+

• 21-02-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I spent 20 mins on hold with Sky last night, just to find out the answer to this question. I eventually gave up waiting, so hopefully someone here knows.

I currently have Sky Sports on my sub package and have a few things recorded from there onto Sky+. In a few weeks time, I plan on dropping the channel for the summer and switching to Movies. Does anybody know if there will be any issue with me watching the shows I've recorded on Sky+ even when I'm no longer subscribed to the channel? I can't imagine there would be, but I find it's best to check.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

From experience you cannot watch any recorded sky channels from the sky+ planner as it still uses your card to get the keys to decode the channel.

All channels recorded on to a sky+ HDD are in a RAW 'as is' format which in return means that the channel basically feels like its live even though its recorded. This is hence the reason it still needs decoding by the internal decoder and as well means no loss in picture quality.

If you keep your recording over the summer (granted there is no resetting issue or box fault in between), when you resubscribe back to the sports you will then be able to watch the recorded programmes.

Advertisement