Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The lotto, I won it

Options
  • 21-02-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Got this email recently from 'IRISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
    28 TAN FIELD ROAD,
    CROYDON, DUBLIN.
    CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Ref: IR/9420X2/68
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369 ,

they must have moved, anyway, I've won 1.5 mill in january, I think I also may have won in december but deleted that win by mistake. here's the letter I got.

IRISH NATIONAL LOTTERY WINNER
    You are a winner of the IRISH National Lottery New year Bonanza
    Online Promo Programme that was held on 29th January, 2007.
    The draw was done electronically with several email addresses provided
    to this office by Microsoft to enhance the Global utilization of the Internet.
    You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 1,350,000 (One Million Three Hundred AND Fifty Thousand Euro).Your Winning Check Will be Handed Over to You as soon as Our Claims Department Verify Your Winning After You Might have filled the Payment Processing Form that Will be Given to You In Due Course. We Do Not need Your Bank Information for You to Claim Your Winnings.You are Advised to Contact Our Claims Agent: DR MARK OMERA
    Tel: +44
    Email:mark_omera@

Please Quote Your Reference Number as IR/xxxxxxx when
    you are Filing Your Claims.You are also advised to keep your winning and
    winning informations confidential to avoid Identity Theft and Identity Fraud.
    Congratulations once more from all our members of Staff.

I'm delighted to see a european take these nigerian scammers to task and try and beat them at their own game,unfortunatly, Mr O'Mera doesn't seem any better at it than the nigerians
    Anyone else got one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Congrats on your win :D:D:D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

They could have done with a geography lesson !! croydon in dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I presume you called them and gave the local garda station number as your home number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Haven't seen any of these, good old gmail keeps most of those away from me these days. Pity, I miss them sometimes, but mostly not.

You should reply to his email address for the craic and see what he says.
    "DR MARK OMERA", why are they always a doctor? Is it because a doctor would lend credability to the scam? What would a doctor be doing working as a claims agent for a lottery company anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got one of these before to my own personal work email address, and it said that I should mention the win to nobody, and that I should act in the strictest of confidence. It turns out 9 people in my office had received the same mail. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mealone42

dubtom wrote:
    Got this email recently from 'IRISH NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS:
    28 TAN FIELD ROAD,
    CROYDON, DUBLIN.
    CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Ref: IR/9420X2/68
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369 ,

they must have moved, anyway, I've won 1.5 mill in january, I think I also may have won in december but deleted that win by mistake. here's the letter I got.

I get so many of these emails and usually i draw them out. I then tell them to ring me at 00353 1 xxxxxxx (garda station)and tell them to ask my secretary who answers to ask for me by name which is Garda (Big)Bollox and it amazing the number of emails I had in response that said why did I not tell them I was a policeman. It shows that they rang the number and cost them the money. This is usually in response to advanced fee scam rather than the Lottery wins. I laff me bollixs off. I also must apologise to Dublin Zoo as i have given that number also and told the Nigerian scammer to ring and ask for Mr. Leo Lyons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Rabies wrote:
    I presume you called them and gave the local garda station number as your home number.

Thats a good one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Archeron wrote:
    I got one of these before to my own personal work email address, and it said that I should mention the win to nobody, and that I should act in the strictest of confidence. It turns out 9 people in my office had received the same mail. :D

Typical isn't it. The one time you do win the lottery you have to split it with 8 others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

The leo lion one is good... but try giving them the phone number of a funeral home near you and get them to ask for Myra Mains!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

got one today from the uk lottery saying i had won 480'152 pound. mrs thought we would buy a new house. was'nt impressed when i deleted it without opening it. i guess we will never know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

I got one from Robbie Fowler :eek: :D I was going to e-mail him back and ask is there any chance of a ticket for tomorrow nights game,and of course he could hold on to the Million in exchange....:D

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash Price of
    1,000,000.00(One Million Pound Sterling) in cash.from International
    programme held on the 4th May. 2007 in the United Kindom,
    Time 9:45 pm. The result is out for claims.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
    computerised email selection system from a database of over 250,000
    email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which your
    email was among the first ten (10) lucky winners.

You are therefore advise to contact Claims Agent.
    CONTACT PERSON: MR. ROBBIE FOWLER
    EMAIL:robbiefowler324@hotmail.com
    1.Name in full.
    2.Address in full.
    3.Nationality & Present Country.
    4.Age.
    5.Phone /Fax /Sex.
    6.Email address.
    Yours Truly,
    Sir Robert Barr Co-Coordinator (Online Promo Programme).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

mealone42 wrote:
    I get so many of these emails and usually i draw them out. I then tell them to ring me at 00353 1 xxxxxxx (garda station)and tell them to ask my secretary who answers to ask for me by name which is Garda (Big)Bollox and it amazing the number of emails I had in response that said why did I not tell them I was a policeman. It shows that they rang the number and cost them the money. This is usually in response to advanced fee scam rather than the Lottery wins. I laff me bollixs off. I also must apologise to Dublin Zoo as i have given that number also and told the Nigerian scammer to ring and ask for Mr. Leo Lyons.

Haha... I have great fun with them as well... I sent some random numbers as a Western Union number and told them the test question/answer as "An bhfuil tú go maith?" "Táim ag teacht"... the laughs I had at the thoughts of them stumbling over that when trying to collect the "money" I had sent.

Successfully made them take three trips to the bank before they finally gave up with a rather angry email back to me telling me I've made them look like a fool - and something about the fires of hell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Haha... I have great fun with them as well... I sent some random numbers as a Western Union number and told them the test question/answer as "An bhfuil tú go maith?" "Táim ag teacht"... the laughs I had at the thoughts of them stumbling over that when trying to collect the "money" I had sent.

Successfully made them take three trips to the bank before they finally gave up with a rather angry email back to me telling me I've made them look like a fool - and something about the fires of hell :D

Excellent. They deserve it

Advertisement