Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton Game

Options
  • 21-02-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Well Gents, great chance tonight to get our League form back on track, does anyone fancy us ? Mido and Hudd are both out tru injury...hopefully AJ misses out too !!

I dont think we will get beat...i'll go 1-1 !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

It's on live on ART & Canal +

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Team news

In: Defoe, Jenas
    Out: Mido, Hudd, King, BAE
    BBC Squad

Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Stalteri, Lee, Dawson, Rocha, Gardner, Malbranque, Lennon, Zokora, Jenas, Defoe, Mido, Keane, Berbatov, Tainio, Murphy, Ghaly, Huddlestone.
    "We do need to turn our league form around but we have the ability to be able to do that.

"We have to do better and we know with our strikers that we are capable of scoring goals against any team.

"This is our game in hand and that is vital. Our results up at Everton over the last couple of seasons have been good and hopefully it'll continue."

Here's hoping Sunday's win will have boosted confidence in the squad.

F*ck me, this is impossible to listen to on d'wireless...

My nerves are shredded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great Result...Berbatov was brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Berbatov took his goal well - Robinson showing signs of return to form, Dawson and Chimbonda solid, Zokora and Tainio played real well.
    apart from that eejit Rennie trying to rob us it was a great night.

• Advertisement

Due to a dodgy back I didn't get out to view last night's game, so made do with the radio commentary/torture (delete as applicable) and Sky's highlights.

Robbo made a couple of top drawer saves, and I find it hard to blame him for the goal as Arteta really did find the space to squeeze it in.

Lennon appeared to have a quiet game, and I get the impression that Keane wasn't great either, his 2nd half finish 1on1 with Howard was shocking. He did link well with Berbs a few times, but Defoe does that better anyway.

Great goal from Jenas to win it, he's been badly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Watched the game on Satellite last night, i thought first half we controlled the game very well and didn't look like giving anything away, but then again Rennie saw to that :mad:

We lost our way a little in the 2nd half, due to Everton making some changes etc but they didn't really create lots of chances, the few chances they did create Robinson dealt with them and does look like he's returning to form ... We were the stronger in the last 10-15 minutes and fully deserved scoring the winner .... Keane missed a good chance but so did Berby

Anyway, i think that both Tainio and Zokora deserve special mention for their tireless effort, plenty of tracking back, closing down, basically being in the face of the Everton mid-fielders the whole night ...

We have a good run going now, lets keep it going for Sunday and then onward and upward

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Robxxx looks like he was watching same pics as myself.
    Agree on all his comments - Robbie did some good chasing back too to pick up ball.:D

Advertisement