Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presentig myself!

Options
  • 21-02-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi.
    I'm a new user.
    I'm a italian student, and I have just buy the broadband in my shared house.
    I know that probably the problem of monthly limitation of usage was discussed elsewhere, but as italian I really don't understand this policy.
    I think that this decision limits costumer to really use the internet connection.

I know that probably they decide in this way in order to avoid heavy usage and for their lack of speed, but I think that this limit us much more.

If I consider that the windows update of every month are around 60 MB, I use everyday skype to videocall, I love to watch youtube, they limit me so much to really USE internet!

BTW.. I will pass sometimes here to see what we can do.

Thanks
    Panca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Who is your ISP? Eircom, Irish Broadband, NTL, etc.?

Do your housemates know that there is a cap on downloads and that you may be billed for going over this limit?

60 MB isn't a lot out of several GB, even for a few PCs running Windows.

Most providers allow you to check how much of your allocated bandwidth you've used for the present month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Most ISP's won't bill you for going over, for example DigiWeb will slow down the connection, and neither BT nor Eircom seem to bill customers for going over the "cap".

Advertisement