Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Yesh please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Mission: Find the easter eggs without getting shot by the 'enemy'.

Sounds good to me, whos bringing the eggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Enemy must be dressed as giant rabbits who are defending the eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

NakedDex wrote:
    Enemy must be dressed as giant rabbits who are defending the eggs

Somebody mention me? Hey wait...I'm not defending any damn eggs.

kdouglas wrote:
    easter egg hunt anyone?

Don't you think that's a little unfair? The easter eggs are stationary, and defenceless and you want to go hunt them with your Airsoft guns...totally one-sided.

The eggs are bound to win against you.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ok, someone bring some RC cars and we'll strap the easter eggs to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

theres an idea for target practice strap an easter egg to an RC car and drive around and try and break it :rolleyes:

oh and i wonder if the field for HRTA is open it says this on their site :

Our new secluded 5000 square foot facility is host to force on force arena designed to challenge even the most experienced military, police and Swat / Rescue teams.

oh and i wonder if the field for HRTA is open it says this on their site :

Our new secluded 5000 square foot facility is host to force on force arena designed to challenge even the most experienced military, police and Swat / Rescue teams.

5000 square feet.....that sounds like the normal 'building' that we play in. The field is 15 acres or something, and wouldn't be measured in terms of volume.

5000 square feet.....that sounds like the normal 'building' that we play in. The field is 15 acres or something, and wouldn't be measured in terms of volume.
    anyone know if the field is going be open for play anytime soon?

• Advertisement

played in it there a couple of weeks ago, just along the side by the hedgerow, but there's no definite games happening regularly there afaik, depends on circumstances

kdouglas wrote:
    damn you, you've destroyed my super secret kill the rabbit plan! :D

Be careful...someone might think that you mean to kill rabbits with your airsoft gun. And then the sport will be banned, we'll all lose the money we invested in the sport. The ISPCA will be all over us, and it will all be your fault!

Oh wait, people aren't stupid enough to believe that, are they?
    Yeah, I'm making a point about the utter lunacy of this board lately where everything and anything is taken out of context and blown out of all proportions. But don't worry kdouglas, myself and the all the other normal people other understand that you were joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Who cares what we think?! Your acting so stupidely. Its the people from outside the community that read it and take it out of context that get the sport banned. I know what he's talking about but would random gun hating Johnny Normal know? No they wouldnt.

well in this context i think everyone knows what i meant!

anyway... back on topic... HRTA! Wh00t!

Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Cant wait my trigger finger is very itchy *runs off and puts several rounds into a target*. Ah much better :P

hehe, know the feeling, hopefully i can fix my mp5 this evening, put a new barrel into it the other day and when i tested it out last night it was firing horribly, some shots would go straight, but others would sharply turn off to the right (and occasionally left), i reckon i must have messed up something when i re-installed the hopup...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh still haven't got a reply from nonex i sent a message to the hrta e-mail aswell

played in it there a couple of weeks ago, just along the side by the hedgerow, but there's no definite games happening regularly there afaik, depends on circumstances
    Cool, i didnt even see that area when i was their last, Might consider bringing me Aug if i can even get their for a bit of range testing, Is it just a field? or is a good place for a bit of shoot out dya think?

Harekin wrote:
    Who cares what we think?! Your acting so stupidely. Its the people from outside the community that read it and take it out of context that get the sport banned. I know what he's talking about but would random gun hating Johnny Normal know? No they wouldnt.

Just because you disagree with my opinion, does not make me stupid. Personal flames are not allowed on this forum. Are you trying to get banned again?

Nobody complained when Kdouglas posted his comment (and they shouldn't), and it's no different than my post. Neither post is damaging to airsoft, and anyone with an IQ >60 would understand this. FFS, how could anything I did 20 years ago possible damage airsoft now? Airsoft wasn't even mentioned in the post, or implied in any way.

Jesus christ, what is wrong with you people? Stop being so bitchy and picking on the tiniest, most insignificant things and blowing them all out of proportion. At this rate, we'll have to PM our posts to mods for approval before they can be posted.

Regarding "random gun hating Johnny Normal ", if he is already a gun hating, anti-airsoft nut, then anything we post here ain't gonna make any difference to him. If he wants to make a idiot out of himself by using a post about crossbows/slings to argue against airsoft, then my all means let him. We have nothing to hide about our sport, and can take on any argument that is brought up against airsoft. From my experience, I've seen that just about everyone is 'ok' with airsoft when given the full facts about it. That's how you beat the anti-airsoft arguments....with the facts.

Regarding "people from outside the community that read it and take it out of context that get the sport banned", give people some credit for crying out loud. They are generally not idiots, and are able to read threads as well as you or I and understand the comments in the context they were intended.

I refuse to bring my posts to the level whereby every word and sentence has to be checked to see if they could be twisted or manipulated by anti-airsoft individuals into any argument against airsoft. I will however try not to post anything that is obviously and directly damaging to airsoft.

Cool, i didnt even see that area when i was their last, Might consider bringing me Aug if i can even get their for a bit of range testing, Is it just a field? or is a good place for a bit of shoot out dya think?

its just basically a field at the moment, completely open, last time we were there we had two teams at either end and paul was a downed pilot hidden somewhere in the hedgerow, each team had to rescue/capture him and bring him back to their own base

• Advertisement

Ya think a similar game might be on for 2morrow seens as alot of people are going and it can get crowded in that kill house :p ,was it fun?

ì really really really wana go now i'm itching it's no good any more just plinking targets out back.

: yea, it was alright, we werent exactly sure of what we were doing though, which made it messy... but it'd be good with a fair few people. we managed to rescue paul before even firing a single shot in the second round :D

Irish_Trinity: try giving paul a ring?

i shall do that when my dad comes home

I'd be willing to lend Paul a hand if he needs any work done with the field. I'm a pretty good supervisor and I can make a cup of tea or two.

Seriously though, Paul if you read this and need a hand with anything, just give us a shout.

same goes for me, more than willing to help setup or build stuff, im no carpenter, but i can bash a nail into a piece of wood :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So we all meeting at the Spire at 9am? How will I recognise ye? >.> Oh maybe all the gun bags!

1) i would like to help i know a thing or too from scouts and plus it would get me away from this computer.

2) my dad doesn't want to ring Paul because he says the age limit is an insurance issue so maybe if you guys see him tomorrow could you ask him for me. (if you do you get a cookie:p )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

not use the waiver from the hrta webby?

http://www.hrta.ie/5.html

• Advertisement

Dont froget clock goes foward one hour tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement