Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Personally i dislike when games go on too long. Each scenario should have a reasonable time limit depending on the situation.
    I have actually got guidelines for each of these and will bring them with me this Saturday and see what people think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I have to agree with timelimits, I think games work a lot better when there is a faster turn around. When a game descends into everyone being bogged down and camped behind cover it gets a little boring, not to mention the fact that with the weather we've been having lately if you're dead and waiting around for the next game for ages your head'll be wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I have to agree with timelimits, I think games work a lot better when there is a faster turn around. When a game descends into everyone being bogged down and camped behind cover it gets a little boring, not to mention the fact that with the weather we've been having lately if you're dead and waiting around for the next game for ages your head'll be wrecked.

Agreed. 20 to 30 minutes is long enough for an assault skirmish and 15 minutes should be long enough for any capture the flag or king of the hill game.

I find that calling the time remaining seems to get the more experienced captains and players pushing forward with a bit more gusto.

Threatening to shoot stragglers is suprisingly effective when used on folk who arent actually pinned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

Agreed. 20 to 30 minutes is long enough for an assault skirmish and 15 minutes should be long enough for any capture the flag or king of the hill game.

I find that calling the time remaining seems to get the more experienced captains and players pushing forward with a bit more gusto.

Yeah time limits are deffinatly the way to go, some games can run on to long when theres just 3 or 4 people left alive when the respawns are up... usual snipers for some reason :D
    Threatening to shoot stragglers is suprisingly effective when used on folk who arent actually pinned down
    Ah the old Stalingrade technique, one of my personal favourites comrade ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

If someone is spotted for camping they run the risk of getting tagged by a Marshall, trouble is, while a Marshall may be omnipotent they are not omnipresent and as such they can and do miss things.
    Sometimes they can apparently get whacked for just standing around, or if the marshal gets bored.

/Not mentioning any names...........Hivemind!!:p

BTW, get a real sidearm. Glocks are for wimmen.

• Advertisement

Sometimes they can apparently get whacked for just standing around, or if the marshal gets bored.

/Not mentioning any names...........Hivemind!!:p

BTW, get a real sidearm. Glocks are for wimmen.

Shot you just as well as any other gat. :P

Shot you just as well as any other gat. :P
    You were 12ft away. I could have thrown the bb further. Come to think of it, from the impact I thought you did.

You were 12ft away. I could have thrown the bb further. Come to think of it, from the impact I thought you did.

Interesting, but then this is coming from a man who has to make everything BIGGER, LONGER, FASTER!!! Are you over-compensating for something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Threatening to shoot stragglers is suprisingly effective when used on folk who arent actually pinned down.

Ha ha Commissar Hivemind :p

"The one with the rifle shoots. The one without the rifle follows. When the one with the rifle is killed, the one that follows picks up the rifle and fires." :D

In life, like in airsoft, you can never have too much muzzle velocity.

• Advertisement

In life, like in airsoft, you can never have too much muzzle velocity.

Except when you are scrutinized by "The MAN"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

So who's going this Sat?

I'll be making a long overdue appearance (my first in months)

Anybody going through Town or Swords I could bum a lift off?

I am. I've to get chrissie pressies chronied before I give them out.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I'll be there for a full day.
    Most likely marshaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

rain check for me ,babysitting while my sister get the kids pressies in.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

I'll be down for a full day as well. I might be able to pick you up rob depending on how many I'm bringing down. Give me a pm on friday if you can't organise anything else and I'll see what I can do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Cheers Dar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rogaine

I won't be going this weekend. Was there for the first time last Saturday & had a blast. Going to get me some weapons then I'll be back up.

Guys. Anyone find a sling in the cabin afterwards? Missing mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Guys. Anyone find a sling in the cabin afterwards? Missing mine.

On that point did anyone find a 3 point green sling 2 weeks ago. wasn't handed when i checked last week and forgot to post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rogaine

vtec wrote: »
    if your thinking of the right time the fact that you were in fits of laughter explains why me smoked ya'll so bad.,lol,:p
    i dunno which one is the contractors base but we were attacking the one thats on the left as you come down from the safe zone, me and gatling was in cover close to their base and we were teling the others behind us to cover fire and move up, then this battle charge outta nowhere and a big warrior roll!.,lol, I was in fits of laughing aswell.,:D

That was me I think, I was behind the metal cabins & was getting bored. I got hit right on the top of the head as I was "falling", hurt like hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Rogaine wrote: »
    That was me I think, I was behind the metal cabins & was getting bored. I got hit right on the top of the head as I was "falling", hurt like hell.

Welcome to Boards:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Robster wrote: »
    Cheers Dar
    i'll be in swords @ 0930 on sta morning iof you wann lift

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I was hoping to go, but am going to have to back out. Got college work AND my work Christmas party on that day (and evening), so no go for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Wont be able to go down on sat or sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i might go if theres a few going., have to test out my M4 and see what its like after a little fettling.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Foxy-07

Can you buy a mask at HRTA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Yes E10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Foxy-07 wrote: »
    Can you buy a mask at HRTA

Personally id recomend a pair of safety glasses. The field of view is far superior to all but the high end paintball masks.....if ya dont mind welts all over yer face :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Might go for a half day Saturday to make up for a very disappointing mini-debs :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement