Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Unfortunatly I wont be able to go:( Should make the AGM though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

am going to hrta tomorrow but i have a query
    how bad is the mud i have a half decent car and if its too low mabey i should bring somethinng older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rogaine

I think it would be best to park on the road outside the gate on the tarmac. I parked inside the gate & I got stuck. Really muddy there mate.
    I think you are also able to go up the road a few yards & park in the farmers yard, but you would have to confirm that you are allowed to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

do not park on the road?!!?! Yes, I'm sure you could safely park one car there, but then other people would start getting that idea too and before long the road will be blocked, also don't forget there needs to be room for a tractor to get past there.

If you continue past the entrance, there is another gate on the other side of the house, (you'll see a chain lying across the ground), that's the other car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Its also gravel.

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    do not park on the road?!!?! Yes, I'm sure you could safely park one car there, but then other people would start getting that idea too and before long the road will be blocked, also don't forget there needs to be room for a tractor to get past there.

If you continue past the entrance, there is another gate on the other side of the house, (you'll see a chain lying across the ground), that's the other car park

are we allowed park there?
    that'd be handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

kdouglas wrote: »

I forgot to post that theres parking in the yard onlyfrom now on,
    and no parking in the field and dont block the road or you will be told off by the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

nonex wrote: »
    I forgot to post that theres parking in the yard onlyfrom now on,
    and no parking in the field and dont block the road or you will be told off by the owner.

might want to stick a sign up so people will know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i got stuck in that field twice, told the other half not to go back into it when she came back up and straight away she went into it.,lol., its the gravel for me from now on, it took half an hour of power hosing to get all the mud off the last time.,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

vtec wrote: »
    i got stuck in that field twice, told the other half not to go back into it when she came back up and straight away she went into it.,lol., its the gravel for me from now on, it took half an hour of power hosing to get all the mud off the last time.,

I like the leave my car in the rain approach.

• Advertisement

lol., a tsunami wouldnt even have removed the muck from my car the other week, the wheel spinning flicked it all over the whole car in chunks.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Should be there tomorrow, Lemming is a big girls polyester blouse and is not attending !

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

4x4's for the win!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bah now I've joined the polyester blouse brigade as well. Woke up with a sore throat. No way am I going to risk making it worse out there today. Have fun all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

gandalf wrote: »
    Bah now I've joined the polyester blouse brigade as well. Woke up with a sore throat. No way am I going to risk making it worse out there today. Have fun all :(

Thats what I've had since sunday, guess where I was last saturday? Really should get some kind of DPM gortex or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

*Looks out of the office window at the weather*
    For once I'm glad I'm stuck in work hehe ;)

I pity the poor lads at HRTA today, i woke up and took 1 look out the window and said "not a chance".,lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I pity the poor lads at HRTA today, i woke up and took 1 look out the window and said "not a chance".,lol :D

You are WEAK!!

I overslept so couldn't make it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    You are WEAK!!

Oh ya...."over slept"....nothing to do wih the rain :p

J/K

Arcto wrote: »

J/K

yeah some excuse huh.,:p
    it was so windy out there you could fire a bb and have it come back and hit you., hope the weather is better next week, i wanna test out my M4 after a few tweaks but my back garden isnt big enough and ill get arrested if i go outside with it.,lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

yeah some excuse huh.,:p
    it was so windy out there you could fire a bb and have it come back and hit you., hope the weather is better next week, i wanna test out my M4 after a few tweaks but my back garden isnt big enough and ill get arrested if i go outside with it.,lol

Just find a big field with alot of drunk people they'll never know :p

i know someone with a bit of land in mallahide so I might go up there and give it a few rounds through it, i live in town though and its a bit far to go just to do a test.,lol

were you up there today neil?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i wonder could would paul join a load of the cabins together in a long line, with doorways -- the objective is to take just to the last or second last cabin. you would really need your assault coordinated, and you could still go outside, limit the firing to the full length of a cabin, which should be about right i guess..you can still use outside as a counter attack, but at least we wont be sitting in the rain for most of the day....

i seem to recall he was planning that at one point...

edit..would be nice as it would open up to usage by shotties and pistols

i know someone with a bit of land in mallahide so I might go up there and give it a few rounds through it, i live in town though and its a bit far to go just to do a test.,lol

were you up there today neil?

No I was planning to but the rain and wind were just too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

gandalf wrote: »
    Necron99 wrote: »
    *Looks out of the office window at the weather*
    For once I'm glad I'm stuck in work hehe ;)
    Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    You are WEAK!!

Arcto wrote: »

J/K
    No I was planning to but the rain and wind were just too much

^BIG GIRLIES!!!^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Rain? Wind? Wet? Mud?

You ALL have girl parts!

Guys with that wind you woudln't have been able to shoot 10 feet infrom of you

hate that

Actually it was ok today even with the wind. You just have to work with it. I got a couple of pistol kills even.

Oh, and I GOT TO USE 'THE GENERAL'!!!!!!!

:D

PS; Girlie!

• Advertisement

thanks to everyone at hrta yesterday -really good craic

to those who worried 'bout the rain there were two girls and about six 15 year old boys with tracksuits and runners there so to call ye girlies would be doing no justice to girlies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement