Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Body parts retrieval. A little grisly in concept but fun none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

That was the best game of the day I thought, well excecuted.
    Well, the rescue team anyway... :D

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Robster wrote: »
    WTF?

someone please explain to me whats going on there?
    Havent been to a skirmish in a while , what are you guys getting up to?

No enough female players. We had to sustitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

And you just happend to bring your girlfriend along...............

No enough female players. We had to sustitute.

Must .... scrub .... brain ... mental ... image ... staining .... Nooooooo :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

the_one wrote: »
    i noticed today at the end of the day at hrta that there was some confusion about the blind firing rule so i had a look at the hrta website and it does not give a discription of what blind firing is. i found this (20 "Blind-firing" is strictly prohibited.
    - "Blind-firing" is the simultaneous act of intentionally firing a weapon from a covered or concealed position without amply aiming the weapon) on this website http://airsoftgames.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3 i hope this clears up some of the confusion. i'm not making any point about who was right or wrong just just trying to clear it up a bit.

Not something to get into in this thread really. But I would point out that 'aiming' implies that you can see what you are aiming at..i.e, a player.

However, this is up to Paul (Nonex) to fully answer since he is the site owner. Views/opinions by anyone else in regards to this subject are not worth the paper they are written on. So, if anyone wants a clearer definition of 'blind firing' on the HRTA website, then I suggest they contact Paul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

what do the rules at hrta say about taking hits to your gun anyone?
    someone mentioned to me last saturday that if your gun gets hit you have to use your sidearm. is this true? i use my gun to deflect shots when i see them comming, lol:D, so am i in the wrong? because the sidearm rule sounds a bit strange to me.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Its a rule but its not really enforced because for alot of people if you lose your main weapon your out of the game

yeah thats what i was thinking., so should i continue "cheating" then?.,lol hmmm.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'm gonna leave that one up to you...... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

vtec wrote: »
    what do the rules at hrta say about taking hits to your gun anyone?
    someone mentioned to me last saturday that if your gun gets hit you have to use your sidearm. is this true? i use my gun to deflect shots when i see them comming, lol:D, so am i in the wrong? because the sidearm rule sounds a bit strange to me.,

here you go vtec.

ELIMINATING THE OPPONENT

• Blind shooting is disallowed.

• Deliberate point blank shots are not allowed. Deliberate point blank shots are cause for immediate removal from the game. If this happens twice the participant will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

•However, we discourage shooting at the head, neck and groin areas. No participant may intentionally shoot at any other participant's head or face. Repeats will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

GETTING HIT

• Rounds that ricochet and hit do not count.

• If a participant's weapon is hit, it is considered useless.

• A participant that shoots himself or is shot by his own team mate is eliminated.

• If two participants hit each other simultaneously, both participants are eliminated.

• Any participant caught ignoring a hit during play will be considered eliminated and will be warned. If this happens twice the participant will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

ELIMINATION

• If a participant is hit anywhere, excluding the weapon, he is eliminated.

• An eliminated participant must raise his arms and call out that he's been hit.

• An eliminated participant should raise, remove his magazine, discharge any chambered rounds, turn the selector to safe, hold his weapon above his head and report to the staging area.

• An eliminated participant must remain at the staging area until the end of the game.

• No "liberating" of weapons and/or equipment from eliminated participants unless consent is verbally expressed beforehand.

• Eliminated participants are not allowed to communicate in any way with other active participants.

• Eliminated participants should leave their eye protection on. Never assume that everyone knows the game is over or hears the whistle.

• Active participants that walk with eliminated participants will automatically become eliminated participants. In the past, this unacceptable tactic has been used to trick participants.

• Eliminated participants should not shoot while on the way to and from the staging area, as this will distract and confuse active participants. This also means no discharging blank shots.

ah damn, thats my technique out the window.,lol, so KD and defenderdude, looks like i was well dead by that stage then.,:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

damn cheats,do ppl think marshalls and players make up rules on the spot

yes.,

it doesnt say anything in the rules about getting shot by the marshalls.,;)

and its not "cheating" if you didnt know, hasnt anyone ever told you ignorance is bliss.,:D

yes.,

it doesnt say anything in the rules about getting shot by the marshal

didnt see that on saturday ,it wasnt me

nah it wasnt you, but i wonder why hivemind always carrys a glock whe hes marshaling?., hmmmm.,lol

we have to have something to keep people in line,il marshall again on saturday if its ok with nonex, going by last saturday il need spare mags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

ah damn, thats my technique out the window.,lol, so KD and defenderdude, looks like i was well dead by that stage then.,:o

:D:D:D:D:D
    and I must have fired 600 rounds at ya!!!! loooooooooooool

It was a great laught tho! Really enjoyed the games.
    I'm on your team next time:D:D

nah it wasnt you, but i wonder why hivemind always carrys a glock whe hes marshaling?., hmmmm.,lol

A subtle encouragement to obey ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

A subtle encouragement to obey ;)

And yet people still questioned your authority, methinks you need a bigger sidearm...

• Advertisement

Like I told him Spetz. Glocks are for girlies.

I plan to start carrying an M79 ... that should shore up any potential breaches in my authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Like I told him Spetz. Glocks are for girlies.
    Yep
    Just get a Deagle, In chrome, they wont cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

you can borrow the shotgun if you like? should help keep 'em in line :D

kdouglas wrote: »
    you can borrow the shotgun if you like? should help keep 'em in line :D

Take note cheaters - Kdouglasa is now supplying the martials with anti-n00b devices ...

... you have been warned :D

I plan to start carrying an M79 ... that should shore up any potential breaches in my authority.
    stickerr.jpg

I was talking to Harekin about this last week and we think it might be a bit of fun to get the proprietor of HRTA out in the field for a few games. Myself and one or two of the others would be more than happy to marhsall and keep an eye on things in the safe zone if you'd be interested in sticking it to a few of the n00bs next week Paul ;)

stickerr.jpg

Hey look, they even make a hivemind cartoon character.,:D
    hallmonitorhivemindfh4.jpg

and defo the shotgun for the win!
    it has that "Amm Gown Shooot Youu" hillbilly factor.,.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Now that is uncanny!

• Advertisement

lolz but whose the guy on the right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement