Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 brokenarrow

kdouglas wrote:
    : yea, it was alright, we werent exactly sure of what we were doing though, which made it messy... but it'd be good with a fair few people. we managed to rescue paul before even firing a single shot in the second round :D

Irish_Trinity: try giving paul a ring?

ye the whole outdoors field thing does tend to get a bit messy. it sounds good in theory but when your out in the open its more like 'napoleon' style battles(an open field where you see your enemy clearly but they are out of range) than actual modern war. it does have great potential though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Does anyone know what time it finishes at? 6:30 or 5:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

5 last time i was there, but now that he's moved the start time to 10.30 im not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Arrggg my pistol belt isnt going to be made in time :mad: so ive no way to carry my beloved sidearms [badly needed when your packing a shoty], Think i might just wait till next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You'd wait a week just because you can only carry one pistol instead of two?

You my friend are quite possible insane :P

• Advertisement

I cant carry either ,that dropleg i had the last time was borrowed of Maxforce, and yes you could be on 2 something about the this insanity business :p

Hmm they both fit extremely snugly in my double m4 mag pouch oddly enough :confused: . doesnt look like they could ever fall out either, **** it im still going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

9am at the Spire -- YEAH? :D

Im going be late myself [after 9.30 anyway] im getting the 6am bus from Galway so im only gunna hit Dublin an about 9,30 sure ye'll be in no rush :p

Master of the Universe

I cant carry either ,that dropleg i had the last time was borrowed of Maxforce, and yes you could be on 2 something about the this insanity business :p

If you really want a drop leg I'll lend you one. I won't be needing it myself

• Advertisement

Awrite cheers man ;)

liamo333 wrote:
    Dont froget clock goes foward one hour tonight.

not until tomorrow night i think?

Right im of to bed , ill see yall tomorrow

Master of the Universe

Just getting my own gear ready myself. Battery charging. Bet you I forget it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

kdouglas wrote:
    not until tomorrow night i think?

Correct. Daylight savings time begins after midnight on saturday/sunday. See some of you at 9 at the spire. (or in liamo333's case, 8 :D)

im on the way now, lol im so tired. *runs out door with crazy warface*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Correct. Daylight savings time begins after midnight on saturday/sunday. See some of you at 9 at the spire. (or in liamo333's case, 8 :D)

Goddanm those mis-informed, im up one hour early:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Bud from Lower Abbey Street is at 9:15 or 10:10 only!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?placeName=Swords&SelectedRoute=33

The 10:10 bus won't get us there in time for 10:30, but we should be ok for the 11am start. We just won't have much time to get into our gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

ask Paul ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Good day and great turnout...24 I think in total.

Good to see the site coming along so well. It now has a safe zone that is actually safe, a bigger entry point, more cover inside, and the field out the back has been opened up for games. Weather was perfect as well.

I also managed to not shoot anyone's fingers this time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Excellent day :) Despite the odd whinger

The outdoor game was great considering it's simply an open field with no obstacles or cover (besides the tanker).

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

'twas good fun alright. Just discovered there was a big bit of paper stuck in one of my high-caps when I got back. :mad: No wonder only 6 out of 10 shots were firing. Ah well! Off to the sewing machine now to fix that bloomin ehobby bag...

Ya good game ya'll ;) . i just got back a few minutes ago.
    Ah well! Off to the sewing machine now to fix that bloomin ehobby bag...
    Theirs about four of us that should be going with ya to that sewing machine lol [quite an amount of ripped zips 2day]
    Anyways im going go off and sleep for a month or so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Sounded like fun, but i was working this weekend, nice to hear that the field is starting to get some use, and I'm more then willing to help out when i have time of from work, i've spent most of my life building skateparks, ramps etc so can easily help out with any woodwork, and have some tools

Good game yesterday guys.... think alot of us suffered something breaking yesterday, my mp5 decided to strip it's gearbox before the first game, ended up getting one off paul. used my pistol for most of the games though.

Im not looking forward to opening up the mp5, i just know it's going to be horrible.

Outdoor game was great alright, especially with the weather, but could have really done with something with a bit more range than an mp5k :D

Master of the Universe

Good game alright. The tanker makes an interesting prop.

I'm really going to have to sort out some lighter gear for when the summer comes in. I don't know about you lot, but I was melting out there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

o1s1n wrote:

I'm really going to have to sort out some lighter gear for when the summer comes in. I don't know about you lot, but I was melting out there :eek:

Damn ... I should hit the slim fast then ;)

o1s1n wrote:

yea, the tanker is good fun, could have done with something to cover my arms tbh, i went out there with just a t-shirt and scratched my arms to bits, should have put my jumper on but that would have been too warm... you cant win eh?

Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    yea, the tanker is good fun, could have done with something to cover my arms tbh, i went out there with just a t-shirt and scratched my arms to bits, should have put my jumper on but that would have been too warm... you cant win eh?

I was the exact opposite. Went out wearing a t-shirt, shemagh, DPM coat and a tactical vest. I think I may have lost a stone in weight :D
    Damn ... I should hit the slim fast then ;)

Or just start coming to HRTA and playing a few games. You'll be fit in a month ;)

• Advertisement

Ambush alley was a fun spot alright ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement