Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

oh right., trying to match usernames and faces is pretty odd.,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

vtec wrote: »
    oh right., trying to match usernames and faces is pretty odd.,lol

spoons is a hard one because the way he talks in person is completely different to the way he speaks on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

penguin-o7 wrote: »
    spoons is a hard one because the way he talks in person is completely different to the way he speaks on boards

Nah, pretty much the same, just easier to ignore in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Spoon is coming along quite nicely, especially in the sniper role. He has a good eye for a shot, and compensates quickly and well for a follow up.

And over iorn sights too.

Also a little advise from nobody in particular; If you've something nasty to say about someone, please be good enough to say it in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Boston wrote: »
    People are responsible for there own safty on site tbh. Gum shields is something i plan to look into. The wearing of just eye protection I feel is more to do with being able to look down a scope and general comfort, rather then looking cool.

Agreed but, people are responsible for other peoples safety also! Fact.
    Irresponsible actions lead to consequences - irrespective of confort, coolness etc...
    People are personally responsible for their actions be it in work or in play!

• Advertisement

murphys law really, if ya dont take steps to protect yourself then your at an increased risk of injury. Having said that i still prefer to wear just the goggles and i have to accept the risk that comes with it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any dentists among us? They'd love people who wear eye-only:p

Having said that, what are the best budget glasses that dont fog too much? The sensei just wont do for low light situations.

Cheers
    LB

mine are from ehobby and are G3s or something like that, they've never fogged up on me yet., theres a picture of them in KDs review on his newer version ones.,

mine are from ehobby and are G3s or something like that, they've never fogged up on me yet., theres a picture of them in KDs review on his newer version ones.,

It's C3s

yeah thats the ones.,:)

• Advertisement

yeah thats the ones.,:)

G3 is a bloody big arsed German assault rifle based on the FAL. The C3s in question are interchangable mosly tinted polycarbonate lensed Airsoft eye protectors.

One looks good ballanced on the end of your nose. One.......dosn't. Please try not to confuse the two. Failing that, don't go outdoors in the sun.:D

lol., was wondering why that spare pair of "G3s" was so expencive and came in such a large box., :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Thinking of taking airsoft more serious, so what's the recommended gun, keeping proce in mind?
    And some basic equiptment?

been said to death but have a look at the stickies, all the info you need is in there,.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Yeah I know, but its all the place, but thanks all the same.

I'll give you the same advice i was, go to the site, play for a day, have and look at everyone elses rifle then buy something that looks pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

ive bang killed at around 20feet myself. the reason being that i couldnt have missed if i wanted to shoot the person as i sneaked up behind them so i gave them the opertunity to take it or i still could have shot them by the time they turn around and aim at me.,
    I bang killed another fella at the cabin yesterday from about 5 feet and he shot me out of fright really. there wasnt any dispute about it and he apologised. Just happens really.,

bang kill from 20 ft come on .bang kills are 10 ft or closer as a saftey consideration to fellow players ,20ft bang kill me from that distance and all you will get is a big f off,
    ppl want to read the rules of play or if they dont understand ask some body who does ,

i marshalled for best part of saturday ,and there was very few issuse's of concern bar 2 minor ones ,which il bring up on saturday morning ,

each of us are responsible for our own saftey true ,also other players saftey ,there is no need for people to be taking stupid risks its a game at the end of the day

Gatling wrote: »
    bang kill from 20 ft come on .bang kills are 10 ft or closer as a saftey consideration to fellow players ,20ft bang kill me from that distance and all you will get is a big f off,
    ppl want to read the rules of play or if they dont understand ask some body who does ,

i marshalled for best part of saturday ,and there was very few issuse's of concern bar 2 major ones ,which il bring up on saturday morning ,

each of us are responsible for our own saftey true ,also other players saftey ,there is no need for people to be taking stupid risks its a game at the end of the day

I "offer" the bang kill as a way of not having to fire and give myself away to other oposition.,;)
    If they dont take it, (as they dont have to) then they get shot. :) I wouldnt try to bang kill them unless i knew for sure i could hit them.
    By the time you get to say "fuk off" you'll be shot., :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I "offer" the bang kill as a way of not having to fire and give myself away to other oposition.,;)
    If they dont take it, (as they dont have to) then they get shot. :) I wouldnt try to bang kill them unless i knew for sure i could hit them.

A Bang kill, is a Kill. Full stop. No choices, no disputes. You're dead. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

if it's not ppl taken there hits, its about ppl not taken a bang kill, what will it be next, i got hit from 120 meters thats not on:confused:

• Advertisement

lets not use aegs ,just use fingers saying bang bang all day ,take a hlt from 120meters and il clap and congratulate the shooter for an excellent shot , but bang kills from one base to another is a bit silly ,

There is no choice to not take a bang kill. Its not the surrender rule in paintball. Thats why offering one at 20ft is a bad idea as bang kills should only be offered as a safty measure and when missing is pretty impossible, not as a game tactic to staying concealed.

Gatling, you really need to claim down. Also major issues at HRTA? Either be open with what you're inferring in your posts or don't bring it up on a public forum. It creates this impression among others of there being two groups of people "those in the know" and "those not", and its really off putting.

Boston wrote: »
    There is no choice to not take a bang kill. Its not the surrender rule in paintball. Thats why offering one at 20ft is a bad idea as bang kills should only be offered as a safty measure and when missing is pretty impossible, not as a game tactic to staying concealed.

Yeah i agree with you. But if you measure it out 20ft is a tiny amount of space for 2 adult size targets (camparable to having someone standing in the back of the cabin where we leave or bags etc and someone at the door without any cover) and you would have to be litteraly blind to miss from there so in the interest of comfort for the other person i would try to bang kill them if they didnt know i was there. If you shoot from 20ish feet or less then you usually get people moaning about getting hit.

Yeah i agree with you. But if you measure it out 20ft is a tiny amount of space for 2 adult size targets (camparable to having someone standing in the back of the cabin where we leave or bags etc and someone at the door without any cover) and you would have to be litteraly blind to miss from there so in the interest of comfort for the other person i would try to bang kill them if they didnt know i was there. If you shoot from 20ish feet or less then you usually get people moaning about getting hit.

From 20 feet away you are not going to hurt some one and they, as is clear from gatlings post will dispute if you could have hit them. Bang kills are for pretty much point blank shots. If someone moans about being hit at 20 feet, then they shouldn't be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Aim low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Lads, quick question. I was out at HRTA last Saturday just for a half day, had an absolute ball. Ta very much. Question is, because I am stuck doing a bloody computer course I volunteered for (yeah, yeah, I know, only fools volunteer) on Saturdays for the next 2 months, is HRTA open of the Sunday and if so, how many usually turn up. My quess is no and none from the majority of posts I've read so far.

yeah not sure of the numbers but there have been a few ppl playing on sunday lately ,might give a sunday a go next day there is a few palying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Gatling wrote: »
    yeah not sure of the numbers but there have been a few ppl playing on sunday lately ,might give a sunday a go next day there is a few palying

Same here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Happy new year to every one and big thank you for your support and help through the year from hrta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

happy new year paul, here's to ongoing success in 2008!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement