Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

2008 brings many things. One of which is my return to HRTA for the first time in 10 months. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, most of you I'll be seeing for the first time.

Go handy on me lads, apart from the odd indoor fibua skirmish every few weeks down here, I haven't had any practice on my rifles. My subs and pistols have gotten all my attention and I doubt they'll be a huge amount of use in open field engagement.

Also, due to budget cutbacks in the Dexterrafirma Government, the only woodland camo I have is a ghillie suit. So I'll either be wearing that or a desert loadout.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NakedDex wrote: »
    2008 brings many things. One of which is my return to HRTA for the first time in 10 months. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, most of you I'll be seeing for the first time.

Go handy on me lads, apart from the odd indoor fibua skirmish every few weeks down here, I haven't had any practice on my rifles. My subs and pistols have gotten all my attention and I doubt they'll be a huge amount of use in open field engagement.

Also, due to budget cutbacks in the Dexterrafirma Government, the only woodland camo I have is a ghillie suit. So I'll either be wearing that or a desert loadout.

Desert wouldn't be bad, the only time camo works is in the lane, the rest of the time wearing a hi-vis wouldn't disadvantage you as its so obvious where people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

NakedDex wrote: »

camo dosent make the player it just helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

penguin-o7 wrote: »
    camo dosent make the player it just helps

Say that after an 'invisible' sniper takes you out 10 times in a row. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

its only really useful if you are a sniper though.,
    But seeing as airsoft is really only paintball for posers I suppose we'll have to have it., :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Granted camo doesn't make a player, never claimed it did, but if it provides a second of extra time between when a target spots my movement and when he/she opens fire then it's better to have it than not.

I only ask because indoors, where I'm used to playing, camo is basically not worth a bob unless you're using OD in a dark area. But I'm used to open field tactics in full camo, none of which I have anymore for woodland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

I was slagged in my first few weeks in HRTA for my DPM desert camo
    but it worked a treat in the lane!
    and the acu now looks even better :D

Gizmodeon wrote: »

No matter what you do they'll find a reason to slag you, you're a minority:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hawkeye1000

how is she that?

how is she that?

because shes female.,lol
    leathal you sexist pig.,:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Gizmodeon wrote: »

Yeah ill agree to that. Wore desert up there last time i went and besides the fact my hat kept blowing off it didnt make a differance. The way the place is no matter what camo your wearing doesnt really matter. Unless its a full ghuille (spell?) suit and you plan on not moving.

vtec wrote: »
    because shes female.,lol
    leathal you sexist pig.,:p

Oi, I'm not the one slagging her! I'm saying they'll slag her cause they're sexist pigs and shes a minority.

LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Lets not go down this road and get back on topic.

So are we all going this saturday? I need to make an appearance soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I'm dropping up for a while.

I should be there, hope the weather is decent this week though.,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=ig&q=weather+Dublin

Due to be showers on Sat and I presume Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

I should be there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Whats the best way to book rentals, few friends want to come on Sat. Don't want to ring paul in case he's honeymooning after the recent neptuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Rew wrote: »
    Whats the best way to book rentals, few friends want to come on Sat. Don't want to ring paul in case he's honeymooning after the recent neptuals

He's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

It was snowing today so I REALLY doubt it will be good weather for airsoft

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I havent been to a skirmish since september
    So unless there is a flood of biblical proportions Ill be there

snowing is good, raining is bad.,:D
    snowing means crackly hard ground and hopefully no mud.,

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

ll defo be there alvin t have you got a spare batt for g36,as i fried my already (dont ask,and dont follow directions in manual on how to load batt, :( how do you say short circuit in japan???

Snow game? If so theres no way I wont be there. That'd be mad fun! No more bang kills, snowballs instead.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

snow game hmmm
    ACU camo might come into some use now:D

ll defo be there alvin t have you got a spare batt for g36,as i fried my already (dont ask,and dont follow directions in manual on how to load batt, :( how do you say short circuit in japan???

Ill have spare batteries with me if your stuck..,

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

vtec wrote: »
    Ill have spare batteries with me if your stuck..,

cheers vtec,am going to go talk to Derek in MIA tomorrow and see if he can get me one asap,but if you had a fully charged one on sat just in case i would be well happy,:D thx bud vtec=who now?

cheers vtec,am going to go talk to Derek in MIA tomorrow and see if he can get me one asap,but if you had a fully charged one on sat just in case i would be well happy,:D thx bud vtec=who now?

Ill have a black and tan (that sounds so anti irish.,lol) M4 with me, you wont miss me.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

il be there hopefuly get more game play in after lunch,this time,do some more recruiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

damn snow melted, was hoping to run into army bargins and pick up snow camo, but dosent look like it will be worth it.
    So whos up for a slush fight tommorow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement