Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

didnt go anywhere near it myself, first game i was under the tanker, then the second game (when we swapped) i climbed through the hedges and set up a nice position about 30ft away from the tanker, was able to get a fair few of them on the way back to the tanker from the regen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i was under the tanker the first game then spent most of the second launching artilary (aka water baloons) from the firing range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did anybody get hit with a balloon, out of interest? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

one or two in the ditch between the tanker and the barn landed on people.
    Paul said a few people were very close to where they were landing and hadnt a clue what was falling.

does anyone have videos or photos from saturday btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

kdouglas wrote:
    does anyone have videos or photos from saturday btw?

I do. I just cant find the usb cable for attaching the camera to the PC. I'll have another look tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Paul said a few people were very close to where they were landing and hadnt a clue what was falling.

Lol ya that was me and dave i think ,landed about ten feet away we had a look at the exact spot and couldnt see a thing, mightily confused lol :p

Kdouglas: why did you think a big balloon would stop them?
    Spitfire : Shut up, thats why! :p

[QUOTE='Kdouglas: why did you think a big balloon would stop them?
    Spitfire : Shut up, thats why! :p[/QUOTE]

huh? dont remember that?

simpsons quote ;)

o.................k! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

anyone talk to paul? i know i'm just nagging now i just wana know :D

anyone talk to paul? i know i'm just nagging now i just wana know :D

Was wondering why you weren't there. Have you or your dad not rang Paul yet?

Phone: 086-8800842
    Email: info@hrta.ie

30 second phone call and it's sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

my dad dosen't want to he says it's an insurance issue

my dad dosen't want to he says it's an insurance issue

Not sure I understand....but why don't you give Paul a ring?

sounds like maybe paul said something about it being an insurance issue, not being covered for under 16s maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Paul said he never actually spoke to him... Go over and talk to him next time you're there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam_Fisher_jk

Ambush alley was a fun spot alright ;)

well that depending on who's side you were on... ill say one thing though, it took some balls to try outflank us from through that hedgerow

well that depending on who's side you were on... ill say one thing though, it took some balls to try outflank us from through that hedgerow

Yeah, not easy to get through and there is a little stream down there as well. Someone had cuts to both legs trying to get through.

Yeah, not easy to get through and there is a little stream down there as well. Someone had cuts to both legs trying to get through.
    i actually never went the stream way on either team :o , i went of on my own near the end of the lane when defending to get my scatter gun in the action and to leg it lol, was fairly fun/unnerving seeing about 5 lads passing by and opening up in your direction once i started shooting :)

got a few cuts on my arms from climbing through there, should have wore more than a t-shirt!

managed to drop my pistol in the stream too... whoops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

i actually never went the stream way on either team :o , i went of on my own near the end of the lane when defending to get my scatter gun in the action and to leg it lol, was fairly fun/unnerving seeing about 5 lads passing by and opening up in your direction once i started shooting :)

It was a good tactic to go forward like you did. Hetzer said he saw you clip a few people with your shotty :) I actually enjoyed the outdoor bit, a good challenge. My Beta malfunctioning was a bit of a letdown but I did manage to take out one guy at long range, not bad considering I only had 240fps to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

cool, any pics of the outside action? any pics at all act? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

No pics of any action I'm afraid. I only got some poser pics in the safe zone. Everybody's too busy playing to take a camera into a battle. I'm going to see about setting a camera up on my AEG and getting some footage but it'll be a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam_Fisher_jk

it was similar to the stereo-typical WWI image of the soilder getting tangled in the barbed wire and then machine-gunned.

as for the "artillary" i never noticed anything other than a thud from some corrigated iron.

it was good alright, i had a word with paul RE the outside, seems he cant put anything permanant in there till the permission comes through, but there are plans in the pipeline for some temp battlefield fortifications in place. i just have to have a word with a few of the guys and hopefully we'll have them in place in the next few weeks....

P.S. Brokenarrow, Send me your mobile number!

It was a good tactic to go forward like you did. Hetzer said he saw you clip a few people with your shotty I actually enjoyed the outdoor bit, a good challenge. My Beta malfunctioning was a bit of a letdown but I did manage to take out one guy at long range, not bad considering I only had 240fps to play with.
    Hee hee :) ,
    it was good alright, i had a word with paul RE the outside, seems he cant put anything permanant in there till the permission comes through, but there are plans in the pipeline for some temp battlefield fortifications in place. i just have to have a word with a few of the guys and hopefully we'll have them in place in the next few weeks....
    i asked him about this aswell any kind of temporary cover would make for some great games.Hopefully it wont be too long before their's something worked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wanna see the pics/videos of that apple being obliterated! :D

forgot about that, man "obliteration" is the only word for it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Yes, my poor lunch:(

apple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

kdouglas wrote:
    apple?

Aye a fruit apparently, mentioned in the bible something to do with snakes and gardens, if anyone has pics perhaps PM'ing them would be best

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement