Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

There is a 74.7% possibility that I'll get to HRTA this Sat for a skirmish....yay! It's all too rare now that I get a chance to play.

And good timing to, as I just finished replacing/upgrading the gears in my G3-SG1, and I want to test it out for the day. Hopefully I didn't mess up shimming the gears :eek:. I kinda worried though, as I had a piece left over after putting it back together (a metal ring, that I think was meant to go on the spring guide)

Oh, kdouglas, I have some gears for you (to replace those you used fixing my AK Beta months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,034 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you cut the spring or buy a new one?

If he cut the spring then he'd have imported an unlicensed firearm. So no, he didnt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Did you cut the spring or buy a new one?

Got it shipped without a spring to comply with the law,
    and then added my own spring to get it working
    Fires fine and looks great , will put pics up of all my new stuff soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Fair point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

What's HRTA's minimum participation age? Is it 16 or did I hear that somewhere else?

Since I moved back to Meath, my younger brother (15) has been asking more and more for a chance to use one of the aeg's in my collection and I'd rather do it in a safe environment like HRTA than in my garage. He's considering buying one too and I'd rather he looked at what was out there and had a go with one or two before he shelled out money.
    Knowing him, he might get it out of his system in a day and never want to do it again so I want to be sure with him

• Advertisement

Pretty sure its 14

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it is 14.,., something to do with insurance reasone i believe,.

Ah that's grand, he probably won't even play, but just in case he decides he wants a run.
    I just want him to see what other equipment is like. He's not a fan of my G36 but he seems to be eyeing up a UMP or an armalite in my mags. I'm trying to veer him away from the DE ump toward the M15 Sportsline though if he is going to get one. That way he'll at least have something that will last the abuse he's sure to give it, for only a few bucks more.

Uh armalites how I hate them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

NakedDex wrote: »
    I'm trying to veer him away from the DE ump toward the M15 Sportsline though if he is going to get one. That way he'll at least have something that will last the abuse he's sure to give it, for only a few bucks more.

I dunno what the UMP is like but with the sportline i found it jammed up a few times at first because they didnt align the motor correctly but it was a simple fix really, I took the motor out and adjusted the grip screw a little and it was perfect, also noticed it has a high torque as standard., its a very nice gun and a bit lighter than you expect but that probably because im used to the S-system with a heavy metal rail on it. The weight is one of the things i like about the sportline too though, i might switch my sniper project over from the S-system and get another sportline instead.,:)
    Uh armalites how I hate them!
    lol, me too, but ya just gotta have one.,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

looks like it will be only cloudy and sunny on saturday! woot woot,

well according to the interweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What's HRTA's minimum participation age? Is it 16 or did I hear that somewhere else?

Since I moved back to Meath, my younger brother (15) has been asking more and more for a chance to use one of the aeg's in my collection and I'd rather do it in a safe environment like HRTA than in my garage. He's considering buying one too and I'd rather he looked at what was out there and had a go with one or two before he shelled out money.
    Knowing him, he might get it out of his system in a day and never want to do it again so I want to be sure with him

From what i recall it needs a parent to sign off on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

looks like it will be only cloudy and sunny on saturday! woot woot,

well according to the interweb

You forgot to mention the gale force winds....

"Continuing very windy tomorrow (sat). Most places dry and fairly bright with some sunny spells in southern districts, however it will be overcast with patchy rain or drizzle in some northern parts. Top temperatures of 10 to 12 degrees. Strong to gale force southwest winds will ease off somewhat towards evening"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'll be there Sat :)

You forgot to mention the gale force winds....

"Continuing very windy tomorrow (sat). Most places dry and fairly bright with some sunny spells in southern districts, however it will be overcast with patchy rain or drizzle in some northern parts. Top temperatures of 10 to 12 degrees. Strong to gale force southwest winds will ease off somewhat towards evening"

hhahahaha...er, yes.....there was that one issue...could be interesting...wind up shooting yourself!!! LOL

wonder does that count as a hit?? i suspect so...

Gandalf...see you there..is mr m60 lemming going??

maybe time to rouse the old folks homes for a meet of the zimmers?

Meeting Mr. M60 McBar tonight, he did mention he may have to work Sat but will confirm with him.

Yes the Zimmers need to be woken and take revenge on the "splitter" !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

long shot here but i wonder would someone give me a lift from rusk/lush or malahide(or any station/bus eirann stop) and back at the end:rolleyes: always worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ah that's grand, he probably won't even play, but just in case he decides he wants a run.
    I just want him to see what other equipment is like. He's not a fan of my G36 but he seems to be eyeing up a UMP or an armalite in my mags. I'm trying to veer him away from the DE ump toward the M15 Sportsline though if he is going to get one. That way he'll at least have something that will last the abuse he's sure to give it, for only a few bucks more.

Yes, steer him away from the UMP, thats MY GUN!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

gandalf wrote: »
    Meeting Mr. M60 McBar tonight, he did mention he may have to work Sat but will confirm with him.

Yes the Zimmers need to be woken and take revenge on the "splitter" !!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lemmings M60 has been renamed Gatlings shadow :)

• Advertisement

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

anyone else from zimmers going???

i am going to try and do the whole day....

If I can get a way in from Meath in the morning I'll go. I might bribe the mother to drop me off in the morning since she won't let me take her car. Still haven't recieved the scope for the SPR so I might just leave that behind this time since it only saw 5 minutes of action the last day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Oberleutnant

I know ive said it before but damn it im going tomorrow!

wind and rain! to hell with you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

should be some interesting games tomorrow with that wind out there, ill be there, unfortunately without the m249 though, need to stock up on mosfets, ah well, just the p90 tomorrow then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steodee

Is there anybody who live's in (close to) ballymun that skirmish's at hrta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

steodee wrote: »
    Is there anybody who live's in (close to) ballymun that skirmish's at hrta.

ClareHall, There is a Team of us around here called DnR " Do not Resuscitate " New team,.

prettygood day today ,avoided the wrath of the zimmers for another week

I'm sorry I couldn't make it out. My procedure got pushed back by a few hours so I went to MIA's sale in the morning and then on to the surgery. I had intended on being out for the afternoon but stupid doctors and their stupid lunches put paid to that. I'm falling apart for a shooting sesh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steodee

Blazher wrote: »
    ClareHall, There is a Team of us around here called DnR " Do not Resuscitate " New team,.

Class i only got my aeg bout 2 weeks ago how do u lads get up to hrta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement