Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

weeder wrote: »
    and just a general question, would one battery do me the day? and how much BB's would the average person use in a day?

I've managed to use 3 batteries in one day and over 6000 bb's.

I wouldn't go with just one battery. They don't last as long as you would hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steodee

Alright lads im of to hrta 4 the first time on saturday should i bring anything other that my gun,bbs and a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

steodee wrote: »
    Alright lads im of to hrta 4 the first time on saturday should i bring anything other that my gun,bbs and a mask

Please dont use text speak

Bring that stuff lunch a drink gloves and a good pair of boots and a spare pair of socks but thats optional

cheers

cheers i cant wait to get up here hope its good crack

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

warm clothes., dont have to go over the top but it can be pretty cold out there.,

tanx. haven't got a bdu should that matter. and i know u have to sign a wavier i seen it on the site but can u do it up there instead of printing it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

cant see a problem if you brought along your parents

wat about id instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Well if your 18 its grand

• Advertisement

cheer's lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

I've managed to use 3 batteries in one day and over 6000 bb's.

I wouldn't go with just one battery. They don't last as long as you would hope.

However those who can shoot usually get away with 1 battery (a spare in case of failure) and about 3000 BBs.
    It's an AEG, not a firehose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

steodee wrote: »
    tanx. haven't got a bdu should that matter. and i know u have to sign a wavier i seen it on the site but can u do it up there instead of printing it out

Please, just for me, avoid 'text speak'. It's hard to read, annoys most people and makes one look like a moron.
    Now that's out of the way;
    Warm clothes. More layers of clothing is better than heavy stuff. It's going to be cold, windy and damp. It's January in Ireland. Count on it. Plus you can always take layers off if it's too warm. After that, what it looks like really dosn't matter.

Waterproof shoes. When your feet are dry all is good with the world.

Lunch. You are going to be miles away from the nearest food. Include liquids. Just because the weather is cold dosn't me you will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

However those who can shoot usually get away with 1 battery (a spare in case of failure) and about 3000 BBs.
    It's an AEG, not a firehose.

Depends really, sometimes you can go through an insane amount of ammo if you're engaging at long range or suppressing a lot. Given that Rabbit carries a long rifle that sort of ammo usage every once in a while wouldn't surprise me.

Hope next weeks games arnt as complicated as saturdays, I got lost in all this explaination stuff and just got "eye glaze", ya know where ya just keep agreeing and pretending your listening.,lol., we need more 50/50, capture the flag type games and less movie direction in them, its just too hard to follow,.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

vtec wrote: »
    Hope next weeks games arnt as complicated as saturdays, I got lost in all this explaination stuff and just got "eye glaze", ya know where ya just keep agreeing and pretending your listening.,lol., we need more 50/50, capture the flag type games and less movie direction in them, its just too hard to follow,.,

We need you to upload the photos from last sat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

How is the parking down there these days since we stopped parking on the field?

Last time I was down there cars were all over the place! Bit of a pain getting out, and in for that matter!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Parking was fine on Saturday. I just didn't realize that it was further up the road than the entrance to the field.

A sign (even in the parking lot visible from the street) saying "HRTA" would be nice. I drove by it the first time and it looked like some farmer's drive.

theres a cone at the grassey entrance, you not supposed to park in there, you just go past it and theres a gravel path where ya park.,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

nhedge wrote: »
    A sign (even in the parking lot visible from the street) saying "HRTA" would be nice. I drove by it the first time and it looked like some farmer's drive.

I manage to do that nearly every time... :o

• Advertisement

theres a cone at the grassey entrance, you not supposed to park in there, you just go past it and theres a gravel path where ya park.,

There's no cone. Just two wooden wheels saying "Private".
    Almost got my car stuck in it and I had to throw out my runners after stepping into something most foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Yeah the gravel path is what I am talking about. It was chaos last time. No real organization to it. Nearly ripped off me bumper getting out!:p

Maybe Paul has move the hovercraft and the other stuff up to the field now and there is more space.?

Yeah, I didn't see anything but visitors cars there. The hovercraft is near the safezone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

any chance some people can post pics of hrta, as i haven't been there in a while now and want to see what improvements have been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

hovercraft ? What the hell dd i miss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

nhedge wrote: »
    I had to throw out my runners after stepping into something most foul.

Yeah....sorry about that. Hivemind hasn't been fully trained yet, but we're working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

hovercraft.... thats why i wanna see some new pics

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Id be careful of him if i was you blay., ive heard stories.,;)

:p:D

i log out for 2 mins , try to offer my car as private taxi to some chaps going to HRTA for the first time and i get abuse??? :O vtec if that is your real name i hope....no no i pray we on opposite teams for the night shoot cause i got an s-mag for my g36c and all 2500 rounds have your name on them :P

on that note to all who want lift im leaving blackrock around 10.15am(when the first little boy gets off the bus) yummy!! and ill be in HRTA for the day till around 10pm(whenever night shoot finishes) just in cause you need to organize alternate lifts home . PM me for number of the 'love line' and we find a way to get you down to HRTA, oh vtec you getting it good.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

i will be making a stop in to M.I.A on the way on saturday,just keep that in mind if you want a lift as well, "aiming" to be in HRTA by around midday,maybe little before.

vtec so dead.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

and ill be in HRTA for the day till around 10pm(whenever night shoot finishes) just in cause you need to organize alternate lifts home

on that note, anyone available to give a lift back from hrta to bray or

thereabouts? :o

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement