Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Boston wrote: »
    Can't put signs up on public property.

Yeah, but the land at the sides of the road are privately owned. Just a matter of asking the landowner I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

We had a rifle shoot in Kerry a couple of years ago, but the range was in a bog that was so off the main road that you would never find it if you tried.
    The organisers came up with a plan, bags of flour were burst at each turn, the beauty of this was that the flour would last the day, even in the rain, but would eventually wash away or blow away and cause no harm.
    Another method they used was large coke or water bottles that had white paint swirled around inside and allowed to dry, the bottle was used as an arrow by pointing it in the direction you had to go, not as fool proof as the flour.
    You cant beat a smart Kerry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Unless you put show him three shovels and tell him to take his pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

vtec wrote: »
    I'll be there., looking forward to unleashing the CQB on you lot., :D

richie what is it with you always "unleashing" on anyone you can,no really.....

that night shoot was the mutts nuts,gave me personally a great feel (yes richie FEEL) of what "real" warfair is like so, big THANKS to dave,glen and all who helped them to get stuff ready,im looking forward to the next Contractor run event. thanks again guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ROFL., nuff said., :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Hey guys,

I haven't been around enough since i was voted into this position of Community Liaison Officer. This i wish to change. As such i will be at HRTA this Saturday, most likely as a marshal and will be free to answer any questions and listen to any concerns you lot may have.

Im supposed to be the eyes and ears of the Comittee.
    I shall correct this.

Regards,
    Conor Scolard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I haven't been around enough since i was voted into this position of Community Liaison Officer. This i wish to change. As such i will be at HRTA this Saturday, most likely as a marshal and will be free to answer any questions and listen to any concerns you lot may have.

I shall correct this.

Regards,
    Conor Scolard

Would you be in a position to accept my donation towards the IAA/HRTA charity birthday bash on Saturday then or would I be better giving it to Paul?

Saturday might be my last skirmish before I head off.

Hey guys,

I shall correct this.

Regards,
    Conor Scolard

Well congrats on the position of Community Liaison Officer...first I've heard of it. :D

Regarding this charity skirmish day, is it being run by the IAA, by HRTA or something/someone else? Reason I ask, is that I have something to offer up for the raffle. A really nice item worth €100+. I'm not saying what it is yet though (I like the suspense) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Well congrats on the position of Community Liaison Officer...first I've heard of it. :D

Regarding this charity skirmish day, is it being run by the IAA, by HRTA or something/someone else? Reason I ask, is that I have something to offer up for the raffle. A really nice item worth €100+. I'm not saying what it is yet though (I like the suspense) :D

It better not be a broken m1911 :D

Shiva wrote: »
    It better not be a broken m1911 :D

Nope. Though one way or another, I'm getting that broken M1911 to you this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Would you be in a position to accept my donation towards the IAA/HRTA charity birthday bash on Saturday then or would I be better giving it to Paul?

Saturday might be my last skirmish before I head off.

Best bet would be to give it to Dar or Paul. They will be able to keep a record of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Spetzcong wrote: »

I'll sort out a donation box for those of you who won't be able to attend on the 17th but still want to contribute.
    I have something to offer up for the raffle. A really nice item worth €100+.

Sound great! All donations are welcome, and anyone who wants to donate prizes can reach me by PM here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

by the way did any see or find a blue Dare to Be jacket in the cabin last saterday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

So who's gonna be there Saturday? I've some how managed to convince my friend Maggie (yes a girl) to go :p

lol., id feel bad shooting a girl., except giz, she'd be well able to shoot back., :D
    i might bring a friend this sat aswell.,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

be there with the team,

Hey CrazyRabbit just saw this now, sorry about the delay.

As per the OP the Charity event is being run by the Irish Airsoft Association in conjunction with Paul Carey - HRTA.

Hey CrazyRabbit just saw this now, sorry about the delay.

As per the OP the Charity event is being run by the Irish Airsoft Association in conjunction with Paul Carey - HRTA.

Ok, so I can leave the mysterious item with Paul then.

So many new posts here per day that I just tend to scim through the posts quickly. I either missed or misread the original post...or I have a really bad memory.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Hi there, Im thinking of heading to HRTA soon enough with some friends, and there was just one or two things I was looking to find out, if you guys don't mind?
    On the site, they talk about the indoor arena and facility. Is that still in effect, or since they've moved is it just outdoor skirmish?
    And whats the general layout or description of the place?
    Thanks very much.

On the site, they talk about the indoor arena and facility. Is that still in effect, or since they've moved is it just outdoor skirmish?

Indeed the new site is outdoor only. Kinda sad when it rains :p
    And whats the general layout or description of the place?
    Thanks very much.

In essence HRTA is a huge field with various structures and buildings providing cover and creating bases.

• Advertisement

and a wooded lane.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

And a wooden leg.

Yargh, matey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

a few of us are heading up soon as well. Is there a map or design layout available so us first timers can prep a little bit before we get inevitably shot to pieces leaving the staging area... lol

is their not one on HRTA site? i think you can look at the google maps one on there.,

Sadly the image on google maps is out of date and shows an empty field.
    With HRTA constantly being changed its hard to even draw a map.

Sorry man

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Thanks very much for the info. Be a couple us heading down hopefully at start of march.

Thats fair enough... could you give us a rough idea of whats to be expected ie Baricades, rooms, obstacles, etc... Cheers

theres about 5 containers/cabins, loads of pallats, 2 main bases, a wooded area, some ditches, a river etc etc., tis a good laugh, the more people the better the game., :)

Sounds great... 5 (so far) of us will be heaing up in a few weeks... Looking forward to it...

• Advertisement

Sounds great... 5 (so far) of us will be heaing up in a few weeks... Looking forward to it...

you should try get to the birthday game, that will be the biggest one i reckon.,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement