Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nonex wrote: »
    i'am going saturday, i think a few are going down to do a bit of seting up on the site.
    vtec wrote: »
    yep think me and neil will be bringing stuff the fix up the hawks base.,

id be worried if you werent going

and its all hands on deck with setting up for sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sabrewolfe

Is there going to be any combat on saturday or will it all be fixing things for sunday

full skirmish as normal ,
    any fixing will be done at the end of day unless nonex says otherwise,

any lifts going from southside /tallaght direction in the morning:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

<---slaps self in head.

Stupid batteries need charging and it's 00:35am. Doh!

thanks rabbit ,almost forgot

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

couldnt find the charger off my drill so looks like it manual labour tomorrow, and for those of you who dont know, manual mabour isnt a spanish guy that works in starbucks.,;) lol.,
    got some screws, prybar, hammer etc though.,

anyone heading in the next while, missed my lift

Well I've never seen a quieter day at HRTA on a saturday. When I arrived around midday there was only 7 people. Thankfully more arrived and we got up to the mid-teens.

Apologies to Dar for all the dents in his fingers. It was mostly unintentional.

BTW, a dark 'hoody' top and a jacket were left in HRTA. Some people would lose their head if it weren't attached to their shoulders...

tickner., thats the second time he misplaced it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Lads, thanks to all there yesterday for providing a fun hour or so of airsofting, and particular thanks for the advice about the sticking AEG trigger (and the lend of the AEG when my battery died - that would have been Rew!). I think that's sold me on airsoft! So I'll look forward to being back real soon in order to actually try hitting some of you.

Now, back to the bank balance to figure out how to pay for all the kit I'll need to cover for my inadequacies and lack of skills :p

(I was the n00b in the black combats and fleece, as if that wasn't obvious)

• Advertisement

oh i remember ya., it was rew that lent ya the gun.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Next weekend us lads from Tipp hope to give you all a visit, unless there's some major drama..;)

pah, ya should have been there today man., it was a great laugh.,
    next week will prob be a decent turn out what with the extra people that have heard about it form today., dont think i'll be able to make it though, ill only be getting back from prague at 12 on sat.,

vtec wrote: »
    pah, ya should have been there today man., it was a great laugh.,
    next week will prob be a decent turn out what with the extra people that have heard about it form today., dont think i'll be able to make it though, ill only be getting back from prague at 12 on sat.,

That's no excuse. The airport is fairly near, so you can stop off for a few games before heading home with your suitcases etc. :D

lol., means ill have to bring AEGs aswell., :D
    i was planning to drop up after i got back but i wouldnt get much gaming in so id just go as a spectator or do a bit of marshalling in the last few games.,

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

whats the situation with hrta on sundays times ect and how mutch dose it cost?

c-90 wrote: »
    whats the situation with hrta on sundays times ect and how mutch dose it cost?

Same as saturdays. 10:30'ish until 5:30'ish. €25 walk on...€45 rental.

Hi guys a few of us are hoping to get to HRTA on Sunday. We just wanna know is there a limit to the amount of mags you can carry during a skirmish. and can you carry spare bb's or speed loaders as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

iceage wrote: »
    Hi guys a few of us are hoping to get to HRTA on Sunday. We just wanna know is there a limit to the amount of mags you can carry during a skirmish. and can you carry spare bb's or speed loaders as well.

for the lenght of time i have been going to HRTA there has been no mag limit and carry all the extra bbs you want.

Unless there is a special match where bbs are limited like the night ops:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

^ The only limits are the ones you impose upon yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

I've carried up to 6 mags before, and a bag full of bb's in a pouch
    there really isn't a limit on ammo
    you can carry speed loaders aswell on the field, in fact I recommend it!

I'd also recommend always bringing a spare battery to HRTA, bring food, water, and a change of clothes. Oh and a hat. Getting your bare skull riddled with bb's is not fun!

If you want to rent AEG's you have to ring ahead a few days in a advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

No there is no limit to the ammount of mags you can carry. I take around 14 midcaps, 1 hicap, 1 speedloader and a bag of bbs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

And we mostly play on Saturdays

Thanks guys.. really appreciate the advise, theres a few of us, including my son hopefully going to call on HRTA on Sunday, so we're just sorting final details.

We looking forward to it as this will be our first chance to get out as a team, yes, its another team! We're a bit of a mixed bunch as to kit n' camo, and ranging in ages from 15ish to me!(and that old!) but might I be so rude as to introduce "The Firm".....

I've seen some posts about the condition of HRTA in the last 48hr or so. I have to give Paul the first shout, because when I was making inquirys about the possibility of Airsofting down here(in Tipp) I spoke to him briefly on the phone and he gave me the lowdown, straight from the hip, no bull*hit. We appreciate no bull*hit.. See you all Sunday.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Thanks guys.. really appreciate the advise, theres a few of us, including my son hopefully going to call on HRTA on Sunday, so we're just sorting final details.

We looking forward to it as this will be our first chance to get out as a team, yes, its another team! We're a bit of a mixed bunch as to kit n' camo, and ranging in ages from 15ish to me!(and that old!) but might I be so rude as to introduce "The Firm".....

I've seen some posts about the condition of HRTA in the last 48hr or so. I have to give Paul the first shout, because when I was making inquirys about the possibility of Airsofting down here(in Tipp) I spoke to him briefly on the phone and he gave me the lowdown, straight from the hip, no bull*hit. We appreciate no bull*hit.. See you all Sunday.;)

just a heads up for you iceage, sundays are quieter some times with no players at all.
    paul.

Well, so far we're committed, I'm waiting on one more bod to arrive from u.k. tomorrow. So Paul thanks for the heads up, all I know is we gagging for a skirmish? one of us is so bad I think that if I tell him him it's off, its gonna get messy..and no amount os cilit bang is gonna sort this guy out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Well, so far we're committed, I'm waiting on one more bod to arrive from u.k. tomorrow. So Paul thanks for the heads up, all I know is we gagging for a skirmish? one of us is so bad I think that if I tell him him it's off, its gonna get messy..and no amount os cilit bang is gonna sort this guy out!!

How many of you are going?
    If there is a big bunch i will probably come along.

It's a bit up in the air now! might be a change of plans, our No 6, is looking doubtful.......playing it by ear now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

myself and two or 3 others will be attending on sunday is there many going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

i will be going tomorrow(saterday) and i know of 2 or 3 others going aswell:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement