Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Has to be a record - ya feckin git. But fair play to you all the same;)

Now we know your hiding place...:confused:

theres always new spots.,;) i was in a tree sitting in a ghost sandwich then just sprayed 8 of them right in front of me, and then got alvin from a distance,:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Since this was technically my first skirimsh anniversary (3rd March was the day which is a mid week this week) and based on something Nonex said to me in HRTA today, I thoguht I'd dig these out for the craic.

448722505a3793332333b492159877l.jpg
    448722505a3793311160b431866459l.jpg
    448722505a3793311119b321908332l.jpg
    448722505a3793290038b120521370l.jpg
    Group shot of everyone who played that day
    448722505a3793290000b771125282l.jpg

I think this was also the first day the back field became open to us to use too. I remember something about walking way too far back in a "Rescue the Pilot" game and returning to find the game had ended without a shot being fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Enjoyable day today, decent turnout and lots of active games which kept everyone moving.
    The smoke screen looked great, must try and add colour to them next time.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Enjoyable day today, decent turnout and lots of active games which kept everyone moving.
    The smoke screen looked great, must try and add colour to them next time.

Steve

Where do you get those or whats involved is making one of them, i saw that one earlier and it looked pretty neat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Posting instructions on how to make smoke bombs or any other pyrotechnics is against the forum charter and is punishable with a ban

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭chopper j

can i ask why it forbiden are smoke bombs ileageal here i no how to make them but havent found the ingredents easy to find so havent botherd but if they were ileagle i dident no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

chopper j wrote: »
    can i ask why it forbiden are smoke bombs ileageal here i no how to make them but havent found the ingredents easy to find so havent botherd but if they were ileagle i dident no

Considered fireworks and/or restricted pyrotechnics/explosives by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,033 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Considered fireworks and/or restricted pyrotechnics/explosives by the government.

Plus this isn't a chemestry forum. We don't want to be responsible for people blowing up/multilating themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

o1s1n wrote: »
    Plus this isn't a chemestry forum. We don't want to be responsible for people blowing up/multilating themselves.

Honestly for quite a few here that would be an improvement ;)

Great day yesterday, had 2 newbies in tow (they will be back). Aches and pains today and my face looks like I caught measles only got hit in the face and hands all day LOL

If played correctly that rolling retreat base game is brilliant (and knackering).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Fantastic games yeasterday indeed. Really knackering but great fluidity (spelling?) to them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

yeah, not exactly my best weekend in terms of injurys.
    one of the biggests problems i had yesterday was people not taking hits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Did you say it to them at the time or to a marshal?

Fantastic games yeasterday indeed. Really knackering but great fluidity (spelling?) to them. :D

is that really even a word? hehe.,:p
    well, you lot missed a great laugh today, there was about 15 of us there and had some great games, im completely burnt out, i feel like a one armed leapper trying to save a beckham free kick, everywhere aches from 2 whole days of gaming.,lol :D

vtec wrote: »
    is that really even a word? hehe.,:p

:D
    seems it is - after all my years studying rheology:p - and I knew it would pay off some day:D:D

It's well for young lads like ya - running around the whole weekend - I spent today drinking herbal tea, on anti-inflamatories, rubbing germoline and deep heat all over my fatigued and aching body:p

well, actually I was out canoeing!:D

I've a lovely 2 man kayak that would be great in the ditches - if only we had another foot of water - M249 mounted on front:p:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I've a lovely 2 man kayak that would be great in the ditches - if only we had another foot of water - M249 mounted on front:p:eek:

Lol stop giving me ideas :p:p:D:D

Tryed to walk through that today...... Its alot deeper then I remember it being :p

LOL., jeez your pretty acvtive for a granda aidan huh.,:p hehe
    today was lovely though, i played the whole day in a T shirt and was still sweating like gary gliter in a schoolyard.,

vtec wrote: »
    LOL., jeez your pretty acvtive for a granda aidan huh.,:p hehe
    today was lovely though, i played the whole day in a T shirt and was still sweating like gary gliter in a schoolyard.,

:D

I wish I was there to redden yer arms ya whippersnapper....

:D:D:D

LOL still walking around the apartment here like an old man.......and the face still has round red marks all over it LOL

gandalf wrote: »
    LOL still walking around the apartment here like an old man.......and the face still has round red marks all over it LOL

The charge you led through the lane was awesome. Sure; you fell in a hail of bb's (about 2000 I'd guess) but that was one hell of a sight!:eek:

Wear them with pride:p (and germoline)

Great day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

gandalf wrote: »
    Yeah.....'er, sorry about that. But on the plus side, a tight little pattern of welts in the center of the forhead is all the rage these days.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,111 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah.....'er, sorry about that. But on the plus side, a tight little pattern of welts in the center of the forhead is all the rage these days.:D

ya got me in the lip with that m249 too :p

:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

blay1 wrote: »
    ya got me in the lip with that m249 too :p

:cool::cool::cool:

You should have seen Dr. Pepper's face when I spat out a BB I caught. Priceless....

LOL that was my own fault, the real sore thing about was you weren't even aiming at me I just got tagged cause I raise my head over the barrier :P

And yes I can confirm you are getting a nice tight pattern on your shots, 3 shots in a 3 inch area on my forehead lol.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

You should have seen Dr. Pepper's face when I spat out a BB I caught. Priceless....

Ha! I swear that took me completely by suprise.
    You put the gun down and walk like you've been hit although i didn't hear ****... i'm just about to ask is everything ok when u spit out a BB!!
    **** me man i know you use a lot but catching them in your mouth.. hardcore man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

penguin-o7 wrote: »
    yeah, not exactly my best weekend in terms of injurys.
    one of the biggests problems i had yesterday was people not taking hits
    The charge you led through the lane was awesome. Sure; you fell in a hail of bb's (about 2000 I'd guess) but that was one hell of a sight!:eek:

Wear them with pride:p (and germoline)

Great day!

there much of a problem people not taking there hits on saturday ,alot of poeple are claiming hits arent being taken when alot of people are out of range ,i marshalled for most of saturday very few incidents were brought to my attension,

have to agree with aiden the fighting rear guard ,it was a great game (good idea paul)
    tactics and team work came to the fore as demonstrated in the 3rd running of the game ,

Gandalfs solo charge againgst the ghosts and a few others including a well placed 249 ,was quite funny to watch as myself and simon had a great view directly in front of his charge ,leading from the front is the way Gandalf,

Gatling wrote: »
    Gandalfs solo charge againgst the ghosts and a few others including a well placed 249 ,was quite funny to watch as myself and simon had a great view directly in front of his charge ,leading from the front is the way Gandalf,

Hey that was a pistol charge as well :)

Feck it no point sitting back and being scared of getting hit !!!!

Yes the phased retreat game is good but I think there should be a max timelimit that the defending team can hold each base, maybe 5 minutes. Otherwise it can get bogged down when you have organised team on defense against a weak attacking team. At least that way things would keep moving and be interesting for people of all levels.

i think on saturday we will try it without 249s and the like unless both teams have a support weapon,

the best shot gandalf was during the 1st morning game when you were behind the the new structure and the guy attacking curled a bb around the wall on to your face ,

strangest angle ive ever seen anyone get hit from

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

I've been to HRTA this weeked first time since October.
    There is one thing that I think changed.

It's amount of time it takes you guys to dress up! :eek:

Game didn't start untill 12 while at least 20 people was there at 10:30 getting there cammo right.

I think games where slow with long breaks in between.
    Nevertheless a general impression - Good fun it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Talk of people not taking hits on the forum is getting old, real old. Its either a big enough issue to say it directly to some one, or not at all.
    theburi wrote: »
    I've been to HRTA this weeked first time since October.

Game didn't start untill 12 while at least 20 people was there at 10:30 getting there cammo right.

I think games where slow with long breaks in between.
    Nevertheless a general impression - Good fun it was.

Thats fairly common. To avoid it you have to motivate yourself and not sit back waiting for someone else to start a game. I've gone into the field at 11 playing 4 against 4 while a dozen odd sat up at base talking, and if thats what they want to pay their money for, then fair play to them. Its the same with getting a quick turn around in the games.

• Advertisement

theburi wrote: »

very true it seems a new social scene has grown in the safe zone and game area ,nobody is ever in a rush to play anymore ,

gaps in between games need to be shortened ,even worse is people coming with no batteries charged or when the leave the game zone to play they only bring enought ammo for 1/2 games and walk out of a game to get more bbs ,grrr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement