Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

I'd third the scrapping of the bang rule, to be honest it just creates far more trouble than it's worth. And I know chipped teeth and bloody scratches aren't welcome, but that's part of the sport in my eyes. You could of course still use it as a courtesy, but more often than not you end up in a situation where it's you or them and the bang rule is utterly ineffective. A double tap to the upper body is far more effective.

You could have a rule whereby you are not allowed shoot at a person's head at a distance of less than 10ft, otherwise, fire away. CQB will render the bang rule ineffective in my view and i hear they don't use it in Drogheda at all, i'm not sure if that's true or not.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually I like the bang kill rule. I got one bang kill at the containers on Saturday. I turned in between 2 containers and looked into the entrance to one of them, I had the M15 pointed 3ft away from a lads chest. Said bang and he said "yes" nervously. There is no way I would like to open up at that range with an AEG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

My take on the bang rule has always been this.
    I say bang and if you flinch i shoot you with a single burst - usually 3 rounds.

I'm saying bang as an alternative to hurting ya.
    If you don't accept my bang then i will shoot which you cannot dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

gandalf wrote: »
    Actually I like the bang kill rule. I got one bang kill at the containers on Saturday. I turned in between 2 containers and looked into the entrance to one of them, I had the M15 pointed 3ft away from a lads chest. Said bang and he said "yes" nervously. There is no way I would like to open up at that range with an AEG.

Think that was me :D . Are you the guy wearing the green "poncho" at some stage.

gandalf wrote: »

I completely agree, but in situations where you turn a corner as another player is turning the same corner, it should be a case of who can pull the trigger first, not who can shout BANG the quickest.

I hope i didn't come across wrong, in the situation Gandalf found himself in I would have done the same and I wouldn't shoot other players for the sake of it, but I reckon if the situation calls for it, which it usually does, you should be allowed pull the trigger.

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd third the scrapping of the bang rule, to be honest it just creates far more trouble than it's worth. And I know chipped teeth and bloody scratches aren't welcome, but that's part of the sport in my eyes. You could of course still use it as a courtesy, but more often than not you end up in a situation where it's you or them and the bang rule is utterly ineffective. A double tap to the upper body is far more effective.

You could have a rule whereby you are not allowed shoot at a person's head at a distance of less than 10ft, otherwise, fire away. CQB will render the bang rule ineffective in my view and i hear they don't use it in Drogheda at all, i'm not sure if that's true or not.

Steve

drogheda do use the bang kill system as some of the game play involves getting up close and personal,

ive bang killed people while marshaling especialy when somebody is running into a position with there finger on full auto , or around the cabins when somebody is about to walk in to 3 aegs,it saves on any hassle amd most people agree when its done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

"Bang kill rule". And therein lies the problem. It shouldn't need to be a rule.

"Bang kill curtesy" is how I view it. It is a game of honour afterall, and what better display of honour is there than to give a beaten opponant a chance to effectively surrender?

Regardless of what rules are in force, I choose not to shoot someone at very closee range. Nobody needs to tell me it's the right thing to do, I know it.

Now, some scenarios and sites may require this curtesy to be waived. And that's fine so long as everyone is ok with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

:D4000th post in the thread

(4001 actuly)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Think that was me :D . Are you the guy wearing the green "poncho" at some stage.

Yep that was me alright :)

Did anyone take any photos on Sat, I had my camera with me but never got around to taking any. Was enjoying the craic skirmishing too much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Parlay and Bang are both optional. You dont have to use them to prevent people getting hurt. If someone shoots someone else in the head at close range they should be immediatly removed from the site with a ban of 1 Month mimium.

lets face it lads you all know that close range shots to the head are unaccaptle in any situations you should at all time identify a target before shooting.

And before you all jump down my throat I should let you know that I give the Bang kill any chance I get. I take pride in getting that close and still getting the jump. Over 100 Bang kills and noone todate has denied it.

And Steve I dont know where your getting your information regarding no bang kills in droheda as it is completly incorrect. I average about 10 Bang's per full day up there as it was stressed by the owners/marshals that if at all possible give the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

i hear they don't use it in Drogheda at all, i'm not sure if that's true or not.

Steve

I have played in HRTA and Drogheda, I can tell you know the " Bang Kill Rule " is enforced big time, in some parts of the Drogheda site you can be within 2 feet of your target and not even know,

But i agree with you, The " Bang Kill Rule " is a joke, Some times you don't got the time to say " Bang " Its quicker and better to just shot them in the foot or leg,

There have been times were i have " banged " a person and because of that his team mate beside/behind him knows were i am,

A agree with if your within 10Ft of someone then NO HEAD SHOTS Makes more sences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭chopper j

i got take n out a few time by very well planed bang kills in drawhada

if you bang kill a team mate by mistake doz it cout??

Friendly fire man,
    You shot your team m8 by saying bang then he's out.

well i did wups its very tick scrub there and i heard him dident see him aw well live and learn well leat i did he he

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You're a dead man next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

feylya wrote: »
    You're a dead man next game.

Death is merely a 20 second walk to a respawn point.

in fact i tend to end up killing u more than the other team most of the time you realy should be more carefull coz you no i cant help but shoot you in the back of the head when you look misrabile like that walking of the feld like that

kiwi84000 wrote: »

And Steve I dont know where your getting your information regarding no bang kills in droheda as it is completly incorrect. I average about 10 Bang's per full day up there as it was stressed by the owners/marshals that if at all possible give the bag.

Hence me not being sure if it was true or not. Someone that played at Drogheda said it at HRTA there on Saturday, so they must have been lying or ignoring the rule.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

I'd love to see a poll set up to see how many people dislike the bang kill rule.

I can't stand bang kills, I think that some people for instance have abused the power (yes I'm talking to you Liamo :P )

Otherwise I'd agree that no head shots in close range, I'd prefer to be shot close range, but nothing rediculous like point blank
    The more rules we add to the game, the less it is like real combat and lets face it, thats one of the main reasons we play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    I'd love to see a poll set up to see how many people dislike the bang kill rule.

I can't stand bang kills, I think that some people for instance have abused the power (yes I'm talking to you Liamo :P )
    Otherwise I'd agree that no head shots in close range, I'd prefer to be shot close range, but nothing rediculous like point blank
    The more rules we add to the game, the less it is like real combat and lets face it, thats one of the main reasons we play.

Would you prefer if I shot you all in the back:D?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i think the point was that you wouldnt have been able to shoot all 13 in the back b4 getting shot yourself.
    I took the hit as a bang kill all the same as it was good that nobody coped you but at the same time, it was more a knife kill you where doing and i thought that wasnt allowed for safety reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

A knife kill is when you put your hand on someone shoulder afaik.

i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I don't get why that would be banned, or what the problem with it would be.

I know its back seat modding but your gonna drift into the same debate with the bang kill rule.

it was discussed here before and on other forums and the concern was that should somebody "come at" u, regardless of if they had a rubber knife or even just bare hands, people will react with instinct and defend themselves and possibly cause injury/fights.

And having wintness such a situation at old HRTA along time ago, i thought it wasnt allowed. not that it was banned as such but that it wasnt to be done.
    maybe its not a rule but i thought it was.

@Dr Pepper, actualy it is an issue on its own as its not exactly the same thing. however, yes, many of the same issues and arguments could arise as with bang killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Who am I going to have the pleasure of skirmishing with this Saturday, then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

im going., and i might be bringing my 2 bro's and missus., :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

chopper j wrote: »
    well i did wups its very tick scrub there and i heard him dident see him aw well live and learn well leat i did he he

Then surely it wasn't a legitimate Bang Kill, was it ?

• Advertisement

also not a clear line of sight if it was thick scrub?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement