Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Hey. Clear safety glasses that you have on a site, will they be allowed at HRTA?
    Do they provide required protection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Do they have gaps which a 6mm bb could get through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats sounds like Lordi:p

thats exactly what i said a few mins ago here on IRC.,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Rammestein; "Feuer Frei"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Yeah Lethal, that was weird!
    Took forever cutting those parts out
    I just used Cyberlink power director
    was gonna use AVID but my comps giving me a bit of trouble at the moment
    should be getting a MAC with Final Cut Pro soon!
    Theres a camera shake modifier in it aswell as multi-cip editing
    only for a lend, but woop!

Oh and it's rammstein, not LORDI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LORDI!!! ffs thats Rammstein who are gods compared to Lordi.

Wash your mouth out young man !!!

Heres the original video so you can educate yourself ! http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nHWicNDkbpw

The 2nd song sounds like Disturbeds version of Land of Confusion.

Excellent vid Giz !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Gizmodeon wrote: »

I prefer your version. The music is far more apt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

That was a GREAT day of skirmishing one of the best in a long time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gizmodeon wrote: »

I was on a MAc for the last two weeks 9-5:eek: Bloody "options key" thingy. Messed up shortcuts, crazy overlay thingy...They had Final Cut Pro but I was using Flash Pro CS3, much more fun :P

You have trouble, this machine is dieng even though I got rid of norton 360. And the laptop...it just cant handle Pinnacle well at all.

Anti shake, I have that built into my Camcorder but TBH theres a limit to every antishake system. Just use a tripod:D

Sorry for my inexpertise in your "unusual" music:D

And now...

AMBRO, ou est Ambro? What happened to the MP5K basterdised M4 with 9.6? Where were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

That was a GREAT day of skirmishing one of the best in a long time:D

why yes it was....

• Advertisement

why yes it was....

particularly your little unsuccessful death charge in the last game.,:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

vtec wrote: »

Indeed they do tend to fail for you :p

Indeed they do tend to fail for you :p

actually i did one in my first game., and it worked., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

EDIT - expanding a little on the morning's run, to explain why I left about as soon as I got there. Not that anyone cares I know, but at least it'll give context ;):D
    AMBRO, ou est Ambro? What happened to the MP5K basterdised M4 with 9.6? Where were you?

Ambro firstly hurt his back putting all his stuff in his car boot at 09:30, because the wind slammed the car lid down on his back just as he was halfway into it :mad:
    Then Ambro hit 2 ATMs around his neck of the woods for some moolah, but no luck - both on the fritz. So up the M50 he went, thinking he'd drop by an ATM in Swords, no biggie.
    Then he ran into every grandma, tractor, artic and L-plated freshman on the way (M50/M1/exit) to Swords/HRTA.
    Arrived in Swords, and hit another 2 ATMs + tried cash back at petrol station. Still no luck, both ATMs on fritz again and petrol station doesn't do cashback.
    Plus, some tw@t though funny to jump into Ambro's car parking spot just as Ambro was manoeuvering to get into it (strange illogical things happen on petrol station forecourts :rolleyes:) Needless to say, the tw@t wasn't laughing much once Ambro had launched into him, because by then Ambro was seriously riled.
    Found the SPAR to do cashback, and off to HRTA Ambro continued.
    Again he ran into every grandma, tractor, artic and L-plated freshman on the way (anyone ever seen one of those 8-wheeled tipper trucks driving down the road/lane by the side of the yellow pub, nearly all the way to the final turn off to HRTA... eh, EH?!?)
    So Ambro, who had set off reasonably early for a half day at HRTA, with some very enticing weather to boot, arrived there late @10:45 or thereabouts...
    Then the heavens opened just as Ambro was parking up, and I mean opened like they hadn't opened in months.
    So Ambro though "Sod this for a game of soldiers, the way things are going, I'm only going to manage 1 game, be sodden wet ... and then catch pneumonia / lose a tooth / fritz my AEG or something for good measure".
    So Ambro went back home :(

Paul, you opening a place south of the river soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

It was a death charge, he died. I'd call that a success.

ambro25 wrote: »
    Ambro came for a half day, but arrived there late @10:45 or thereabouts... Then the heavens opened just as ambro was parking up, like they hadn't opened in months. So Ambro went back home :(

I got the pillbox in before the rain anyways. Got back to the car before it got too heavy.

Must say, we airsofters seem to hate the rain. Not great numbers there today.

Oh, and Ronan, did you wash your hand?:p

Spetzcong wrote: »
    It was a death charge, he died. I'd call that a success.

true, but not a lot of good if he didnt kill anyone.,:p lol

I got the pillbox in before the rain anyways. Got back to the car before it got too heavy.

Must say, we airsofters seem to hate the rain. Not great numbers there today.

Oh, and Ronan, did you wash your hand?:p

whats that box for actually? is it a shooting position or someone mentioned for cameras or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Anti shake, I have that built into my Camcorder but TBH theres a limit to every antishake system. Just use a tripod

A tripod in the mud?....

Anyways, great day skirmishing. Best time at a skirmish I have had in a long time, I don't know whether it was the small numbers or not.:D

BUS PIRATES!
    GEAAAAAAAAARGH!

and Dar next time there will no excuses to forget your eye patch and sword:rolleyes: (oh and sorry again about the lip shot :P lol )

Ambro you shouldn't have gone home! the sun was splitting the rocks! It rained for about half an hour, then we had sun all day. was brilliant weather all day untill 4.30 or so.

unsuccesful???? it worked a treat....did exactly what i wanted!!!! made me look like demented black man going on a "cap ur a**" kinda "yoyo my homeboy" style maneuver . so there...........

• Advertisement

unsuccesful???? it worked a treat....did exactly what i wanted!!!! made me look like demented black man going on a "cap ur a**" kinda "yoyo my homeboy" style maneuver . so there...........

HHAAAAHA., :D yep, you certainly achieved that!,.,lol

HHAAAAHA., :D yep, you certainly achieved that!,.,lol

do not underestimate what a man can do with a glock when the heat of battle bathes him,and the need for unloading is all that can relax the monster inside, prob not going to go tomorrow , in the good books-wanna keep it that way because when Goarse Hill starts full time i WILL be there all day ...EVERY day!!!! the monster inside and all that cr*p ........ :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Yeah, I saw that all from a safe distance - that was funny! Thanks to all for a great afternoon's Airsofting - great to meet the faces behind the handles at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Great day out yesterday.

Had fun in the hedge up hawks base. Got stuck about 8 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Yeah great day today!
    Thanks all

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Yeah great day today!
    Thanks all

Did anyone use my pillbox/killbox?

Did anyone use my pillbox/killbox?

no, its needs to be positioned somewhere else id say, its too far out for the "attack the ghost base" game and too close for the 50/50, capture flag, bomb etc games., it would be deadly if it was in the middle right over at the lane looking towards the cabin though.,

whats that box for actually? is it a shooting position or someone mentioned for cameras or something?

Its for FSGs but now you come to think about it, rainy days and filming...bring a stool.....that sounds pretty sweet.

Gizmo, even in the mud it'll beet ronans hand. Or go for hman tripod: hunker down, left knee on ground, right one up, place right elbow on right knee and use left arm for rude gestures/settings ect.

no, its needs to be positioned somewhere else id say, its too far out for the "attack the ghost base" game and too close for the 50/50, capture flag, bomb etc games., it would be deadly if it was in the middle right over at the lane looking towards the cabin though.,

If paul says ok your welcom to move it....but you'll need at least 4 big lads, its heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I was just wondering whether there will be any IAA reps at HRTA on Saturday to take money from me. I gots ta pay my membership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement