Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

nonex wrote:
    i was thinking of a scenario for the weekend,but the teams would need hand held gps,

How much land have you got??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Nonex, I have access to a Handheld Garmin GPS but it costs around twice as much an AEG. I'll see if I can get up next weekend and if my dad will let me use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Rew wrote:
    How much land have you got??!!

It's a 15 acre site if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

nothing else in your armoury to use?

well, im only going to be able to go once for the next month or so, So im thinking i might as well wait a week till i get the stuff and a lift ;) , Its the field game im realy looking forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam_Fisher_jk

Or just find someone with a really good sense of direction.
    Enter me...

• Advertisement

It's a 15 acre site if I remember right.

Thats not so much that you need a GPS though. Big theme/scenario games sound like good craic though. I read about the night one there running up north and it sounds like a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

yeh but its tricky becuase some of the land you cant use and Nonex is trying to make it as realistic as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 brokenarrow

you do know that there is a proper military spec gps out there and that the ones for cars are very fragile. trust me i work for a company that sell them. any little knock or tap can make them fubar:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yup, but military spec == $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I am hoping to get to HRTA this weekend but won't know till late Friday

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement

Me too. Im definately going Saturday. bringing my new m4, usp and g-spec with scope so hopefully the weather will be good for an outdoor game. might try bring a friend too to boost numbers.

fingers crossed the parts for my mp5 arrive in time, they're on the way from HK as we speak...

ill still be going though, just renting if they dont arrive

If turn up around 2 or 3 on Saturday (im stuck playing with real guns till about then) would it be possible to have a look at the setup and airsoft guns? Ill happily pay the walk on etc if there is gear available when I get there.

Weather is to be fantastic all weekend BTW.

shouldnt be a problem id imagine, you can come and play for the afternoon and i _think_ there is a half-day price aswell

even if you wanted to come down and look around, most people are happy enough to talk to someone who has an interest etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Will proably be there,well hopefully:)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Yup, I'll be there. Need to try out the new M4.

Anyone know how to fix a hi-cap mag by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

chalky wrote:

Anyone know how to fix a hi-cap mag by the way?

Depends what's wrong with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Hello All,

I think I will be heading out on Saturday. Im a long time lurker here and have finally gotten an AEG so I reckon its time to break my cherry!
    So if you see some newbie getting shot left right and centre its probably me...

Jelly 292 wrote:
    Hello All,

I think I will be heading out on Saturday. Im a long time lurker here and have finally gotten an AEG so I reckon its time to break my cherry!

Since it's CQB, you can expect to get shot from a lot more directions that that....just like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Jelly 292 wrote:
    Hello All,

Just find someone big on your team to use as cover :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I won't be there this Saturday, but probably next weekend, so hopefully I'll see ya at some stage, Jelly!
    Fiach Dubh wrote:

Someone big or someone crazy :D Where's Paddy when you need him......

DaveMcG wrote:
    I won't be there this Saturday, but probably next weekend, so hopefully I'll see ya at some stage, Jelly!

Someone big or someone crazy :D Where's Paddy when you need him......

He hasn't managed to get out of that straightjacket yet. Just give him another week or two.

So, are we doing the usual and meeting up at the spire, or shall we all just make our own way out to HRTA?

Say, 8:30am at the spire?...and grab the 9am bus?

Fiach Dubh wrote:
    Damnit!! eh, that doesn't mean me!

Mag isn't winding properly. Too lazy to explain the details here.

everyone hides behind you chalky. not so much the biggest aeg anymore now you got that m4 instead of the m14

instead? I'll be using them both, Rambo Style!!!!

Is there many talking about Sunday. Cannot make Saturday. Need to try out the Sig and Glock 18C

as far as i know, sunday tends to be quiet, and given that it's easter sunday, alot of people will likely be spending the day at home i'd say...

ill probably be there next saturday again though, ordered some stuff last weekend and hoped it would be here for this week, but hasnt arrived so ill probably be out testing it again next week, i think scope and someone else mentioned they would be there next saturday too..

Cannot make saturdays due to work :(

• Advertisement

ill be along a bit late tomorrow, probably not until about 11.30/12

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement