Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

limo has 16 bang kills, pretty good day today ,
    shoulder held up and so did oul faithful dboys m4,

mental note for next buy a wet suit or waders

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Dar wrote: »
    Pain in the ***. Ah well I suppose the fact that you probably got the largest number of simultaneous bang kills EVER (15+) at HRTA must be some consolation :).

yes quite the pain in the A$$ but what can be done,at an educated guess i do think it was more like 18ish,was quite funny as i stopped at Ronan(marshal) and said very loudly "watch this for a flanking maneuver" and noone turned around,i had to fire into the ground while shouting BANG before anyone took me seriously?!!!!!! oh how they fell.........shame noone had a cam!!!! but i cant take all the credit i was working with neil (cheeky monkey) he was my spotter told me when the coast was clear(great ghille suit by the way) he actually shot a guy , who then turned around and shot his teammate thinking it was him messin..........muhahahaha never,no NEVER underestimate a "contractor" and a "hawk" working together,with his hawk eyes and our minime......your history :cool: :pac: :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Was "The General" our for his constitutional today?

Gatling wrote: »
    limo has 16 bang kills, pretty good day today ,
    shoulder held up and so did oul faithful dboys m4,

mental note for next buy a wet suit or waders
    Gawd. Fancy that. I do believe that 15+ (anything) = 16......I could be wrong though, maths never being my strong point and all... But still it's better than I ever did anyway.:D;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

my fault didnt use that loctite stuff on screw that holds on piston head , no worries only damage done is to gears,just get new one.....systema turbo,well what can i say,follow theses simple steps,ebay,click,paypal,pay,install,annihilate.....the ROF what amazing dont know exactly,around the same as a m249 30 rps maybe?!!

A CA M249 does around 20rps lol.

By the way - Deepfire are making titanium coated gears now, so not sure what they're like yet, but if they are like their piston then great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Beast ASI wrote: »
    A CA M249 does around 20rps lol.

By the way - Deepfire are making titanium coated gears now, so not sure what they're like yet, but if they are like their piston then great.

ah ok,lol then its ROF is more than a CA M249,systema turbo is a 30-35 rps motor,and with high speed gears(which i must order) i could be in for a very expensive BB bill...........any links for said gears?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Just wanna give a big thanks to Skatedude for the lift! Much appreciated! And thanks to everyone that played. Great day yesterday. The site is coming on well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

ah ok,lol then its ROF is more than a CA M249,systema turbo is a 30-35 rps motor,and with high speed gears(which i must order) i could be in for a very expensive BB bill...........any links for said gears?

You're obviously having difficulty with this stuff, and it's costing you loads, man. Couldn't you shell out for, say, a really good water pistol? Cheap, few moving parts, plentiful ammo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭little buda

can someone help?? so many silly Q's

someone said nonex runs hrta.
    how far ahead do i need to book??

got 17 hopefuls from work but there all noobies to airsoft:rolleyes:
    so all 17 need rentails?? aegs masks ammo the lot? possible r not?
    aming for the 19th april.

also what time is 1/2 days? is 12-3 pm an opp?
    were mostly bar staff so time off on sat is killer!!
    also looking 4 cheapo bus hire:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Could be done but get on to him today. There isn't a huge number of rentals as raf as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yup, Nonex (Paul) is the site owner. Contact him in advance to book the rental guns. Also, with 17 people, he may be able to open on a weekday for you.

Phone: 086-8800842
    Email: info@hrta.ie
    www.hrta.ie

Ballybougal
    Swords,
    Co Dublin,
    Ireland.

How to find HRTA (+ driving directions/pics in the newbie thread)
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=airsoft&near=ireland&ie=UTF8&ll=53.644638,-8.239746&spn=3.979569,11.975098&z=7&iwloc=A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

would anybody be able to provide a lift to balbriggan tomorro after the games?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

so whos going tomorrow? cant wait to shoot ya'll., ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have to do a floor ffs, I want to rpk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Looking like my next free weekend is the 26th (good ol' work taking up 9-5 sat and sun).

I should be heading along that saturday, would be interested in talking to folks about what's the right aeg to get (got a Sig p226 already just for targets). I'll ring that week for a rental I guess.

I assume it's just good to turn up sometime in the morning, what's the parking situation like? I'd be able to give folks a lift from the north kildare type area (special bonus points if you know the way to hrta :-)))

Stings to have to work the next 2 weeks, looking forward to heading out :-)

yeah you can just turn up on the day if you have your own AEG, you need to book rentals in advance though, arrive at about 10:30ish in the morning and again ya get ready the first games would usually be about 11. as for getting an AEG, maybe come along as a rental sometime and then you can get a feel of other peoples AEGs to get an idea of what you like,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Actually, that weekend is when the gathering is on. Rage. Are there likely to be as many folks around, or will the entire hrta crowd be in Galway that weekend? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,110 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Actually, that weekend is when the gathering is on. Rage. Are there likely to be as many folks around, or will the entire hrta crowd be in Galway that weekend? :-)

should be a few lads around that weekend, dunno if nonex is attending the

gathering, it hinges on him tbh

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

if nonex isn't there himself the site will still be open and run by Mel more than likely.

I'd say there would still be people there that weekend

just have a quick question about the gaming rules we play in HRTA,
    it accured to me when we were playing a game where we had a medic rather than re-gens. people tend to play it as "dead men dont talk" when you get shot in a medic game, i think it makes a lot more sense to be able to talk to your team mates since your effectively only injured and waiting for assistance. i think it would be better to play it so you can communicate with the others and it could help avoid that situation where you get someone that needs a medic in the open and nobody can go out to them coz you have no idea where they were hit from so they stay there for most og the game,.,

what ya'll think about being allowed to communicate when your looking for a medic?

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    it accured to me when we were playing a game where we had a medic rather than re-gens. people tend to play it as "dead men dont talk" when you get shot in a medic game, i think it makes a lot more sense to be able to talk to your team mates since your effectively only injured and waiting for assistance. i think it would be better to play it so you can communicate with the others and it could help avoid that situation where you get someone that needs a medic in the open and nobody can go out to them coz you have no idea where they were hit from so they stay there for most og the game,.,

what ya'll think about being allowed to communicate when your looking for a medic?

Well you can shout MEDIC at least.

yeah but question is should you be able to warn fellow team mates? i think you should under medic games but not in respawn games. its really annoying when someone points ya out in the respawn games.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

That's something I was curious about, since I haven't played a 'medic' rules game yet. I can see it unbalancing the game a bit to have geezers broadcasting positions... Maybe they can talk in close proximity? At least make team-mates work for it a bit, I'd say.

By the way lads, I have two and a half scenario ideas (not very original ideas I'll admit) to try out at HRTA. What's the accepted etiquette for getting them on the playing field? List them out here first, submit them to Paul first or bring them and hope someone wants to give them a spin?

just bring it up on the day and we can organise it i suppose, if its a complicated one then its probably best to get the idea on here first for people to familiarise themselves with it., :)

yeah but question is should you be able to warn fellow team mates? i think you should under medic games but not in respawn games. its really annoying when someone points ya out in the respawn games.,

TBH a soldier with a 7.62 high velocity round having passed through his leg is only gonna be comunicating one thing. His Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

TBH a soldier with a 7.62 high velocity round having passed through his leg is only gonna be comunicating one thing. His Pain.

And communicating his insides, on you....
    But i think you can build on that though. You would need very honest players and complicated rules, but if you could get these you could do something along the lines of when you get hit certain areas cause different damage, and when you get shot you have to fall down and then to be attended to you need to be dragged away from fire(no i havn't been playing too much army of two) and you have bleed times and alike. I doubt this will ever come about but still it would make things realistic(er) and interesting.

thats a completly different game though, thats milsim and it takes a lot of honest decent players who know how to play stragitically.,

Well, if you were shot in real life, your communication is fairly limited. Mostly it's:
    "OH MY FREAKIN GOD THIS HURTS!!!!! Or somesuch.

Great for alerting a medic, but pants as far as the tactical situation is concerned....

that might be true, but point is you can still talk.,lol, and if im to believe what ive heard you dont feel very much when ya get shot, it takes time to sink in.,;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

If someone talks it said to me they arent dead so they get shot again :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement