Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nice tactic though .almost fell for it,wait till next week:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

:eek::eek::eek:

Gat, just think of the extra "fun" you could have had if you had stuck your head up like I asked ya:p

:D:D:D

:pac::D:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Hey, I'm heading up to hrta this weekend (probably the saturday afternoon).

emailed the info@ address and apparently there are no rentals left :-(

Is it still worth heading along just to chat to folks? I'll be looking for advice on what kind of AEG is right for me, and basically to chat with folks, just getting into it myself.

I can also offer a lift to anyone from the north kildare/naas/newbridge/clane are there and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

they usually kick off around 11 so i think your running late :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Hey, I'm heading up to hrta this weekend (probably the saturday afternoon).

emailed the info@ address and apparently there are no rentals left :-(

Is it still worth heading along just to chat to folks? I'll be looking for advice on what kind of AEG is right for me, and basically to chat with folks, just getting into it myself.

I can also offer a lift to anyone from the north kildare/naas/newbridge/clane are there and back.

Definitely worthwhile to have a look, and the gang are friendly and informative - don't be intimidated by appearances! Good to see it in progress before you buy into it. Also, check out the post with photo directions unless you have a GPS; finding it was tricky for me :(

The downside is that if you're going to take a look, you probably already know you'll like it, and want in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

was hoping to maybe get my first skirmish in before i fly out for the summer

im off 17th and 18th of may, saturday and sunday, i fly out on the monday 19th

but defo wna go out and have a goosey gander.

ill have a main aeg, sidearm and pistol

unfortunatly wouldnt have slings,vest, extra ammo mags etc

ill likely have a highcap and midcap for my g36c and same for my mp5k

if anyone has a spare vest or slings i could borrow would be gr8
    although ill post closer to time to see if games are oing ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Still no recent pics of the site? Anyone?

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Man, we got to get up there and say hello..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

...eerrr..hello (insert echoes) ??? Is there anyone here or is everyone heading to Galway? since I cant make it to The Gathering im gonna head to HRTA, just wondering is there many going? If anyone needs a lift from Santry/Whitehall area then giz a shout in the next half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'm heading up, just woke up and have to pick up my new rifle bag from town, so it may be midday or so by the time I get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭R123R

hi lads have a question what happens when you arrive do they organise teams or what i have never been and am thinking of going are they only open sat and sun?and can any age go or what?thanls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

R123R wrote: »
    Hi lads, I have a number of questions. What happens when you arrive? Do they organise teams, or... what? I have never been and am thinking of going. Are they only open Sat and Sun? Can any age go, or... what?
    Thanks.

When you arrive at HRTA, you're advised to go straight to the office to sign in and pay before doing anything else. The office is the blue portacabin at the centre of the safezone, you'll be able to pick it out fairly easily by the number of people walking in and out of it.
    Once done, depending on the time you've arrived, there's usually a bit of time to get you equipment ready and have a chat with the other skirmishers, zero your sights on the range etc. If it's your first time there, or you have a new gun, this would be the time to declare it to whoever is in the office and have it chronoed. All new guns to the site and anything that has been upgraded must be chronoed before being allowed into the playing area.
    When everyone is ready (no set time exactly in the mornings but usually around 11am. If you have arrived in the afternoon, you'll have to wait until either after lunch (1:45pm) or until the next game starts), the game type and scenario will be decided. Depending on the game and/or scenario, teams will be divided up to suit. These are not necessarily the teams you will be on for the rest of the day as teams are changed depending on the game, to balance new players coming in or just to mix the groups a little more (airsoft is a very sociable scene, teams are sometimes re-mixed to give new players a better chance to meet everyone and see different fighting styles).

Currently HRTA is only opened on Saturdays and Sundays. A mid-week fixture is currently being looked into.

The age limit is, as far as I can recall, 14. Though I stand to be corrected on that and I'm of the understanding that a guardian must be present for anyone under 16. I'd recommend full-face protection to anyone under 18 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭R123R

NakedDex wrote: »
    When you arrive at HRTA, you're advised to go straight to the office to sign in and pay before doing anything else. The office is the blue portacabin at the centre of the safezone, you'll be able to pick it out fairly easily by the number of people walking in and out of it.
    Once done, depending on the time you've arrived, there's usually a bit of time to get you equipment ready and have a chat with the other skirmishers, zero your sights on the range etc. If it's your first time there, or you have a new gun, this would be the time to declare it to whoever is in the office and have it chronoed. All new guns to the site and anything that has been upgraded must be chronoed before being allowed into the playing area.
    When everyone is ready (no set time exactly in the mornings but usually around 11am. If you have arrived in the afternoon, you'll have to wait until either after lunch (1:45pm) or until the next game starts), the game type and scenario will be decided. Depending on the game and/or scenario, teams will be divided up to suit. These are not necessarily the teams you will be on for the rest of the day as teams are changed depending on the game, to balance new players coming in or just to mix the groups a little more (airsoft is a very sociable scene, teams are sometimes re-mixed to give new players a better chance to meet everyone and see different fighting styles).

Currently HRTA is only opened on Saturdays and Sundays. A mid-week fixture is currently being looked into.

The age limit is, as far as I can recall, 14. Though I stand to be corrected on that and I'm of the understanding that a guardian must be present for anyone under 16. I'd recommend full-face protection to anyone under 18 also.

thanks for the help mite see you there some time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

R123R wrote: »
    thanks for the help mite see you there some time:)

You might even get to shoot him if you're good enough :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Addin

went up to yous a couple of weeks ago, was my first time playin the game and i fell in love wit it after that, but it was very strict, lots of people shouting at you to do stuff, constantly having the marshals ordering you around and jeering you to their mates. the attitude that some of the regulars had towards newbies was terrible, at one point i heard someboady say "ah here come some more bloody newbies, let the other team have them there usless" it gave me the feeling that i wasnt welcome and after that experience i have to say that i wont be up again ill be airsofting somewhere else............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Addin wrote: »
    went up to yous a couple of weeks ago, was my first time playin the game and i fell in love wit it after that, but it was very strict, lots of people shouting at you to do stuff, constantly having the marshals ordering you around and jeering you to their mates. the attitude that some of the regulars had towards newbies was terrible, at one point i heard someboady say "ah here come some more bloody newbies, let the other team have them there usless" it gave me the feeling that i wasnt welcome and after that experience i have to say that i wont be up again ill be airsofting somewhere else............

Addin, have to say that I am bloody surprised at that myself. Only started Airsofting recently myself and HRTA was the first place I went to. Okay, it was strict, but that's for both your safety and the safety of others....too many people take off eyewear in game zone's, shooting blind, and full auto when too bloody close. As for the attitude, a lot of what is said is jokingly. I have yet to come across anybody purposefully being rude and telling somebody else to go on to another team because they are a Newbie. Newbie or not, we all get hit at some time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Sorry to hear it man, I'm not what we could call a regular up there yet, but one of things that got me into it was that everyone there was friendly and helpful... I can imagine that if I had been badly treated then I wouldn't be calling myself an Airsofter now, so you have my sympathies! Try and come again, maybe you got a bad bunch or on a bad day?

And to all the regulars, maybe be careful of the impression you make on newcomers, we're not all as thick-skinned, loud and egotistical as me... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Just flip the bird ;)

Also i hope to go this saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I'm surprised by this. As many people know I marhsall regularly at HRTA and there are always plenty of new people. With this in mind I do what I can to split them up so that there is an equal number on each team. While there is a bit of banter it is usually friendly ribbing and I have never heard of anyone being told to leave to go to another team because they are new - rearranging teams to make sure that there is a good mix of new and old yes, but never segregation like that.

As for giving orders, to be quite honest, most people could do with a bit more discipline where marhsals are concerned. They are there for a reason - to organise the games and protect you from yourselves. Marshals rarely bark at someone unless there is a good reason (admitedly I have done it myself once or twice) - telling players to go somewhere in the field or to muster up or to listen or to hurry up is all part of keeping the game moving.

If you were made to feel that way mate I am sorry and if it was myself or another marshal that rubbed you the wrong way I apologise on my behalf or theirs - but you have to understand that at HRTA there are regularly 30-40 people and often only one or two marshals. That is a lot to control and it can't all be watched at once - being strict is the only way for them to maintain control.

Finally, if someone on a team is saying "we dont want newbies" then they should book a private day with their team and STFU. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

That's very shocking and not something I've ever seen at HRTA. If I had witnessed such abuse (yes, abuse), I would have spoken to the owner Paul, and had the issue dealt with there and then.

New players already feel pressured because they are inexperienced and don't know many/any other players. The last thing they need is to be treated in that way. I'd personally go out of my way to help new players and familiarise them with the rules, terrain and viable tactics for the site. I would hope...I would expect other players to do the same. We were all 'newbies' once.

Sometimes you will see players mocking each other. It is done in jest and is acceptable because the players involved know each other fairly well. And yelling by marshals sometimes is neccessary, especially when a large group persistantly breaks rules or doesn't head directions/warnings. Unfortunately, far too many players do not read or understand the rules. They don't even bother listening to briefings. It can be frustrating trying to marshal games with such players and a good troll stomping (TM by Hivemind187) is needed.

I can assure you Addin, that you are most welcome at HRTA and other skirmish sites. New players are very very important to the sites and to airsoft in general. Each new player is a step towards protecting the sport and making it more socially acceptable.

Please don't allow one bad incident to make you shy away from returning to HRTA. I for one, look forward to seeing you again at HRTA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Addin

wow! i have to say lads i didnt expect such a positive response, ive restricted myself to playin in drogeda since that day because the experience kinda turned me off the site. by the looks of it i guess i was jst picked a bad day and or was put on a team wit sum A holes tink i mite head up there again sum time and let ya shoot at me:D jst dnt expect me not to shoot back:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Its a long weekend, so is the main gaming saturday or sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Hi Addin,
    Sorry to hear you had a bad day with us and i would like to get to the botton
    of this, so if you could send me an email with your name and the date i can check this and deal with it , and please send me the email as i have had people complain about hrta on boards and have not come up to me on the day it happened so i could sort it out, as it is harder to do at a later date.

Ps and if you would like, i can you a free day for the bad experience day you had.

Regards,
    paul.
    Hrta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Paul, any word on whether you'll be opening on the Wednesday or Thursday evening ?

I need to come out of retirement...

Motosam wrote: »
    Its a long weekend, so is the main gaming saturday or sunday?

we are open friday, saturday, sunday, and monday this weekend:D

Shiva wrote: »
    Paul, any word on whether you'll be opening on the Wednesday or Thursday evening ?

I need to come out of retirement...

i was going to open next wednesday from 7.00 to 10.00
    Iaa members €5, Teams €5, non members €10,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

nonex wrote: »

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice, I'll talk to the others in the morning.

We qualify as a team right even though the camo is STILL on its way.

Nice, I'll talk to the others in the morning.

We qualify as a team right even though the camo is STILL on its way.

a good point lethal, if any one is a member of a team or the iaa can you show me some sort of membership card,
    thanks,
    paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

a good point lethal, if any one is a member of a team or the iaa can you show me some sort of membership card,
    thanks,
    paul.

Ehh, dont have a membership card for the IAA and the team has no ID yet...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement