Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Weather is supposed to be very good tomorrow so things are looking good. :)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I was supposed to be heading out today but given I slept until 1:30 and I still have a bit of a head on me after last night I reckon I'll try to get out tomorrow instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Addin

nonex wrote: »
    Hi Addin,
    Sorry to hear you had a bad day with us and i would like to get to the botton
    of this, so if you could send me an email with your name and the date i can check this and deal with it , and please send me the email as i have had people complain about hrta on boards and have not come up to me on the day it happened so i could sort it out, as it is harder to do at a later date.

Ps and if you would like, i can you a free day for the bad experience day you had.

Regards,
    paul.
    Hrta.

Hi Guys
    When I started this thread I was feeling brusied. I had visited HRTA as a newby and frankly was not impressed at the reception I recieved from other players. The posts I've read over the last few days has put things into context for me. Ok, things went as I described but probably I made assumptions about airsoft and airsofters based on the very small amount of airsofters I met out of all engaged in the sport. You guys have helped put that right. Paul - thanks for the offer but I'm not going to take you up on it. You didn't do anything wrong. I'll be back to HRTA before the end of June with a fresh view and leaving all the negative impressions behind. I had one negative experience and now one hugely positive one. Thank you for your very positive posts. The average players really are the best ambassadors this sport could have.

Hope to shoot you all soon. (I mean that in the nicest possible way)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im sure it was appreciated that you posted here making the owner aware f the situation.

i personally am a shy individual in person, and probably would need some coaxing when i first arive..

but if someone calls me a noobie ill go mad :P may be new, but im not a noobie, that term is reserved for complete and downright tools who are hopeless

i have to say i feel assured that nonex(paul) has a fond interest in everyones experience and i really cannot wait to get out to you guys, im gutted i said id work 2moro and cant get someone to swop my shift for wednesday, guess ill have to wait for that faithful saturday before i leave

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

im sure it was appreciated that you posted here making the owner aware f the situation.

i personally am a shy individual in person, and probably would need some coaxing when i first arive..

but if someone calls me a noobie ill go mad :P may be new, but im not a noobie, that term is reserved for complete and downright tools who are hopeless

i have to say i feel assured that nonex(paul) has a fond interest in everyones experience and i really cannot wait to get out to you guys, im gutted i said id work 2moro and cant get someone to swop my shift for wednesday, guess ill have to wait for that faithful saturday before i leave

Newbie = Someone new. Not meant as an insult.
    Noob/Noobie = Someone not new, but acts like they are. Meant as an insult.

I'm borderline on the 2nd sometimes....:D

• Advertisement

Yeah I do call new players newbies on occasion, for example, if I'm discussing what the distribution of new players onto teams before a skirmish so there are an even number on each, I'd refer to them as newbies just out of habit. I'd mean nothing slighting by it, it's just the term I associate with players on their first, or one of their first, skirmishes.

The word (and I use that term loosely in this case) "n00b" isn't even something I'd type, let alone use in everyday language. I rather despise the leet language, so be assured if you hear me say "newb" I do not mean it in the derogatory way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Just a few posts ago I used the term "noob":eek:

Jeeesssuussssss H:rolleyes:

These guys are going out for their first and second times and are totally NEW to the sport. If I spell it Newbie, noobie, noob, newbooe, nubee - it all meant the feckin same - THEY ARE NEW.

Please dont try read some deeper darker patronising undercover meaning to the term...

There's nothing implied or ment - except that they are NEW.:D

I'm sure that some of you guys who spend years on forums can read "special" meanings depending on how many caps, italics, smilies I use... :confused:

but as someone who is too old and uninterested to care - please dont read too much into it...:p

Anyway, bring on the neobiws - I'm one myself ffs!:rolleyes:

The implication of the word can generally be ascertained in the tone of the message or voice. If someone is using the term "newbie" in a casual or fleeting way, it's unlikely they mean anything by it other than a term to describe new players.

For safety (because I hate thinking I've insulted anyone, even by accident), I'm just going to refer to new players as rookies, since that's what we called new, inexperienced players in yank-ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Rookies - good idea Dex.

from now on (on boards.ie) "Rookie" or "Greenhorn"
    :D

So is anyone heading out tomorrow? It looks like I'll actually be able to make it but there's no point in me turning up and being the only one there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Turns out work wants me in after all :-( Gotta wait yet another week for my first skirmish. Fate conspires against me once again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

I know I'm going, as is DefenderDude and he is bringing 2/3 others I think.

Well thats 5/6. It's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'll see about making the morning I've got grinds from 3-4 so its unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I'm in for half a day. Reckon the early half. Got some stuff to try out and people to shoot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I'll try to get down for the early game, not sure if i can stay all day though.,

Soo,

Whos playing tomorrow? 7pm -10pm game is the times i think,.,
    Add your name if ya coming.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

any lifts going from the southside or city centre for tonights skirmish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Gatling wrote: »
    any lifts going from the southside or city centre for tonights skirmish

I am coming up from Newbridge if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Have to say one of the better days I've had a nice no bull**** games where everyone takes their hits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Have to say one of the better days I've had a nice no bull**** games where everyone takes their hits

Yep, have to say I enjoyed myself tonight. Definitely be making an appearance again soon. Cheers, Nonex - great to have the evening games back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

I really enjoyed last nights game it was one of the better games I have played since taking up the sport. All hits taken and a nice number there also for the first evening event.... Have to say its the first time I have been at HRTA since the birthday bash, Congrats Paul the site looks really well and I believe the kill houses are to expand.

Jay

+1 what he said:D, good games last night, really enjoyed them, even the blue on blue with Shiva.......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

sci-ops wrote: »
    +1 what he said:D, good games last night, really enjoyed them, even the blue on blue with Shiva.......:eek:

That was entirely your fault. You deliberately lurked in the shadows and tried to look like Cheeky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Good games last nite.

Lesson learned = Grid mask and low light dont mix. Buy different eyewear.

Shiva wrote: »
    That was entirely your fault. You deliberately lurked in the shadows and tried to look like Cheeky :D

It's okay Tony, I forgive you, that 50% discount you promised me on my next purchased has helped to heal the wounds;)

HAHA., blue on blue., :p
    great game though, you should see the marks all over my arms though,
    note to self: dont hide in bramble bush while wearing a T shirt.,:D
    I dont think i can make saturday but hopfully wednesday is on the cards for next week too., :)

some of the lads taking part in yesterdays games.,:)

2477034462_49bd84569a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

heads up ppl with the summer back and the sun out, yes belive it or not, it would be a good idea to bring sunblock, notting as bad as sunburn, and water,
    we do have tap water on site just bring a cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

any lifts going for the morning from southside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement