Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

no pics of the kill house yet? was the huey just a rumore?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Will be up tomorrow with a few others. See you all there. :)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im sorry i just had to post a little lol here, although im going to work and would rather be anywhere else, looknig at the weather outside, which is no doubt happening in hrta

hope you packed ponchos and snorkles :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

latest_radar.gif

With no rain gear i ain't going anywhere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

amen to that.,lol the whole bleedin country is sunny except for HRTA,.,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Ha ha.....not a drop all day at HRTA. It rained this morning, but it stopped just after I set off for HRTA.

Ya missed a great day.

It was good to see 15 new players

I loved that 'deer in headlights' look when I flanked a few of them and took them out in an area that they thought was safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

Forgot to mention it earlier, but the site is really coming along well. Hardly any pallets being used and lots of extra buildings and containers/cabins. Even the safe zone has more cabins.

I still think we should have chairs or a bench every 50 feet and a bed in each cabin/container....some of us really need them after 3-4 hours! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

Is the site open tomorrow evening? If so who is heading up?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

myself and andy shall be there and possiblely 3 new team members. any lifts going from southside/city centre

• Advertisement

ill be there tonight hopefully, will be home at 6:30, live in glen ellen which is close enough id guess so should be there sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'll be there just did my art practical so time for some stress releaf

well what can i say

was my first skirmisgh up in hrta and i was really excited. google map put me way off have to say, i go through ballyboughal alot to play golf, and it took me some time to find the place.

Got there and most peeps where there messing around with kit etc. paul set me up with forms etc tested my gun ( all grand, as Tony pried over pauls shoulder ) hehe, everything was smooth and dandy.

We eventually decided to move on down to the site to kick it off after a bit of chatter etc. Now i come from a long background of paintball, where its large numbers and really well built arenas/sites. So my first impressions werent negitive, tbh i didnt know what to expect. it was 5 on 5 then went 6 v 6 and finished 6 v 3.

And i have to say i was fully impressed with the site, although initially thought " hmm kinda small" you realise theres plenty of purpose for everything and it can be very open, espeically with the small numbers.

Have to say i thoroughly enjoyed the night fully, wasnt one bad point.

The sites playability and efficeny was great, all initial worries was gone in the first few minutes.

Everyone played in great spirits with everyone taking hits, no overkill and it was just a great show of sportsmanship.

But most importantly and why i came away chuffed was the reception and friendlyness i received from paul and the boys there tonight. I'm not really an outgoing guy i can be a bit shy and dwindle to the back, but everyone was friendly and i didnt feel any unease at all..could even afford a little giggle at richie over his scar :P

Big thanks to Aidean - (DefenderDude) who helped me out alot starting off and im very apprecitive. Also to the rest of the team.

Thanks to tony and richie for my gear which i am chuffed with, it was really succesful on its first field test and i didnt feel outgunned. ( Tony can tell yall after i made him stroll to the dead zone after a nice g36c kill :P)

So many thanks to the guys there tonight who made me feel really welcome as i was nervous going up on my own but i had a great laugh and a great time ( still chuckling over vtec's dart about 40 yards to bang kill some guy rolling in the grass)

And thanks to gatling i believe it was, who made me feel like a spa after lobbing a grenade beside me, to have me curl into ball, to find out after, the thing doesnt even shoot bbs from it.

all in all id a great time and ill be shooting back saturday for the long days game.

only bad point from tonight.....im flying away for four months monday..with no airsoft...for four months :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

LOL., glad to hear ya had a great time man and that ya didnt feel like a round peg in a square hole., even if ya had a laugh ay my scar ya bastid.,:p

i love these weekday games really, theres a great relaxed atmosphere about them and everyone plays with honor.,
    the guy rolling in the grass was andy, who i bang killed a total of 3 times today.,:D sorry andy, but was quite funny.,:p

roll on the next one.,:)

wait till the APC with the saw go's out richie, there be no more 40 meter dashing to bang kill anyone:D

any lifts available for the morning ,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

well what can i say

was my first skirmisgh up in hrta and i was really excited. google map put me way off have to say, i go through ballyboughal alot to play golf, and it took me some time to find the place.

Got there and most peeps where there messing around with kit etc. paul set me up with forms etc tested my gun ( all grand, as Tony pried over pauls shoulder ) hehe, everything was smooth and dandy.

We eventually decided to move on down to the site to kick it off after a bit of chatter etc. Now i come from a long background of paintball, where its large numbers and really well built arenas/sites. So my first impressions werent negitive, tbh i didnt know what to expect. it was 5 on 5 then went 6 v 6 and finished 6 v 3.

And i have to say i was fully impressed with the site, although initially thought " hmm kinda small" you realise theres plenty of purpose for everything and it can be very open, espeically with the small numbers.

Have to say i thoroughly enjoyed the night fully, wasnt one bad point.

The sites playability and efficeny was great, all initial worries was gone in the first few minutes.

Everyone played in great spirits with everyone taking hits, no overkill and it was just a great show of sportsmanship.

But most importantly and why i came away chuffed was the reception and friendlyness i received from paul and the boys there tonight. I'm not really an outgoing guy i can be a bit shy and dwindle to the back, but everyone was friendly and i didnt feel any unease at all..could even afford a little giggle at richie over his scar :P

Big thanks to Aidean - (DefenderDude) who helped me out alot starting off and im very apprecitive. Also to the rest of the team.

Thanks to tony and richie for my gear which i am chuffed with, it was really succesful on its first field test and i didnt feel outgunned. ( Tony can tell yall after i made him stroll to the dead zone after a nice g36c kill :P)

So many thanks to the guys there tonight who made me feel really welcome as i was nervous going up on my own but i had a great laugh and a great time ( still chuckling over vtec's dart about 40 yards to bang kill some guy rolling in the grass)

And thanks to gatling i believe it was, who made me feel like a spa after lobbing a grenade beside me, to have me curl into ball, to find out after, the thing doesnt even shoot bbs from it.

all in all id a great time and ill be shooting back saturday for the long days game.

only bad point from tonight.....im flying away for four months monday..with no airsoft...for four months :(

Good to hear ya had a good time, I'll be haeding up on my own on Sunday so hopefully I have the same experience!!

ill be heading down again tomorrow

found a nifty little patch on my SAAV that fits my 1911 snuggly and securely and allows a quick draw, i tried making a homemade sling so i could try some matrix ****e, but it didnt really work out

ill let you all away with it for now

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeyf

can anyone tell me were the nearest skermish site is to swords dublin i think it is in ballyboughal but how do i get there

www.hrta.ie has maps and directions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeyf

i still cant find the maps to the skirmish sites the nearest to swords

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

joeyf wrote: »

hrta is about 20-30 minutes from swords...

joeyf wrote: »

Mods, can you please update the Newbie thread post with this replacement pic (the original pic is no longer available)

106le86.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Are there many people going on Sunday? I am hoping to get there myself for a bit of fun.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Are there many people going on Sunday? I am hoping to get there myself for a bit of fun.

i have 10 booked for the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

I might come over. Probably around noonish though.

had another great day yesterday have to say was great fun.

if i keep this up ill be fit as a fiddle in time :)

those suicide runs into the bottleneck when i was on attack on rolling assault was just lovely :P

had a fun day, thanks to Steve (forget his bloody boards name) for letting me hang around, sound bloke, has a gorgous m4 :D

but yes was another day i thoroughly enjoyed

hope you all have a great summer of skirmishing, ill keep in touch from abroad, might even attend one or two skirmishes

AEGs over there have the same 1j rule like here so hopefully will pick up a few bargains to send home

there semi automatics can be up to 3j i think, so will have to get them downgraded.

But anyways, thanks again for a great day, doc out :)

Edit:

owe tbh im going away for summer, so i dont care, said i wouldnt say but it was too hilarious

ol Stevie boy had his BB's in water bottles....was filling his mags after a game in the safe zone, then got a little bit parched from the mornings play, so he cooly and calmy pulled out his bottle and had a swig...to the gorgous tase of white .2gg bb's guzzling down his throat, to then spit them all over the table

****ing hilarious, possibly the funniest thing ive ever seen, and one of those moments you wished you had a camera stuck permantly to your face

have a nice summer steve :D

HAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

The rolling assault game is great:)

Bon Voyage and have a good Summer too!!!

Aidan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

have to say yesterday has been one of my best skirmishes so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

yeah
    that medic match was me favourite
    at the start of the day was good
    even thogh i lost the mag for the m14 in the nettle bush at the ghosts
    and then found it in the middle of it:D:D
    good day all round

This discussion has been closed.