Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I realise that I just miss placed the bloody things *looks under his shoe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Looks like there might be another decent turn out tomorrow then? I reckon I'll drag my stinking carcass along, nothing like some mid-week gaming to chase the hypothetical blues away...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Cheeky monkey, you did very well in that talent contest on saturday. Can you do your routine for us again at HRTA tomorrow?

(Yes, this is meant to be kinda cryptic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I will be there. I am bringing an new convert (my sis) and a total noob, i mean rookie. Anyway more cannon fodder for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

il be there with the lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

vtec wrote: »
    you get a pack of them with it. other than that you can get a multi pack of o-rings in halfrauds.,

slightly OT but this thread seems to be all about that, but what size o-rings can you get from the joke shop....?
    €9 for one standard bulb that a real autfactors had for €2.60....scumbags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i dunno, never heard of O rings in a joke shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

vtec wrote: »
    i dunno, never heard of O rings in a joke shop?

Halfords = joke shop

i had a feeling but i didnt really get it., :D

Im a bit slow on the uptake today actually, must be the sun or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I realise that I just miss placed the bloody things *looks under his shoe*

i've a box of o-rings in various different sizes, remind me and ill bring them with me on saturday for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

The Great Outdoors Scuba/Watersports shop has packets of O-rings. They're fierce expensive but... If you're stuck for time and are based in town, they'll have them (and probably of similar sizes as might be handy for airsoft).

Tonight:
    Tonight make it magnificent
    Tonight
    Make me tonight

Your hair is beautiful
    Oh, tonight

If it's pissing like it is right now, I'll assume that a trip to HRTA is likely to involve sitting in the car looking at the rain pouring down on the playing field*. Since I've made that assumption, we can go a step further and say that If I had a tv, it might make better viewing than the rainy view in Swords*. Throw in a couch, a cold beer, call it home, and hell, it might even be worth not getting in the car in the first place...

* There might be a possibility that watching Tony chase Richie around in the rain and mud could actually be very entertaining, but I'd have to have 'nocs so's I can watch the comedy from a safe distance. No way I'm particpating in that.

LOL., only you kev.,

and you better be there!, war doesnt choose weather.,:D

At least the weather is to be good again at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hawkeye1000

so is their many going 2 hrta tonight guys does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I think I've been committed to going for me, which is great :P I'll be going for Navy SEAL practice tonight. Bringing my snorkel.

Hmm... Better plug my battery in, on the off-chance we'll actually play. Rain has died now, any confirmed to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Me n Richie will be there.

Cheeky monkey, you did very well in that talent contest on saturday. Can you do your routine for us again at HRTA tomorrow?

(Yes, this is meant to be kinda cryptic)

Unfortunately, Cheeky Monkey's act didn't win. I could have sworn he was a lot older. Who could have guessed that he was just an 8 year old who likes to wear orange pj's in public?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLDcoKVZ_lY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I so hoped eScala would win that. Not only because they're incredibly hot (though one of them looks remarkably like my ex which is a little distressing), but the music was un-fecking-real. And two of them used to be in Wild. Expect it to be played on my HRTA mid-game playlist.

NakedDex wrote: »
    I so hoped eScala would win that. Not only because they're incredibly hot (though one of them looks remarkably like my ex which is a little distressing), but the music was un-fecking-real. And two of them used to be in Wild. Expect it to be played on my HRTA mid-game playlist.

I didn't see their act. I only seen part of the final show while I was waiting for some batteries to recharge in Duncannon. I'll have to check them out on the youtube thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Nor did I, I caught a snippet of them on an ad for the show and checked them out on YouTube afterwards, my interest piqued. Didn't realise why I recognised two of them at first. Twigged it afterwards, see below for why.

eScala on that awful TV show which was clearly rigged:

eScala - Palladio

And the precursor to eScala forming was the band "Wild", from about 7 years back, where two of the members of eScala came from. They only had one album, titled "Time", of which this was arguably the best track.
    Wild - Hipnotic

I do rather love new takes on classical and string music when they're done this well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Sorry I never turned up yesterday guys
    Was on my way home at lunch to get my ACU out of the dryer
    when my car skidded and hit the car in front
    and it was raining...
    I kinda just wanted to curl up in bed after that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Oh noes!? You ok? The car ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    and it was raining...

You ok? I had the same thing a couple of years ago. Not a nice thing to happen but as long as no-one is hurt then metal and plastic can be fixed. Welcome to the wonderful world of driving.

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    Sorry I never turned up yesterday guys
    Was on my way home at lunch to get my ACU out of the dryer
    and it was raining...
    I kinda just wanted to curl up in bed after that :o

Women drivers....

Sorry, had to say it :p

Hope you and both cars are fine. It can give you quite a shock, so a rest in bed was probably the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ouch Giz hope you're ok.

I'll be there on Sat along with a few from the office :)

Vietnam look this weekend for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

sorry to hear that giz, just put it down to life experience, you will know better the next time in the rain than the person that has not had the experience of a skid in the wet.

And a word to all that drive after a dry spell of weather becarefull on the roads as when it rains after a dry spell the roads will be greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Nasty. Well, so long as you werent injured*

*pride doesnt count ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

nonex wrote: »
    sorry to hear that giz, just put it down to life experience, you will know better the next time in the rain than the person that has not had the experience of a skid in the wet.

And a word to all that drive after a dry spell of weather becarefull on the roads as when it rains after a dry spell the roads will be greasy.

I haven't got insurance but the driving teacher in my school insists that this is the most dangerous condition that can occur! All the oil and debris builds up and add water to that and its like ice, though you wouldn't know it. Be carefull.

Unlucky giz. I've been in a head on before, nobody was hurt but its not a nice experience.

Rabbit: She's not called "The Castrator" for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

yeah worst thing was I knew what the roads were like,
    I was driving slower than normal,
    and the car still skidded.
    Thank god the guy in from had a toe hitch and his car was undamaged
    He even asked if I was ok and said that I should take a few minutes before driving again,and it wasn't my fault.
    Hit one of the front spotlights that my brother had already broken
    so it was all good
    just have to get my dad to check the radiator when he gets home tomo.

I hope to be down on Saturday
    Will probably Marshall for a bit too.
    might be bringing a surprise guest too :)

• Advertisement

All hail ABS!
    if your bumber is still in good shape then its unlikely that theres any damage to the radiator. the worst damage i find in the crash is the nervousness you get when your in the wet again, It takes a while to get comfy again, in fact i fear the cost of damage more than the injuries i might recieve., :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement