Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nonex wrote: »
    sorry to hear that giz, just put it down to life experience, you will know better the next time in the rain than the person that has not had the experience of a skid in the wet.

And a word to all that drive after a dry spell of weather becarefull on the roads as when it rains after a dry spell the roads will be greasy.

Yup...and any drops of oil on the road get dispersed over a fairly large area. Not nice for car drivers....dangerous for bikers or cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

Anyone going Sunday,Team ATS will be in usual attendance.:cool:

Gonna try get there FOR 10am to get an early game started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

vtec wrote: »
    All hail ABS!
    if your bumber is still in good shape then its unlikely that theres any damage to the radiator.

Don't know about that. The crash I caused was in proved it. Bumper no damage. Cross member directly behind it bent in a V.

Giz, you would be as well getting it checked. If there is no fluid leaking from it you should be OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

yeah was gonna go to hrta today but my dad recommended to not drive until he gets home tomo to check on it
    should be back for a skirmishy next sat :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Don't know about that. The crash I caused was in proved it. Bumper no damage. Cross member directly behind it bent in a V.

Giz, you would be as well getting it checked. If there is no fluid leaking from it you should be OK.

yeah that can happen especially with polyurethane bumpers, they compress and bend the cross member, slam panel etc and then just pop out looking like theres nothing wrong.,lol

If it doesnt look like its leaking and hasnt over heated so far id say your laughing giz., :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Cant wait to get to HRTA tomorrow Gunning for some action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sickboy-

Know its a little late in the day, but any chance of a lift from Swords tommorrow up to HRTA on Sunday morning??

Give us a call whenever on <snip>

Sickboy- wrote: »
    Know its a little late in the day, but any chance of a lift from Swords tommorrow up to HRTA on Sunday morning??

Give us a call whenever on <snip>

Not a good idea to put your phone number on a public website. Ye get all sort of wierdo's calling at all hours of the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Not a good idea to put your phone number on a public website. Ye get all sort of wierdo's calling at all hours of the morning.

Yeah now you're bound to get crazy drunken rants from rabbit at 2am
    lol :pac:

Gizmodeon wrote: »
    Yeah now you're bound to get crazy drunken rants from rabbit at 2am
    lol :pac:

Or posts at 6am in the morning warning you not to put your phone number in your posts...

• Advertisement

wow., who would have thought there would be such a large turnout on a sunday., :)
    good games today lads.,

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

I hate posting negative stuff. Sorry to say, I was a wee bit disappointed with some of the players who didn't call their hits. Even when the marshal was scream at them, a few of them were still "bullet proof". Some of the lads of our team got to a stage where they were so annoyed that they lost interest and walked off the game. Shame.

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    I hate posting negative stuff. Sorry to say, I was a wee bit disappointed with some of the players who didn't call their hits. Even when the marshal was scream at them, a few of them were still "bullet proof". Some of the lads of our team got to a stage where they were so annoyed that they lost interest and walked off the game. Shame.

Yeah there was a bit of acting the boll*x, i was that marshall screaming at them. i sent a couple of them out of the game too and have a few faces known for cheating so they'll not be given the benefit of the doubt in future, on the whole though most of the 40ish people played well, we only really had problems with about 5 if them and unfortunately that can take the enjoyment from the game for a lot of players. Of course if you think they taking the pi*s then just mention it to a marshall on the QT and then they can be caught in the act nice and sly and dealt with how they deserve ;).,
    On a good note though there was some really honourable play from a few of the "newbs" or rookies if ya like., :D I found a few of them quite funny how they ran on charges and were cut down like goldfish but were very honest about their hits., they really out did the few players that were cheating, who have played the game many times before.
    I did my best with the amount of people i had to watch but i can tell ya those that think they can dodge the rules wont be treated lightly., :)
    Problems like that are pretty rare though, usually we get a great bunch of people up.,

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Thanks Vtec, hope I didn't come across like I was "dissing" the marshals. Appreciate the great job you guys are doing and with 40 of us playing, handfull of you guys doing your best. Totally understandable.

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    Thanks Vtec, hope I didn't come across like I was "dissing" the marshals. Appreciate the great job you guys are doing and with 40 of us playing, handfull of you guys doing your best. Totally understandable.

no not at all man, fully understandable., ya kinda have to be a bastid when ya do marshalling., haha.,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nothing new there unfortunitly . there's alot to be said about the honor system ,some just cant grasp the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Great to hear Sundays are taking off. There were 60 there Saturday and some absolutely classic games.

Actually got the camera out with me again so here are a few of the shots I liked the most. Some of the others are in my Airsoft Set on Flickr. They will also be added to the Irish Airsoft group as well.

2562878960_09351b3b25.jpg

2562055239_91d57a23ce.jpg

2562890318_0b91531bb8.jpg

wow, that swat one is great gandalf.,

Thanks vtec thats SWAT Guy 2 aka one of the lads that work with me. We had another one of the work colleagues out on Saturday I think we have turned him to the Darkside as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Is it coincidence or something more sinister that you only bring out your camera to shoot these amazingly great pictures when I'm not going to be there?

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Is it coincidence or something more sinister that you only bring out your camera to shoot these amazingly great pictures when I'm not going to be there?

I hate to break it to ya but you are one ugly bastard ;)

Only jking, not airsofting nearly as much as I want to. The earliest I can now get out again is over a month away. Damn my hectic summer social life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Tell it to the dubes man, and the flocks of broken hearted women that litter the road to my place...

On the other hand, it could just be because I'm out there even less than you...
    Awesome pics though man, as ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Very enjoyable day on Saturday - thanks everyone. Some great shots there gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Thanks to everyone for a great day on Sunday when I popped my airsoft cherry. There was a great buzz there and the marshalls did a sterling job.
    Highlight of the day had to be pwning on the bomb mission
    Lowlight was stripping the gears on my m15a4
    All in all a great experience, and I will definitely be back (with a better gearbox :))

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Yeah there was a bit of acting the boll*x, i was that marshall screaming at them. i sent a couple of them out of the game too and have a few faces known for cheating so they'll not be given the benefit of the doubt in future, on the whole though most of the 40ish people played well, we only really had problems with about 5 if them and unfortunately that can take the enjoyment from the game for a lot of players. Of course if you think they taking the pi*s then just mention it to a marshall on the QT and then they can be caught in the act nice and sly and dealt with how they deserve ;).,

Wasn't up on Sunday, but I like to reiterate this point, if someone doesn't appear to be taking their hits call over a marshal and say it to them on the quiet like, don't start yelling "Take your F*ing hits!!", I find that kind of whining almost as offensive as people not taking hits in the first place. It creates an atmosphere of distrust amongst the players in a game where, lets face it, seeing as we're using the honour system we need to feel we can trust the people we are playing against to play with honour.

Marshals are there to make sure people do play with honour, but they can't be everywhere and see everything, so if you've got a problem, then say it to a marshal.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

On a good note though there was some really honourable play from a few of the "newbs" or rookies if ya like., :D I found a few of them quite funny how they ran on charges and were cut down like goldfish but were very honest about their hits., they really out did the few players that were cheating, who have played the game many times before.
    I did my best with the amount of people i had to watch but i can tell ya those that think they can dodge the rules wont be treated lightly., :)
    Problems like that are pretty rare though, usually we get a great bunch of people up.,

Hehe that was me making stuuuupid charges,I knew i would get cut down but had alot of fun doing it...Gotta learn some patients,Funniset point was Matt and his "modified"Grenade launcher!!!,the whole team was held up behind the last point in the laneway and we all counted to three and did a kamikaze style shootout.Twas fun!
    Didnt know that was you VTEC man i should of come over and introduced me,will do next time,fair play on calling the close shots man.

you were really funny there mate., lol.,
    and respect for the sportsmanship shown too, its nice to see people try hard, get riddled, take the hit and then do it all over again.,lol :D

A few more photos added to my flickr from Saturday.

2565685838_11a1f0537c.jpg

2564867677_066b482baa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Great pics as always Gandalf :)

If anyone finds a 1911 GBB magazine at HRTA please hand it in to Paul or Mel. One of my team lost it on Saturday. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Those masks freak me out man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement