Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

YEESSS! my dad is finally going to ring Paul so if he says yes I'm defiantly going next Sunday (cant go Saturday have an assessment test for my secondary school) :D and i nearly have enogh money for my first AEG oh happy happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

ok UNcompany has shipped my stuff at last. Got the tracking number yesterday and it left Hong Kong today. It should be in Ireland by Monday but knowing An Post there's only about a 50/50 chance I'll get it this week coming. If I do though I'll be going for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

If I get my pistoland stuff of gunner and I get my boltie i will deffo be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,833 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

12 if we ask.

14 if Paul asks.

16 if any of the Predator staff ask.

;)

Another comment like that and you're banned. Same goes for everyone else. Joking or not joking.

Master of the Universe

liamo333 wrote:
    If I get my pistoland stuff of gunner and I get my boltie i will deffo be going.

You're getting a boltie? Excellent. Another one to add to the HRTA sniper team :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You can buy games? I thought they only came in torrent format.:confused:

Anyway, back on topic (sort of), that was a fun day again at HRTA. Though it's hurting to type this since I took 7 separate hits to the fingers on my left hand. Cool looking welt, though the swelling and tenderness is rather annoying. I'm convinced there is a bb magnet inside my hands and neck.

I still have a mark on my finger from the saturday of the easter weekend, was a nasty blood blister/welt. Had a bruised thumb as well for a while. My back was in bits from a full auto burst at close range.

Master of the Universe

Rew wrote:
    I still have a mark on my finger from the saturday of the easter weekend, was a nasty blood blister/welt. Had a bruised thumb as well for a while. My back was in bits from a full auto burst at close range.

You went out for a game? How'd you find it?

Those nasty blood blisters on your hands would be why I'd never play without gloves. I saw someone get their hand shot several times across their fingers with an AEG burst from a close range. Didn't look pleasant!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

o1s1n wrote:
    You went out for a game? How'd you find it?

Those nasty blood blisters on your hands would be why I'd never play without gloves. I saw someone get their hand shot several times across their fingers with an AEG burst from a close range. Didn't look pleasant!

Played outdoors mainly but it needs alot of work on the rules and site. The range on the 1J AEG's just isn't enough for an open field like that. We played 3 or 4 indoors games which were good.

Yeah would play in gloves next time alright alright. We did a find the sniper thing as well which would be great if the sniper rifles had some real range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

o1s1n wrote:
    Another comment like that and you're banned. Same goes for everyone else. Joking or not joking.

(a) He is 12, and not likely to be mistaken for a 14 or 16 year old.
    (b) He is responsible for accurately declaring his age if/when attending an skirmish site.
    (c) I clearly indicated that his true age was indeed 12.
    (d) It was soooooo obvious that I was joking. Jokes (even bad ones) are not against any board rules, so I don't expect to see you banning me for joking. (well ok, apparantely dead baby jokes on the humor forum are bannable offenses)

No offence, but you need to read up on the board rules. This is twice you have stated you would ban me for something that actually isn't against the rules AFAIK.

Can we have a little less paranoia please? Nobody is going to ban airsoft or make a strong argument against airsoft because of a joke over someone's age.

I'm getting sick of this BS. It's getting to the point where we have to get 2 people to proof read our posts before we actually post them, just to make sure that it cannot possibly be misinterpreted in any way.

Master of the Universe

(a) He is 12, and not likely to be mistaken for a 14 or 16 year old.
    (b) He is responsible for accurately declaring his age if/when attending an skirmish site.
    (c) I clearly indicated that his true age was indeed 12.
    (d) It was soooooo obvious that I was joking. Jokes (even bad ones) are not against any board rules, so I don't expect to see you banning me for joking. (well ok, apparantely dead baby jokes on the humor forum are bannable offenses)

No offence, but you need to read up on the board rules. This is twice you have stated you would ban me for something that actually isn't against the rules AFAIK.

Can we have a little less paranoia please? Nobody is going to ban airsoft or make a strong argument against airsoft because of a joke over someone's age.

I'm getting sick of this BS. It's getting to the point where we have to get 2 people to proof read our posts before we actually post them, just to make sure that it cannot possibly be misinterpreted in any way.

And I am getting sick of your irresponsible posts. Just because your signature has a disclaimer does not mean you can say whatever you wish.
    I have had concerned individuals PM me about this. So it's not just me singling you out as you seem to believe.

You do realize that as well as boards rules, moderators are allowed to act with discretion? It means rules do not have to be written up to cover every single eventuality. Which would be impossible.

When I read over posts, I have more then just airsoft in mind. I also have to think about boards.ie. Which, just in case you didn't know, is one of the most visited sites in the country. You telling a YOUNG CHILD to lie about their age to gain access to an airsoft site not only looks bad for the sport, it also looks bad for the forum. Saying you were "only joking" afterward makes no difference.

This thread will not be derailed to turn into a debate about what you said or meant to say. If a moderator warns you not to do something you should just take it on the chin and move on. If you truly feel as if you are being persecuted or hard done by, either take it to PM or the feedback forum.

Otherwise get back on topic.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote:
    And I am getting sick of your irresponsible posts. Just because your signature has a disclaimer does not mean you can say whatever you wish.
    I have had concerned individuals PM me about this. So it's not just me singling you out as you seem to believe.

You do realize that as well as boards rules, moderators are allowed to act with discretion? It means rules do not have to be written up to cover every single eventuality. Which would be impossible.

When I read over posts, I have more then just airsoft in mind. I also have to think about boards.ie. Which, just in case you didn't know, is one of the most visited sites in the country. You telling a YOUNG CHILD to lie about their age to gain access to an airsoft site not only looks bad for the sport, it also looks bad for the forum. Saying you were "only joking" afterward makes no difference.

This thread will not be derailed to turn into a debate about what you said or meant to say. If a moderator warns you not to do something you should just take it on the chin and move on. If you truly feel as if you are being persecuted or hard done by, either take it to PM or the feedback forum.

Otherwise get back on topic.

And I am sick of your over zealous moderating. Lighten up for christs sake. MY POST WAS A BLOODY OBVIOUS JOKE THAT NO SANE PERSON WOULD TAKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!

While moderators can act with discretion, it doens't mean that they should act like politically correct zealots double checking every post to see if any sentence could be misquoted or twisted by some anti-airsoft nut.

At no time did I tell Irish_Trinity to lie about his age. I was not replying to his post, nor did I direct my comments towards him. Re-read my post and learn the facts about it. Oh, and he's not a young child. Even if I had told him to lie, he is old enough to know that lying is wrong, so give him some credit.

The joke does not reflect badly on airsoft, this site, or me. What looks sad, and questionable, is a moderator actually publicly condemning someone for posting a completely harmeless and obvious joke.

This thread was derailed the moment you chose to publicly warn me instead of using a PM. Your choice, not mine. If you want to keep this private, then PM me. I'm more than willing to take warnings when I've actually done something wrong. Only last week I accepted a warning from a moderator on another section of boards.ie (I had gone off-topic unintentionally). Your warning, and the reason for it is utterly rediculas though.

As for these concerned individuals who are sending you PM's. Direct them to PM me directly. If they are going to complain about me, then they should have the guts and/or decency to do so to my face instead. The disclaimer in my signature was put there to appease these super sensitive people, but obviously it makes no difference.

This place is becoming a joke. In person we can say one thing, but it suddenly becomes a big 'no no' when posted on boards. It's two faced nonsense.

Master of the Universe

And I am sick of your over zealous moderating. Lighten up for christs sake. MY POST WAS A BLOODY OBVIOUS JOKE THAT NO SANE PERSON WOULD TAKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Excuse me, but have I banned anyone since I have become moderator? No I have not. How many times have your comments caused controversy? Quite a few.I am very lenient as far as moderation goes. So don't give me that over zealous rubbish.
    wrote:
    While moderators can act with discretion, it doens't mean that they should act like politically correct zealots double checking every post to see if any sentence could be misquoted or twisted by some anti-airsoft nut.

Again, I'm not double checking every post. I rarely have to pull anyone up. For some reason though, your posts seem to draw a lot of attention. If you want this "BS" to stop, start thinking about what you actually post before you post it.
    wrote:
    At no time did I tell Irish_Trinity to lie about his age. I was not replying to his post, nor did I direct my comments towards him. Re-read my post and learn the facts about it.

The post in question is =>
    12 if we ask.

14 if Paul asks.

;)

That wasn't directed at that particular person? It doesn't tell him to lie about his age? Please then, explain the meaning of it.
    wrote:
    Oh, and he's not a young child. Even if I had told him to lie, he is old enough to know that lying is wrong, so give him some credit.

I love the way you attempt to turn that around as me saying he is unable to discern right from wrong himself. That is not the case at all and you know it. This is nothing to do with him as a person so please, do not bring him into it. It is to do with you being responsible with your posts. Which you are currently are not.
    wrote:
    The joke does not reflect badly on airsoft, this site, or me. What looks sad, and questionable, is a moderator actually publicly condemning someone for posting a completely harmeless and obvious joke.

You know the expression "death by 1000 paper cuts"? That is exactly your situation. You are doing yourself absolutely no favours here.
    wrote:
    This thread was derailed the moment you chose to publicly warn me instead of using a PM. Your choice, not mine.

This is a public forum. You posted your comment publicly. I am the moderator of this forum. If someone posts something questionable, I am to address that publicly.
    wrote:
    If something If you want to keep this private, then PM me. I'm more than willing to take warnings when I've actually done something wrong. Only last week I accepted a warning from a moderator on another section of boards.ie (I had gone off-topic unintentionally). Your warning, and the reason for it is utterly rediculas though.

I have warned you in here before about watching what you post yet you continuously seem to ignore it. What am I meant to do? Sit back and let you say what you want without being reprimanded? I think not.
    wrote:
    As for these concerned individuals who are sending you PM's. Direct them to PM me directly. If they are going to complain about me, then they should have the guts and/or decency to do so to my face instead. The disclaimer in my signature was put there to appease these super sensitive people, but obviously it makes no difference.

If someone has a problem with a post, the correct action is to PRESS THE REPORT BUTTON or to CONTACT A MODERATOR. Which some people actually do and the people in question did. Not to bring it up in the thread. Not to send PMs to the offending person and start an argument. They press the report button, contact a moderator who then looks at the post to see if any action is to be taken.
    This place is becoming a joke. In person we can say one thing, but it suddenly becomes a big 'no no' when posted on boards. It's two faced nonsense.

When you say something in person it is in person. It is coming from your mouth and is totally yours. When you say something on boards.ie, it is coming from boards.ie too. Not only do I have to discern whether something is damaging to airsoft, I have to look and see if it is damaging to this site. You seem to be unable to grasp this concept. There is no free speech here. So stop thinking otherwise.

Ultimately, there is two ways this can go.

1. You start posting responsibly.
    2. You continue the way you are going and get banned.

Now, believe it or not, I actually do like you and would personally much rather prefer situation number 1. However, if needs be, I can go with 2. It is up to you.

As I said, I had to publicly address your post and warn you. Your continuation of this here is totally derailing this thread. If you want to continue it further there is the feedback forum. The admins and moderators will read your grievances and see if they have any merit.

Otherwise, back on topic please.

Quote:Originally Posted by CrazyRabbit
    12 if we ask.

14 if Paul asks.

That wasn't directed at that particular person? It doesn't tell him to lie about his age? Please then, explain the meaning of it.

It was a direct response to Evolute. Oh, and both Paul & Predator staff read these forums, and I've no doubt whatsoever that they would have found my post amusing. There was no attempt to decieve anyone about anyone's age.

Oh, and I like you as well (in a fully platonic way ;) ). I'd rather not be arguing either. We just have very differing opinions about what a reponsible post is. Although many might have complained to you about my posts, there are many others I have spoken to at skirmishes who are shocked about the complaints and see them as baseless. Please be aware that there are two groups of opinions about this. It's not just me vs everyone else. I don't post with any intention of causing controversy, and I really am shocked at the response to my original post.

I'll do my best to make my posts as responsible as is reasonable, but I would ask people here to be a little less critical of posts, and accept them at face value without trying to find ways for the post to be misintrepreted.

Master of the Universe

I'll do my best to make my posts as responsible as is reasonable, but I would ask people here to be a little less critical of posts, and accept them at face value without trying to find ways for the post to be misintrepreted.

I was going to reply to the rest of your post but came to the conclusion that if I did, this would more or less continue on in here regardless of how many times I ask for it to be moved to feedback. So I will keep it short and leave it at that.

I'm not asking you to be 100% PC, bullet proofing your posts. I am not asking that of anyone. The problems raised with all the posts in question is that even when accepted at face value they have been blatantly over the line. Age is a particularly dodgy topic at the moment within the Irish airsoft community. It is also one which the wider community would have strong opinions on. So posting comments about that which could be seen as questionable is to be avoided. I would think that just common sense. Joking or not.

When things like this happen, there is always one side that thinks the moderator is in the right and a side who think the poster is. I've read quite a lot of similar situations in the feedback forum. So it is not just unique to this case. Generally, offline people will side with the poster with the usual anti authority "stop treading on us" line of conversation.

That is as far as it goes in here. Any similar complaints or disagreements with moderating of this forum are to be in future taken to PM or feedback. Otherwise it will be viewed as a breech of the charter.

If you have a problem with an action of the moderators, PM them or take it up on the Admin forum.

Now, after that...anyone going to HRTA this Saturday? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

-.- i'm getting sorta tired of my dad he keeps saying he will ring paul and he wont i just going to send him another e-mail as i haven't had a reply from the last one or the pm i send him..... and sorry if you guys are finding this annoying now.:o

Baring physical injury, death, or a hurricane, I should be at HRTA this saturday.

If there is anyone not familiar with how to get there, let me know in a PM and we'll meet up at the spire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

SHOCK!!

HORROR!!

BAKING POWDER!!!

I'm planning on actually turning up this week end!! One of my brothers mates (who is also on the DIT paintball team from what I heard) wants me to show him what its like so I am dragging his sorry carcass up to HRTA to serve as a walking bullseye.

Oisin, give me a bell and let me know what time you head in at ok? :D

Master of the Universe

SHOCK!!

HORROR!!

BAKING POWDER!!!

I'm planning on actually turning up this week end!! One of my brothers mates (who is also on the DIT paintball team from what I heard) wants me to show him what its like so I am dragging his sorry carcass up to HRTA to serve as a walking bullseye.

Oisin, give me a bell and let me know what time you head in at ok? :D

Excellent :) Haven't seen you up there in a while.
    I'll be getting a bus into Dublin that morning so you can come in on that if you want. If you're getting the train I guess we could organize a spire meetup? Could meet crazy rabbit there too.

o1s1n wrote:
    Excellent :) Haven't seen you up there in a while.
    I'll be getting a bus into Dublin that morning so you can come in on that if you want. If you're getting the train I guess we could organize a spire meetup? Could meet crazy rabbit there too.

I'll be catching the train alright, meet you at the spire then.

Um ... what time do we do that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

hivemind, tell your friend i said congratulations for winning the IV's and that i was marshalling it, if you would be so kind, ta

• Advertisement

whupass wrote:
    hivemind, tell your friend i said congratulations for winning the IV's and that i was marshalling it, if you would be so kind, ta

Will do Whupy

Master of the Universe

I'll be catching the train alright, meet you at the spire then.

Um ... what time do we do that again?

I can't remember!

9 was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

My AEG just went into and out of customs in the space of a few hours. Looks like I'll be going this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

completely broke until next payday, but i might see if i can scrounge some money together and drop down for a half day

(ah the life of a student....)

o1s1n wrote:
    I can't remember!

9 was it?

See you there.

Master of the Universe

See you there.

Hang on! It starts at 11 now doesnt it? That means meet at the spire at 10.

Crazyrabbit, what time will you be at the spire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i take it this means you lot are not going to the night shoot/camping at predator on sat night?

I think paul is looking to go up to have a proper discussion with the lads up there about the future of airsoft and how to not get banned.

Master of the Universe

I think paul is looking to go up to have a proper discussion with the lads up there about the future of airsoft and how to not get banned.

Does that mean Saturday HRTA is canceled?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Won't be up this weekend on account of:

1. No money
    2. M14 is broken :(
    3. Going shooting

If it is in fact going ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Or Sundays. I am going up on Sunday, hope it is on as I cannot get Saturdays off work so Sunday is the only day

Join Ireland Weather Network

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement