Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Blay wrote: »
    Insolence to a superior officer :mad:

I'll riddle ya on Saturday :pac:

Ehh, this is why you dont wanna join the white skulls, they're always like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

kdouglas wrote: »
    So does a hit from the RPG count against that?

thats why i got one, RPG for hire 1850 nonex

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

That saracen looks class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

the set comes with the a balaklava, face mask and goggles. the goggles are wider then normal ones so that they fit over the face mask. i dont now how well they would fit without the mask on. might leave some gaps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

haha., cant wait to see this,., the whole Hawks team will fit in this baby!., :D

Hope it dont rain too much later on since i dont have my water proof boots handy.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

oh, and don't forget to let me know the date paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Lo lads ! New to the whole Airsoft scene, had my first game a couple of weeks ago, i'm looking to make it down on Saturday with a mate of mine, but unfortunaltly there isn't enough room in his car for 3 people (he's bringing someone also). Would there be anyone making their way down that could make a stop in Ballymun ? It'd be greatly appreciated.

PM me for mobile muber etc.

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,085 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ehh, this is why you dont wanna join the white skulls, they're always like that!

arent you funny guy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

WOW its foggy should make for some good games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i was out golfing today in hollywoodlakes, the golf course near hrta, and it pissed rain all day, so i said ****it im not going tonight

i look out at sun now...damn you baby jesus...damn you!!!!

• Advertisement

sickener doc huh., :p

the weather was decent today, i dont think it rained once during the games., :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

Yeah baby..... I can see the Recon bus take on the Saracen in a game of airsoft chicken ! Bring it on....... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'll be there again on Saturday afternoon, hopefully not so brightly coloured this time.

Is anyone bringing a JG G36C or K? I likes the look of that puppy and might ask for a quick burst. RSOV has one for a very reasonable wodge of sweaty cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 daire sweeney

i will be there with my one, give me a shout if ya see me

the numbers coming tomorrow so far is 38, i hope the rain keeps off for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Confab wrote: »
    I'll be there again on Saturday afternoon, hopefully not so brightly coloured this time.

Is anyone bringing a JG G36C or K? I likes the look of that puppy and might ask for a quick burst. RSOV has one for a very reasonable wodge of sweaty cash.

The C should be under the limit but I dunno about the K, ask keith to check first.

I can assure you that it would be a 1 in 1million event if there wasnt a JG 36C there, they are the most common airsoft gun you will see, just ask Tony at Eirsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nonex wrote: »
    the numbers coming tomorrow so far is 38, i hope the rain keeps off for the day.

I'm hoping to drop out as well, though perhaps just for a half day. So you can make that 38.4. I'm the 0.4.

Would it not be .5 instead of .4 ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Would it not be .5 instead of .4 ? :pac:

Nah, I'm a short guy.

Great games today lads ! Pity about the rolling assault dragging on, and on and on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

and on and on and on :D

Wasn't to bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

In fairness it's quite tricky to balance a rolling assault properly and a combination of factors casued the drag effect. Mostly the torrential downpours every time a game was started (and the corresponding effect this has on eye wear) but also the number of people on either side. Too many and it becomes a meat grinder for any approaching 'softer which can really put people off the death-charge attack.

Other than that it was a grand day and I'm glad to say their was a minimum of reasons to bellow and get stompy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 daire sweeney

sorry i couldent go, got a punch lastnight and was in naas hospital getting stiches lastnight, should be there nextweek

In fairness it's quite tricky to balance a rolling assault properly and a combination of factors casued the drag effect. Mostly the torrential downpours every time a game was started (and the corresponding effect this has on eye wear) but also the number of people on either side. Too many and it becomes a meat grinder for any approaching 'softer which can really put people off the death-charge attack.

Other than that it was a grand day and I'm glad to say their was a minimum of reasons to bellow and get stompy :rolleyes:

Aye true, I was stuck behind the wood barrier at the very end by myself at one point, everyone from the enemy team waiting for me about 15-20 feet away waiting for me to pop up ! Scary stuff ! got 3-4 of them though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Aye true, I was stuck behind the wood barrier at the very end by myself at one point, everyone from the enemy team waiting for me about 15-20 feet away waiting for me to pop up ! Scary stuff ! got 3-4 of them though :cool:

"Emperor" shirt?

so it pissed rain in hrta? couldnt beat the weather in galway this weekend., theres something about that place, its always tropical.,lol

"Emperor" shirt?

Aye that was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 wsdave

hi pyro are u the fella with the AK-47

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

yep think he was,i was with him at the barrier aswell,but after some time,got hit:D

• Advertisement

so is there any teams interested in milsim game on the 4th of august bank holiday monday.
    these games can be as hard or soft as you want.

here are two game scenarios i have so far,

Two sides= 1/7th and 2/7th Cavalry air mobile
    Peoples army of Vietnam

US Objectives : Establish and hold LZ X-ray
    Maintain LZ for chopper traffic( aka ) post van.
    Move the enemy into and destroy their foothold on La Drang Valley
    Reclaim any cut off US platoons

PAVN Objectives: Hold base of Operations (at town)
    Disrupt chopper traffic at American LZ
    Destroy all American units in La Drang Valley

US notes: US has ability to drop fresh supplies and evacuate troop via choppers Respawn is once every ten minutes
    US has ability to utilize air support and accurate artillery using grid locations on maps and radio transmission to HQ

PAVN notes: Superior force to US respawn every 5 minutes No air support option

Special Roles Radio operator designated X4 for US for each platoon of Cav
    and each platoon of PAVN
    Each side gets a engineer for explosives
    US has a forward Scout Platoon
    PAVN has individual look outs ahead of army

Disadvantages for US slow respawn and one mission objective to reclaim a detached cav unit outside LZ Xray in enemy territory before they get wiped out
    IF LZ is occupied by enemy commander has to set up a new LZ
    US must make use of medics on all platoons

Disadvantage for PAVN No air support

US special advantage: If unit is in danger of being over run US commander can use the key word "Broken Arrow" to bomb entire perimeter of LZ at one time, this can only be used once

PAVN Speciial Advantage: Army does not need medics just go respawn
    This army may make use of Mortar fire by grid location on map
    Point ratios: Kill Commander 100 pts
    Kill Radio Operator 50 pts.
    Kill Medics 20 pts.
    LZ control for duration 200 Pts.
    US reclaims lost platoon from enemy control 150 pts.
    Either side captures commander alive 200 pts.

Winner of game is who ever has control of LZ X-Ray at the end of the day
    Control of LZ is designated by a US fag or red (Vietnam) flag posted in the center of LZ.

Columbians in the mist.

Story so far:
    The US marines have sent in an elite force of soldiers to clean up an area for a marine drop. Unfortunately the Marines found themselves outnumbered by Columbian rebels in the area, they retreated to an abandoned village where they set up a perimeter on a cliff. Occupying multiple buildings along the cliff edge the Marines could hold off indefinitely. But being short on supplies and ammo they asked for a cargo drop which was blown of course to the north of their camp. Surrounded by all sides by rebels they need to get to the supplies in a hurry. There are also rumors of a hidden rebel weapons cache in the forest.

Teams:
    US marines: Wears visible blue bandanas. About 65% of players at the game.
    Columbia rebels: Wears visible red bandanas. About 35% of the players at the game.
    (see special rules for more detail and rule bending)

Objectives:
    -Marines: They must first of all get to the cargo drop and bring it back to their strong point. They must hold off the rebels for some time depending on the number of players and map largeness(players decide). They must also capture the weapons cache and capture a maximum of flags to their base (flags are located at cargo and cache).
    -Rebels: They must find and defend their weapons cache. The rebels must also wipe out the Marines before time runs out. They must also try to capture the Marines cargo drop and capture a maximum of flags (flags are located at cargo and cache).
    -Each team must also defend all the flags and bases they have at all times.

Objective points:
    Marines:
    Get cargo hold flag to village base=1pt.
    Hold off the rebels until time runs out=5pts.
    Capture, defend and use as base/spawn point weapons cache flag =3pts.
    Rebels:
    Get cargo hold flag back to rebel base .=1pt.
    Capture, defend and use weapons cache flag as base/spawn point .=3pts.
    Wipe out Marines. =5pts.
    Count points at the end of the game to decide who wins.
    No points are given when defending a flag.

Rules:
    -There are 2 flags in the game, one at the weapons cache (capturable not movable) and one at the marine cargo drop (movable to main base by team only).
    -The rebels have unlimited spawns when the marines have none. NOTE: This rule may be bent but then you need a fair 50% vs 50% fair match.
    -(optional) Try having people with M4/MP5/M16 on one sides (Marines) and the people with AK/G3 and etc on another for realistic purposes.
    -The cargo drop flag once captured cannot be used a spawn base.
    -Main bases cannot be captured.

Bases:
    There are a total of 3 bases in the game, Marines village, Rebel base, and a capturable weapons cache that can be used as a base once captured.
    Game map:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement