Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

@ Dr. pepper- damnit I really wanted an mp7! Timing...D'oh!:rolleyes:

@ Doc- Dualies were good alright but seein y jump after I shot ya in the ass was also nice:D...gotta get me a bar10 now...feck! Hail to the jetski aiming device!

@everyone else see yall on wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Great games to day lads.

Im knackered after it all.

Thanks to Paul and Dex for the marshalling and running the events!

Dex, I want that G&G Sr25!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Excellent day lads. Cheers to Nonex and Dex :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I'm raging that I missed this. Sounds like a great laugh.

i should also say.. good bunch of lads out today. About 19 of us and I have to say it was great fun with some enjoyable gaming.

Next time we'll need more comms!!

Broken Arrow anyone......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

It went well I take it. Couldn't make it today cos all of my gear needed a de-gungeing after Pred. Ah well, maybe next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah thanks to Dex and paul who ran a nice smooth enjoyable day.

Thanks also to the players on both teams for being very honest in their play ( some guy took a headshot from me when i thought i missed) and for putting up with my lame attempt at trying to command a team haha :0

Was thoroughly enjoyable and have to say I'd be fully supportive of other milsim events that are considered in the future, the gametype is so much more deep and really made alot of teamwork count.

And it was nice to see that everyone introduced themselves and im sure like me everyone came away with a good few more acquintances.

( conor, killing you in our base when you had everyone hostage was the highlight of my day )
    DOC: BANG BANG!
    * Conor looks at the door confused and puzzled
    * Doc aims at conors chest but the hop takes the bb into his face

Delish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Great day indeed. Just finish cleaning all the gear. Thanks to Paul and Dex for keeping the games interesting and honest. The limited ammo brought a new aspect to the game. Thank Rambo I had my m203....

There was also a bit of drama on the way out of HRTA.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

Drama that me and Jack created.
    We apologise.

Anyway

It was awesome day.
    I'll be looking forward for more milsims.
    Limited ammo and respawn brought so much more to the game.

Thank Paul and Dex for good marshaling.

• Advertisement

Ah Lukas and Captain Jack, this is T here. Hope all is good with the Alfa. Great to see you guys again on Monday. It's been a while. Let us know when you'll be out in HRTA again.

Ahh Mr.T!

Alfa is in one piece. :D

Thanks for good day out and good team work. Most likely see you next Sat or Sun.

Nonex, are there any MilSim's comin up?

Anyone else thinking about braving the weather and heading out this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I am hopefully, must convince someone. ;)

A little bit of drizzle sure, and with even 6 people ye have a good day of gaming.

Anyone else thinking about braving the weather and heading out this evening?

I would love to, but stuck in work till 22.:00

Wish you good game

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lumengrid wrote: »
    Ahh Mr.T!

Alfa is in one piece. :D

Thanks for good day out and good team work. Most likely see you next Sat or Sun.

Nonex, are there any MilSim's comin up?

He was thinking of doing one....was it tonight, think it was.Well, not a full milsim, just ammo restrictions and caches in the field.

So game similar to the one we played on Monday.
    As i wrote earlier I'm stuck in work today so I won't be going but maybe this Sathurday or Sunday.
    Maybe Nonex will have maps with grid ref. ready for next MilSim so it will be easier to call in mortar fire.

"...Requesting Arklight, on Ghost base. Over..." :D:D:D

Hopefully you make it out Sam,i'm trying to convince some guys too!
    The more the merrier...everyone??
    Sorry to hear your stuck in work lumengrid,Saturday will have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Me and gerrout will be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

He was thinking of doing one....was it tonight, think it was.Well, not a full milsim, just ammo restrictions and caches in the field.

That's what we did on Sunday

[QUOTE=lumengrid;56808089
    Maybe Nonex will have maps with grid ref. ready for next MilSim so it will be easier to call in mortar fire.

"...Requesting Arklight, on Ghost base. Over..." :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

A few people mentioned that alright, I'm going to see about getting a couple of them done up for Paul for the next one (assuming you'd all like another one?)

Lads, it's excellent to hear you all had a blast at the milsim. I mentioned it to Paul on several occasions, it was the first time in a long, long time I had the pleasure to witness teams actually playing as teams. Plans being formed and followed. Great communication (anyone who wasn't there wouldn't believe the amount of hand signals being thrown around). At one stage the game was rolling a full 15 minutes before the first shot was fired, the ammo restriction really made people pick their shots. No more pray-and-spray.

Well done to everyone who turned out, ye made it a cracking day.

• Advertisement

Yea a map with grid references would have been really useful.

Even when we were asking where the ammo drops were, it would have been nice to have a hazy x marks the spot or a grid reference that would allow us to zone in on the ammo drops.

I have to reiterate what good fun it was. I cant stand the pray and spray and the ammo restrictions really made it enjoyable.

I also mentioned to Nonex about getting a night game going. Anyone interested?

Generally night games are held off until late summer, into autumn. Reason being, with the days as long as they are, you'd want to be there about 11pm/midnight to start the game and maybe 3/4am finish. That doesn't suit a lot of people who rely on lifts. It's also an ungodly hour to be playing (I don't even go on sessions until 4am anymore).
    When the nights start to get shorter, starting night games at 7pm will become feasible. It's a lot easier on everyone. It also means the hardcore among us (aka the people with sod all else to do) can turn up at 10am on a Saturday morning and play right through until midnight.

It also means the hardcore among us (aka the people with sod all else to do) can turn up at 10am on a Saturday morning and play right through until midnight.[/quote]

I hardly imagine what kind of excuse i should give my wife to justice me playing from 10am till late/early sunday morning... ha ha ha

Unless i take her with me. But first I need to buy her AEG.

Haha, I've done it before. The girlfriend wasn't too impressed at the time. I just about made up for it by taking her shopping the following day.

lumengrid,

She can take one of my M4's...

On that note, what about the idea of WAG Day, where you HAVE to bring your significant other for a day of airsoft. It'll be a good way of promoting the sport and hopefuly in the not long distance future, I can spend time with my girl, but which I mean my m4, and the fiance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I havent got around to finish this, theres still a few kill houses to be added but it'd be handy to have.,:).

2629070329_e6715cbd48_o.jpg

Mine went with me to Orchard and now I have to buy her M5 PDW :D:D:D
    She was not in HRTA yet but hoping she come soon.

Sam Fisher wrote: »
    lumengrid,

She can take one of my M4's...

On that note, what about the idea of WAG Day, where you HAVE to bring your significant other for a day of airsoft. It'll be a good way of promoting the sport and hopefuly in the not long distance future, I can spend time with my girl, but which I mean my m4, and the fiance.

I'll keep your word for it! :D

• Advertisement

It look promising. Now there are bales which made whole field in use and Bus changed the location as well.
    ConorMR2 tried to flank but got bang killed by me. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement