Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm doing one up now, without the cabin and structure locations. That way you'll have to think about where your strikes are going to actually land.

Besides, the terrain at HRTA changes so often, doing one with the terrain in place would mean it would nearly always be missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

Totally agree with DEX. Grid reference should be more than enough. And way easier for marshaling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'll make them reasonably tight grids so calling in an accurate one on a place you know won't be too hard. Too tight though and you end up with a fairly ineffectual blast area so I'll play around with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

was some good games tonight, thanks to paul as usual and Dave for giving his ever lending hand in running the games efficently its always plenty of fun

As said above id have to reiterate also the fun the milsim game was, ive never experienced so much team work...and ive never made up so many hand signals in my life lol

must learn real ones haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

lumengrid wrote: »
    ConorMR2 tried to flank but got bang killed by me. :D

Haha I probably got banged killed by everyone! It was rather tough being on a team with an abundance of snipers! I had to do all the running!! :)

• Advertisement

must learn real ones haha :D

I was just thinking about that yesterday alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I wanted to head this sat, but the weather is looking very bad, but i'll have my gear ready just in case it isnt

Is anyone going tomorrow to HRTA?

Im contemplating it alright. Depends on the weather!!

Got myself a G&G cqb from Shiva there the other day and am interested in testing it. Also fixed my good old Dboy m4 so want to test that aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lumengrid wrote: »
    Is anyone going tomorrow to HRTA?

Me+ 1-3 others.

• Advertisement

Me+ 1-3 others.

There are 2 more coming with me.

Maybe we can go for limited ammo option again?

I guess it depends on the numbers as if theres anything like last Saturdays then ppl may not want to have such a restriction

Hehe there is the bb drought we need to think about tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Sorry guys, me and John (SAS gas mask) won't be able to make it this weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Im up for it., :)

see yas there.,

Weather certainly aint looking so good where I am. Think I'll pack the waterprrof dpm. And I was hoping for heat so the mac would cycle well. :(

Weather certainly aint looking so good where I am. Think I'll pack the waterprrof dpm. And I was hoping for heat so the mac would cycle well. :(

Weather should improve about 11:00 and hold till afternoon.
    I'm not that far to travel so i'll wait till 10:00 and then go.

And just adding

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

It might not be that accurate but works pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

hi guys,
    i just ordered my first aeg and hope to be meeting you all at hrta very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 wsdave

How many people up for sunday???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Im glad I didn't go today.I would have been swimming in water and covered from head to toe in water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah, it was nasty in parts, but then cleared up, but for the last hour or so we played hunt the nsiper in torrential rain

it added some intensity to the game but it was a tad ridiculous

still was a good day i thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the ammo limit games

• Advertisement

Ye it just gets worse but I'd say today was a good laugh.

You pack of pussys!! :p

That was a deadly game! one of the best i would say,
    theres nothing like being up to you arse in the river in torrential rain, thats proper realism., :D

That last game was brilliant too, i was about 40ft in the tree and absolutely soaking wet with no overhead cover, got loads of kills today too., :D

oh, and a nice souvenier on my forehead from someone else's kill count., lol

Great day lads! Myself and Dave left just in time. That rain was something else. Driving down the m50 wasnt fun at all!!

Gonna bring some scuba gear for that river next time!

Got back around 8:40! Left, musta been coming up to six at a guess. Bloody M50 jammed for miles. The good news is that my dinners almost done:p

Fun day despite the rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I didn't go today even though I had promised myself I'd make it this week.

Two reasons.

1. Some muppet cycling on the path decided to cycle into me from behind (I was walking) and he's gone and done some damage to my back. Spent two days in hospital and my back is still f&*&^%. Thank god for Nurofen Plus.

2. This is the N3 today just beside where I live.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/84334/61069.JPG
    Guess what the odds where of me traveling in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

I didn't go today even though I had promised myself I'd make it this week.

This is the N3 today just beside where I live.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/84334/61069.JPG
    Guess what the odds where of me traveling in that?

Holy sh1t!:eek:

I just heard the news about the roads and it's not looking good for tomorrow. I was planning on heading to HRTA tomorrow but with the roads the way they are, and combined with the bogball on tomorrow between Cork and Kildare - the roads will be mental!

Wait n see I suppose...

think I will put the canoe on the roof eitherway...

tut tut., havent seen you gaming in ages actually aidan., :p

Holy sh1t!:eek:

I just heard the news about the roads and it's not looking good for tomorrow. I was planning on heading to HRTA tomorrow but with the roads the way they are, and combined with the bogball on tomorrow between Cork and Kildare - the roads will be mental!

Wait n see I suppose...

think I will put the canoe on the roof eitherway...

Took ~ 2 hrs to get from HRTA to churchtown. M50 was a mess as it is, especially with all the matches on. Then you add the water. Pain in the ass. And the back roads of Ballyboughal were like the above picture! We were sending wwater 20ft in the air! :D

I know how we can solve the airsoft problem,seing as the roas are flooded we can play water airsoft in inflatable dingies..Its a bit like water polo but no polo:D

• Advertisement

its actually lovely out now,.lol gonna head to hrta in a min,.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement