Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

richie just got a notion from my misses

you were in trees all day with fork lightning going off, me aswell during sniper game

she wants to punch you for putting my life in danger :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anybody able of offering a lift heading to HRTA anytime this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Only got as far as Blanch and was stuck for an hour - decided to turn around (what with all the traffic due down the N7 after the matches) - was a lovely day but the thoughts of being stuck in the evening traffic (when I have to go to Belfast tomorrow anyway), just put me off...

Wednesday it'll be...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Bloody hell, just looked at the picture of the n3 there. I missed all the fun, I thought the reports of the bad weather from my girlfriend were exagereted-I was up in donegal surfing and getting sunburned... weird Irish summer for ya!:D Hopefully wednesday is fine for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

The irish weather is a shame..but when its hot its hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

On the way back from HRTA on Saturday via the N2, I got trapped in Finglas for about an hour, maybe more, trying to find a way to Cabra. Or indeed, anywhere at all. It was like 'The Day After Tomorrow', really apocalyptic for a while there.

Are there even any buses that go out near this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are there even any buses that go out near this place?

Can get a bus to swords village and a taxi is €9 I think from there to HRTA. Rabbit worked it out before.

Can get a bus to swords village and a taxi is €9 I think from there to HRTA. Rabbit worked it out before.

Sound, what directions would I have to give to the Tax driver?

Sound, what directions would I have to give to the Tax driver?

Paul reccomends CAB2000. They might know the way as people have gone to hrta via taxi before afaik. If they dont, I suggest printing a google map, they'll probably recognise where to go from that.

• Advertisement

Here's hoping!
    What time do the Wednsday games usually kick off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

19:00 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yup, €9 from Swords, assuming no traffic and a reasonable driving speed.

You can get a train to Lusk and a taxi from there for even less as it is closer. About €6-7 I believe for the taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

good training by one and all
    also good work by johny and the Ghosts on the radios

David

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

me and senordingdong are looking for a lift on saturday. anyone heading out?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Looking for lift to hrta on saturday,full day and 2 going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

i dont know what way these new threads are working, so i stick it up here,
    I was thinking of doing a membership fee for a year for gaming at hrta and i am looken at what numbers would have a take on this, as the more numbers i can get the cheaper i can do the membership fee for.

The membership fee will cover a full days gaming per week every week for a year.

so you can PM me or email with name and DOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

sounds great:D! will definatly think about getting one.
    and hopefully will be up for sat the 23rd
    (on holiday atm)

Intersting. I'd be likely to sign up for it once I get insurance(soon) and then my full licence(for the M50).

Tomorrows forecast:

Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy with further heavy rain in all areas. The rain will turn showery over Munster, but will persist across the midlands, east and north for most of the day with amounts in excess of 50 mm possible. All areas will be at risk of thundery downpours and flooding. Fresh southeast winds will veer southwest later in the day. Highest temperatures will range 16 to 19 degrees.

I've bolded the most depressing bits for emphasis.

• Advertisement

What!!?

Muddy rainy airsoft is the best kind of airsoft.

Can anyone tell me what time the saturday games kick off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

Tomorrows forecast:

Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy with further heavy rain in all areas. The rain will turn showery over Munster, but will persist across the midlands, east and north for most of the day with amounts in excess of 50 mm possible. All areas will be at risk of thundery downpours and flooding. Fresh southeast winds will veer southwest later in the day. Highest temperatures will range 16 to 19 degrees.

I've bolded the most depressing bits for emphasis.
    it'll be waaaaay easier to hide from the predator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

What!!?

Muddy rainy airsoft is the best kind of airsoft.

Can anyone tell me what time the saturday games kick off at?

officially 10.30, realistically it's more like 11 by the time everyone gets their gear together etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i agree with senior, these are the best type of games., :D last weeks was epic.

yesterday was forcast for heavy rain too but it turned out to be a lovely day., c yas there tomorrow lads., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

*grunts as hes not going:mad:*

vtec wrote: »
    yeah i agree with senior, these are the best type of games., :D last weeks was epic.

yesterday was forcast for heavy rain too but it turned out to be a lovely day., c yas there tomorrow lads., :)

Yes, Met Eireann do seem to be getting a reputation for getting the forecast very wrong lately.

wrong lately.

Lately?

Lately?

Well considering how old the earth is, I would consider the last 50 years to be 'lately'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

whos gaming tomorrow? today was wet but great laugh all the same, even had a little fire to have a chat around., :D

tomorrow is forecast to be clear with suny spells too., :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Damn you all with your skirmishing shenanigans while I am stuck in work.:mad::D:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement