Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

weather didnt stop me

poxy dose of the chickens pox did

still didnt see anything in rules about bio warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

haha the saracen is just shock tactics and looks the part on the field

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Hey guys, twas looking at the HRTA website and noticed that it hasn't been updated in a while, I was just wondering if you still need a full face mask? and can you buy bbs there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Hey guys, twas looking at the HRTA website and noticed that it hasn't been updated in a while, I was just wondering if you still need a full face mask? and can you buy bbs there?

You can use goggles or safety glasses and yes you can buy bbs there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Gatling wrote: »
    weather didnt stop me

poxy dose of the chickens pox did

still didnt see anything in rules about bio warfare

Dude, you might want to make sure that it is Chicken Pox and not Shingles. At your age you shouldnt be picking up Chicken Pox and if you've already had it Shingles is what you can get later on (particularly long term patients taking pain killers whose immune systems become compressed).

Shingles can be lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Dude, you might want to make sure that it is Chicken Pox and not Shingles. At your age you shouldnt be picking up Chicken Pox and if you've already had it Shingles is what you can get later on (particularly long term patients taking pain killers whose immune systems become compressed).

Shingles can be lethal.

+1 to what Hive said, as someone that had it, very serious, its chicken Pox that eat your nervous system, even small infections can cause perm parlisis in parts of your body.

Back on topic, HRTA was class today, Cheers to Andy for running some class games. The medic game was great. Supermac's on the way home just toped it all off :D (Doc my car stinks of garlic)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

fayer wrote: »
    +1 to what Hive said, as someone that had it, very serious, its chicken Pox that eat your nervous system, even small infections can cause perm parlisis in parts of your body.

Back on topic, HRTA was class today, Cheers to Andy for running some class games. The medic game was great. Supermac's on the way home just toped it all off :D (Doc my car stinks of garlic)

that supermacs must get some WEIRD traffic. I've eaten at it with my team a few times and not a single one of us bothers to change out of our BDU's before going.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

that supermacs must get some WEIRD traffic. I've eaten at it with my team a few times and not a single one of us bothers to change out of our BDU's before going.

Dude me and Doc strolled in in full camo, they nerve batted an eye lid.

Suggestion: Supermac's delivery to HRTA for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

fayer wrote: »
    Dude me and Doc strolled in in full camo, they nerve batted an eye lid.

Suggestion: Supermac's delivery to HRTA for lunch!

+100

on the chicken pox thing, there's actually new strains since we were kids so you can get it again pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm not even going to lie when I say that was probably the best days gaming I've had at HRTA. That was tremendous. Not once did I come across any sort of messing or cheating, I even witnessed one guy, who I think was new, take a hit from me, when I dont think I hit him, thats the sort of start you want from new players and regulars alike.

Cheers t Andy for running some nice games, Steve for the lift, Aidan for saving my life with a spare M4 and everyone else.

I also have a mental note to stay away from Contractor Neil cause hes costing me a fortune, anytime im within ten feet he DEMANDS covering fire, what a diva :P

Absolutely tremendous day, chuffed that my new goggles are the bees knees, and I've nearly forgotten my top notch m16 IS BROKE AGAIN!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

+1 (Why wouldn't you lie, Doc, why???). Today rocked a lot. Andy ran some great games, and everyone was great. Weather was excellent too.

I actually think I managed to hit a few people, although now I have score to settle with my nemesis the hungover Aidan (defenderdude) who milled me down just as I was going to set about the room-clearers with a sneak attack...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Indeed n it was a great daze gaming:P

I feel sooo much better this evening compared to this morning...:rolleyes:

Fantastic games - Kev, I'm really surprised at a chap like you - what a sneaky move:eek: - only I was so slow today you'd have had the drop on us all. Spending too much time with Richie the ninja...:p

Doc, you're more than welcome mate. It's a karma thing - Richie fixed (undid my mistakes) my M16 this morning - seriously Rich, Thank you so much and sorry for breathing too much on you. Between the garlic and drink from yesterday; the fumes from my sad sorry being must have made you wilt:p

Shot of the day had to be Keith who got me a head-shot from the tower at about 20 Mts, with his VSR single shot springer - as I tried to move quickly (haaha) while trying to blast him with 9.6V of VFC 416 goodness on full auto. What a shot!:eek: What a nerve!!:mad:

Good games Andy - especially the Medic game and cheers our medic:D, cant remember your name:o My head is like a sausage at the best of times - even worse when I'm hungover...

Tommy - brilliant flanking move at the last game! Class move.;) Fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

HAHA doc your rediculasly expensive m16 killed itself again? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol,.yup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Right, that's it. I'm not going away again this year if this is what's going to happen :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Great games yesterday. Enjoyed myself immensly (spelling).

Last game went better than I expected. I could not believe that I got all the way down the lane, bypassed a sniper I did not know about, out manouvered the guy who spotted me and got to the enemy base. I am usually the first to be shot.

Loved the look on Aidens face when he turned around and saw me at the Portacabin. I think there may have been some profanity uttered at that moment.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Loved the look on Aidens face when he turned around and saw me at the Portacabin. I think there may have been some profanity uttered at that moment.:D

Pretty much - "how the f*ck did he get by Keith (sniper legend)!"
    I got on comms to Keith and he said - "sorry man, totally outflanked me" (well, may have been slightly more colourful):p

Fair play and great move.;) Dont try it again!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Have to say, lovin the mp5k that i got of Defdude, out ranged everyone, and still lovin my shotgun. Great day gaming bar the 15second bomb game.

Holy crap. Forgot all about that. I set the damn thing off with a blade of grass:eek: (Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it)

Fair play and great move.;) Dont try it again!:p

We'll see on Wednesday;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

ANyone know what time it starts on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

does any one know were i can get a tower for lights or cheap scaffolding i need to be 40 feet high to put up some lights as some ppl have asked me to stay open through the winter.

ANyone know what time it starts on Wednesday?

we open from 7.00 pm werehouse but some show up at 5.00 pm

So its cool to show up at five yeah?

And how much is it?

it's € 5 for the evening, it's ment to be a training night for teams but as of late they all seem to be playing than training.

Cool, cool.

I mite be seeing you there so, I havn't been down yet, Thanks Paul.

Cool, cool.

I mite be seeing you there so, I havn't been down yet, Thanks Paul.

your more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

hrta wrote: »
    does any one know were i can get a tower for lights or cheap scaffolding i need to be 40 feet high to put up some lights as some ppl have asked me to stay open through the winter.
    i can't remember names or exact addresses but i was doing the tour of salvage yards lately for fireplaces and noticed a lot of scaffolding lying around. hit the golden pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

My own stupidity got me hit in the last game - remind me never to try charging vtec again.

But the good news is that I've worked out how to get him the next time. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Hey just wondering if many people are heading up this sunday ??

First skirmish! So excited xD
    I feel like an 8 year old on christmas eve :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement