Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

working this weekend, so i'll be there next week, gives me time to fit the tightbore barrels into my aug and p90

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Kinda got worried when only myself and Simon were they at 11am. But, as the day went on, a few more arrived for a grand total of........8.

Ended up being a cracking day though. Not many games, but the games we had were top notch. The sniper game was really enjoyable. 3 snipers in hiding. Took 20 mins to find them, then there was a chase / shootout across 3 fields until finally we cornered them. And it was good to see the return of the juggernaut game. ( minus the insane Paddy this time)

Big welcome to our newest airsofter, Christoph (Kristoph) who hopefully will be bringind some mates with him next week.

And a huge, massive welcome to the newest member of the Ghosts team...me. Cheers to Johhny for the invite to join.

Big punch to the arm of Johhny's friend who didn't turn up at the spire, leaving me standing there like an eejit for 25 mins, and causing me to miss the 9:15 bus. :p

<----heads of to cut yet another replacement lens for the scope protective cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

<----heads of to cut yet another replacement lens for the scope protective cap.

Was it shot out? Try using polycarbonate, Its very strong;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam_Fisher_jk

The sniper game was really enjoyable. 3 snipers in hiding. Took 20 mins to find them, then there was a chase / shootout across 3 fields until finally we cornered them.

yeah, you wouldnt have stood a chance if it werent for the ambush we had planned for yis went tits up when one of the guns didnt fire. and the "tactical withdrawl" would have worked out better if i didnt bunch my ankle on the upturned field. we'll have to do that again.
    And a huge, massive welcome to the newest member of the Ghosts team...me. Cheers to Johhny for the invite to join.

it was actually simon who invited ya. but welcome aboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Just back from my first HRTA. Sadly with only lo-caps I ended up as target fodder but by god did I enjoy it. As Arnie says, I will bebck. Thanks for the loan of the MP7 as well lads just off to order a Hi-Cap :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,004 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

tcob1 wrote:
    Just back from my first HRTA. Sadly with only lo-caps I ended up as target fodder but by god did I enjoy it. As Arnie says, I will bebck. Thanks for the loan of the MP7 as well lads just off to order a Hi-Cap :)

Glad you had a good time! I'm really itching to get back. Starting to get withdrawls at this point.

Think I may get a dose of Sunday sickness at work :)

liamo333 wrote:
    Was it shot out? Try using polycarbonate, Its very strong;)

Well I thought the 5mm thick perspex would have been able to withstand the impact of a bb from 10 feet away, but it just split in two.

I found a 10mm sheet of perspex last night, though it's a pain to cut it to size & shape.

Well I thought the 5mm thick perspex would have been able to withstand the impact of a bb from 10 feet away, but it just split in two.

I found a 10mm sheet of perspex last night, though it's a pain to cut it to size & shape.

What did you use to cut it?

liamo333 wrote:
    What did you use to cut it?

One of those mini-hacksaws. And a tool sharpening bar made a nice file, allowing me to round off the edges. It only took about 5 mins. I really should invest in a Dremel drill though...30 second job then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

dremel ftw!

realistically your gonna need to do a very rough cut and spend quite a deal of time filing and sanding it to shape, cutting polycarbonate into a round shape is difficult enough, use some wet&dry and emery paper to get it right

probably an idea to make a couple of them in one go (clamp them together and file/sand) that way you'll have spares

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Id be surprised if a BB could break a scope objective lens TBH

Rew wrote:

Not something I wanna risk! One chip and it's useless. Quite an expensive scope as well.

Getting slightly back on-topic.
    Looks like the weather next saturday will be not so nice. Warm'ish, but raining alot. Anyone heading to HRTA? I'd hope for a few more people this time around.

Not something I wanna risk! One chip and it's useless. Quite an expensive scope as well.

Well as Iv said before putting an expensive scope on airsoft is madness anyway. Wouldnt chip anyway crack/break but not chip. I reckon the objective on a scope would be harder then the eye protection that everyone is uses so you save enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

rew: at the end of the first day in HRTA, evolute's scope on his g36 was shattered, it was only in place because it was laminated or something, but it was useless, and it wasn't even a big scope it was just a small red dot illuminated scope about 10 cm long

Rew wrote:
    Well as Iv said before putting an expensive scope on airsoft is madness anyway. Wouldnt chip anyway crack/break but not chip. I reckon the objective on a scope would be harder then the eye protection that everyone is uses so you save enough.

It cost about 60 euro...not crazy money, but expensive enough for a scope that is only used for airsoft. Personally, I really find the scope useful. Sometimes all you can see is a few centimetres of a person as they try to hide. The scope makes it much easier to land that shot before they realise that they are exposed.. :D

And of course, it's nice for long range spotting.

60 is cheep!! :D

I was in a market in china and they have scopes, reflex sights, laster sights, red dot sights etc. all easily bought over the counter for next to nothing, incredible value to be had if you want it for airsoft.

Getting slightly back on-topic.
    Looks like the weather next saturday will be not so nice. Warm'ish, but raining alot. Anyone heading to HRTA? I'd hope for a few more people this time around.

ill be there for definite, trigger finger is getting itchy and shooting targets at home just isnt the same :D

Just a forwarning, MaxForce and myself will be heading up on the 13th. I have threatened to force MaxForce into the jeep at BB point :)

tcob1 wrote:
    Just a forwarning, MaxForce and myself will be heading up on the 13th. I have threatened to force MaxForce into the jeep at BB point :)

BB point? What ya gonna do, flick bb's at him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

hah! just flick bb's at him until he cries muhahahah! i'm a bit hyper today

hah! just flick bb's at him until he cries muhahahah! i'm a bit hyper today

Hmm..shouldn't you be in school learning how to do long division or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Hi Lads,

After a few weeks delay getting back up there me and my mate will be going to HRTA for our second bash at it. Hopefully wont be the newbies anymore :rolleyes:

See you then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

Hmm..shouldn't you be in school learning how to do long division or something?
    nope got a day off

and isn't it time that this thread got stickied ?

doesnt really make a difference if it's stickied, it's always on the front page anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whupass wrote:
    rew: at the end of the first day in HRTA, evolute's scope on his g36 was shattered, it was only in place because it was laminated or something, but it was useless, and it wasn't even a big scope it was just a small red dot illuminated scope about 10 cm long
    Yes it did! I got a pic..one sec, maybe two or three...HURRY UP PHOTOBUKET! :) :eek: :eek: :eek:
    DSC00647.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Rew wrote:

Well then be suprised becuase my scope is broken from one bb at about 10 feet away lol nevermind shoulda paid attention to the big pic of my scope broken:P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Need to stick a UV filter on the front of my aug cause the scope is unchageable! Or some perspex.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,004 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    doesnt really make a difference if it's stickied, it's always on the front page anyway :D

If we don't limit the amount of stickies then you'd have to click the 2nd page every time you wanted to see the newest threads! I've had to merge several of them in an attempt to clear up some space.

Not to mention sticking threads about someones business is a bit of a gray area on here.

Sure it's not like it needs it with the amount you lot post on it. ;)

• Advertisement

Need to stick a UV filter on the front of my aug cause the scope is unchageable! Or some perspex.

Is this the CA aug? I didn't know that I'll have to do something too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement