Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Anyone any idea who the Asian guys were last saturday (boards login name) or team name???? , and where they post all the photos and video from the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

Airsofty wrote: »
    Anyone any idea who the Asian guys were last saturday (boards login name) or team name???? , and where they post all the photos and video from the day?
    that's force recon
    not sure if this is their official photo page but a quick google revealed..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fragcdo/2566600294/
    http://fragcdo.com/

thanks pally :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

hrta wrote: »
    I forgot to put this up 2 weeks ago, we now have our Child Protection Policy in place at the site, mel passed and got her cert 2 weeks ago.

http://www.omc.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=120

http://www.omc.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?Docid=881&CatID=13&mn=&StartDate=1+January+2008

Congrats to Mel! :D

What impact does this have on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    ooookay

about the fact that you talked to paul? Thats a funny thing to need to confirm, he talks to a lot of people. I'm sorry but your not the first, he is a charmer.

Cracking out teh alibi already eh? Who sounds guily of adultery :p

This is a retailers forum so this is HRTA's thread, i can't see this being locked but its cool i got my tinfoil hat on

Adultery isn't really controversial although man on man is nasty.

Woot shilin' and pimpin' in a retailers thread. :cool:

You sound like by talkin you have set off a "controversy bomb!"
    Looks like that fuse went out ages ago (if it was even lit)

Everyone to the bunker, controversy bomb incoming! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Hope to be there myself this weekend, is Sunday the hot day now? Or at least the day when I can expect to get shot be people I know. Otherwise, I expect cold and wet, and Richie setting fire to contents of yet another cabin while Paul tries to talk someone into buying fuel for the tank, and Andy explains the rules of yet another convoluted but enjoyable scenario.

By the way, if we pool together and get pre-paid SIM cards, and two people donate an old phone (come on, we all have them!) then we can run bomb scenarios with those, anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Turns out I'm busy both days this weekend. Loada ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

that's force recon
    not sure if this is their official photo page but a quick google revealed..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fragcdo/2566600294/
    http://fragcdo.com/

Wow they're organised!

On a side note should be there as usual on Sat, started going for the full day now, we seem to be spending a bit more time in between games now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bluesunshine

Well, despite all the controversy thats been started. I was right. Getting down to the game. And we are all into our games, I hope. No one there wants to just sit and talk about games all day, I hope. After all we all like to get out for a good game. Who is going to be there? Still no answer despite writing to the teams about this competition.
    You need 9 team players, who are up for a good game and a bit of craic. Thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The only controversy was how eclectic and paranoid your post was, and that little bit of messing only lasted three posts. That ranks it less controversial than my singing Avril Lavigne songs during skirmishes, that at least got a few pages.
    There is also the possibility that noone wants to be involved in the competition. Not ragging on your idea, fair play for setting it up, but some of the teams are involved in the IPAL. Other teams contain a lot of members who are students, this being the start of the student year again, the next few weeks are a rather busy time so the teams might not be able to scare up nine bodies for a competition and put the relevant training in.
    Just a thought...

Anyway, onto something that is controversial; my attendance.
    I probably won't be there this Sunday, but on the off chance I find my way out of the bed of whoever I slept with the night before at a reasonable hour, I shall try to get there before lunch. I'll be wearing a hat, shades and ear plugs and probably swaying from side to side a bit.

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    Anyway, onto something that is controversial; my attendance.
    I probably won't be there this Sunday, but on the off chance I find my way out of the bed of whoever I slept with the night before at a reasonable hour, I shall try to get there before lunch. I'll be wearing a hat, shades and ear plugs and probably swaying from side to side a bit.

Is that from the sense of freedom from being let out for a bit? I trust that as usual they'll be back later with the tranquilliser darts and the box to collect you...

I have a photo shoot Saturday evening and a party full of models and drunk arty types that night, including a few arts students who are apprenticing the shoot.

If I can't nail one of the models, which I think I can since I've done the ground work on two of them already, there's always the fall back procedure of throwing the lips on a drunk arts student. Give them half a bottle of WKD and they're on you like white on rice. Whether I make it to HRTA or not depends on how close her house is to Swords...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

What dex means is....
    Hes gonna go and Roide the hand off himself on the weekend...

:D:p

At least I'd be doing it with someone I love...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Andy if you ever make urself a bomb and refuse to co-operate im not carrying you. My legs are STILL killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

could anyone heading tonight make a couple of pick-ups on the malahide road??

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Am finally getting up on saturday THANK YOU GOD!,still havent got my ACU yetr but im gonna bring back whiteskulls application form though.
    Who else is coming up?.:confused:

In case any of you tell me that people are bringing food to HRTA, just stop right there. I know about it. I've seen it. I was going to post here about the picnic I'm planning at HRTA but I know what people are like. People tell lies about picnics. But this is the true story so sit down and pay attention.

I mentioned it before, I'm sure Paul heard me. I think. No one listens these days. The single-room killhouse at the North end, the one with the little smiley face on it belying the true savage nature of man in times of war. Sunday 21st. 3.41pm. Exactly 5 people, one of whom must be an atheist of Belgian extraction. Bring small boiled beets, eggs, mayo, bread and parsley. But no ham. Ham is made from flattened sliced pigs and is for losers, who don't take picnics seriously. People just talk about picnics but no-one's into the serious deal these days. Real eating, like men do it. You have to confirm by written letter, and I better not know you. If I do, I'm on to you. I know your game. You won't take me alive, not this time.

I'm probably going to get banned for saying all this, or even thinking about picnics. Nobody likes food, but it's the hard truth. Food is real. This thread is going to get locked and HRTA gets closed down, then go to SuperMacs. I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Great night last night Paul. Flippin hell does it get dark quickly but when the new lighting tower (9+ meters high - in the middle of the cqb area) kicked in -:eek: wow! :eek:

Super game of capture and hold the mid-cabin, which just kept changing sides. Great games everyone and nice nade work Keith.;)

Guys we gotta get some practice moving like ninja's from shadow to shadow before Phoenix Rising 2! (Like Andy G was doing later last night);)

Really makes you think before you stick your head out into the light. Great addition to the site, and opens up some new interesting game possibilities. The village is a whole lot scarrier at night!:D

Thanks Paul!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this:
    I'm most likely going to be going Saturday again, but I'm running out of BBs.
    Will there be any retailers there that stock Excel BBs?

I'd like to purchase .20g and .25g ones. Please PM me :)

See yas there.

• Advertisement

paul has the G&G .25 bio's and the regular .2s..,:)

My problem is that Systema's tend to shred BBs unless they're pretty high quality.
    I haven't tried using the G&G ones yet- I'll give it a bash Saturday.

Is that .2g G&G ones as well as .25g G&G or are the .2g ones a different brand?

nope, their all G&G. he might have some excels too. i have a few guns that are very pickey about what BBs they'll take but they all work fine with G&G and excels.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Great night last night Paul. Flippin hell does it get dark quickly but when the new lighting tower (9+ meters high - in the middle of the cqb area) kicked in -:eek: wow! :eek:

Super game of capture and hold the mid-cabin, which just kept changing sides. Great games everyone and nice nade work Keith.;)

Guys we gotta get some practice moving like ninja's from shadow to shadow before Phoenix Rising 2! (Like Andy G was doing later last night);)

Really makes you think before you stick your head out into the light. Great addition to the site, and opens up some new interesting game possibilities. The village is a whole lot scarrier at night!:D

Thanks Paul!;)
    Thanks defenderdude

The new lights will open up some great games and the snipers will love it, it's a snipers dream with all the shadows:D

nhedge wrote: »
    My problem is that Systema's tend to shred BBs unless they're pretty high quality.
    I haven't tried using the G&G ones yet- I'll give it a bash Saturday.

Is that .2g G&G ones as well as .25g G&G or are the .2g ones a different brand?

I will only have the G&G .2g i have sold out of the .25g last weekend.

.2g will keep me going :)

Thanks Paul.

Hay Paul,Richie here, was talking to ya lastnight, Dont forget to climb up on the new tower and take a 360 Shot of the site and ill upload it as a 3D Model for ya...

Airsofty wrote: »
    Hay Paul,Richie here, was talking to ya lastnight, Dont forget to climb up on the new tower and take a 360 Shot of the site and ill upload it as a 3D Model for ya...

i wont forget, i hope:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

Hi
    I just wondering is anyone going past Roganstown bridge on saterday morning about 10:20 to head up to hrta, that can give me a lift up.
    Thanks
    Og

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

So who's out tomorrow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement