Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Just back from a great day of skirmishing =]

Just wish people would call theres hits...Not looking at
    anybody in particular :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Doomofman wrote: »
    Indeed.. I'm going for the first time tomorrow... Should be a great laugh... I've read from people on here that the regulars are really helpful to us new guys...

Aye, pretty much everyone's nice to new folk, it's what keeps the sport going.

Bunch of the Hawks should be out tomorrow, we've mostly all got our multicam sorted too. You could get docrolled, in 3D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Aye, pretty much everyone's nice to new folk, it's what keeps the sport going.

Bunch of the Hawks should be out tomorrow, we've mostly all got our multicam sorted too. You could get docrolled, in 3D!!!

Em ... docrolled? In 3d????? :confused:

Em ... docrolled? In 3d????? :confused:

I am as confused as you are....:rolleyes:

Hey I am just wondering, Does anyody know anything about those photos that "Contractor" dude was taking today ?? Would love to get my hands on some of them! Or if anyody else was taking photos of today could you please post em for me =]

• Advertisement

Right anyone any more tips for my first HRTA experience tomorrow? I'm way too excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Right anyone any more tips for my first HRTA experience tomorrow? I'm way too excited :D

Boots and 2 sets of socks

Boots and 2 sets of socks

Why boots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Pick up your litter after you.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Bring charged batterys.
    Load your mags now.
    Dont carry stuff ya dont need.
    Bring water.
    Shoot people.
    Try not to get shot.

Dont litter......

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    Bring charged batterys.
    Load your mags now.
    Dont carry stuff ya dont need.
    Bring water.
    Shoot people.
    Try not to get shot.

Dont litter......

Batteries are charged. Mags are loaded. Liquid will be bought before I go tomorrow.

How many midcaps would you go through in a round?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Water, precious water...
    bring...lots...
    Well that's if you do a lot of sprinting and diving through bus windows...
    Still a must regardless

Water, precious water...
    bring...lots...
    Well that's if you do a lot of sprinting and diving through bus windows...
    Still a must regardless

I probably wouldn't fit through a bus window let alone have the agility to jump through one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Loading midcaps the day before will weaken the spring.
    Dont load low or midcaps.

My... no.. actually... I hurt :D

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Loading midcaps the day before will weaken the spring.
    Dont load low or midcaps.

Thats a bit of a wives tale to be honest conor, i tested it out my leaving a fully loaded set if midcaps in my bag for 3 weeks.,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

hey all just letting ya all know i will have some new games written up for the site with in the next 2/3 weeks such as ambush new variant of medic and V.I.P rescue ETC and many more all ideas welcome too guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

andy_g wrote: »
    hey all just letting ya all know i will have some new games written up for the site with in the next 2/3 weeks such as ambush new variant of medic and V.I.P rescue ETC and many more all ideas welcome too guys :)

That was great yesterday, excellent games and well-run as usual. That 'VIP-in-the-bus' routine is getting better and better. Maybe a variation, to get the VIP into the top of the bus?

I'll PM you in the next week or so with some ideas like we discussed; I still think the phones aspect is cheaper and easier than rigging up a listening system with cable, but that's not my call to make.

I'm toying with a 'drop zone' scenario, a negotiation scenario, and an insurgency scenario. I don't know if they'll be too complex but you're the expert and I'll let you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

agree on the spring thing - long term, I don't know. But I am generally not unloading my mags from week to week and haven't had a problem yet.

I'm planning on opening them up and cleaning them as I've got three now that aren't working too well (not spring related) so will have a better idea on what the springs look like now as opposed to before - will report back.

I nearly forgot! Thanks to all for a great day's gaming yesterday - it was epic! Although personally I had a lacklustre day, getting bang-killed a record number of times in one afternoon. I don't think anyone has ever been bang-killed that many times in a couple of hours.

And mot of those by my own team-mates, too. Special award to DOC, who talked me into putting my gun down before bang-killing me. Revenge will be mine! Ah well. Great to see you all, and finally get to meet Busta and Doom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

haha im still laughing about it

brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has ever been bang-killed that many times in a couple of hours.

And mot of those by my own team-mates, too.

As long as we're not splitting players up by camo, there's a simple solution to this lads - passwords.

Or even Red team/Blue team. Challenge with the word "Team?, shoot on the wrong answer.

Easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

or armbands.

or armbands.

Tried already at HRTA. They keep getting lost, or people forget they're wearing them and bring them home.

My best moment was one of my team nearly falling over me while I was prone in the grass with the SSG. "Oh F$%&! I didn't see you."

Multicam may look like babysick, and it may not work everywhere, but damn, its effective.

BTW, the SSG is wrapped in Realtree(tm) AP tape now.

OzCam wrote: »
    As long as we're not splitting players up by camo, there's a simple solution to this lads - passwords.

Or even Red team/Blue team. Challenge with the word "Team?, shoot on the wrong answer.

Easy.
    or armbands.

Ah, you misunderstand, lads. It was a 'get a man in the enemy base' game, with traitors. There was a misunderstanding about the respawning of traitors, so after I shot Doc and he respawned, I was going to drill him from 3 metres, he convinced me that he wasn't the traitor anymore. Talked me into lowering the gun. Then he shot me. LOL.

Then the marshalls changed it, and the next traitor got me too (That was Fayer, and I can only blame myself for it).

And in the game before that, one of the lads started chatting to me, and just as it dawned on me that he mightn't be on my team... He bang-killed me. That was great social engineering - "Oh and by the way. Bang".

I'm no fan of the bang-kill (Can't stand it, usually), but those and the young fella who got me earlier in the afternoon were all great use of the bang-kill. Great play, everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Was it Richie?
    Cause i recall him walking away from there saying
    "Anyone who says multicam doesn't work needs their eyes tested"

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Was it Richie?
    Cause i recall him walking away from there saying
    "Anyone who says multicam doesn't work needs their eyes tested"

I wasnt involved in the game at that time, i was fixing some of the structures. when i said it the reason was, as I was walking towards you lads i only noticed Ozcam what about 20ft to my left at a bush in open field. i didnt notice him at all until he had moved so i said "and who said multicam doesnt work in our enviornment". I hadnt spotted him at all and he was really close to me.,

@kev, i agree as far as the bang kill rule goes, i hate it and it always leads to arguements. i had something similar with one of the lads yesterday who said to me,
    "Bang! bye bye, cya"
    or something to that effect, I would usually have taken it but because he was being smart about it, i just shot him in the leg and said "Bangs a courtesey, now be good take your hits. but we sorted it out, I dont think a lot of people actually understand the bang kill rule.

vtec wrote: »
    I wasnt involved in the game at that time, i was fixing some of the structures. when i said it the reason was, as I was walking towards you lads i only noticed Ozcam what about 20ft to my left at a bush in open field. i didnt notice him at all until he had moved so i said "and who said multicam doesnt work in our enviornment". I hadnt spotted him at all and he was really close to me.,

@kev, i agree as far as the bang kill rule goes, i hate it and it always leads to arguements. i had something similar with one of the lads yesterday who said to me,
    "Bang! bye bye, cya"
    or something to that effect, I would usually have taken it but because he was being smart about it, i just shot him in the leg and said "Bangs a courtesey, now be good take your hits. but we sorted it out, I dont think a lot of people actually understand the bang kill rule.

Ah sure you should have seen dr peppers demonstration of the why the bang kill rule is stupid yesterday... Was pretty good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

strange to see the differance between sites, bang bang rule is used all the time in cork without an issue, its seen as a bit of bragging right,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement