Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Doomofman wrote: »
    Ah sure you should have seen dr peppers demonstration of the why the bang kill rule is stupid yesterday... Was pretty good :D

The bang kill rule ain't stupid as the 2 lads in the bus will testify as they stared down the barrel of my m15 after i took the whole team out.
    Its just that people use it wrong.

If you ain't pointing your gun right at me with a zero percent chance of missing then I'm gonna take my chances and shoot you back.

The demonstration was to prove that running and shooting is hard so running and bang killing is retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

vtec wrote: »
    ....as the bang kill rule goes, i hate it and it always leads to arguements. i had something similar with one of the lads yesterday who said to me,
    "Bang! bye bye, cya"
    or something to that effect, I would usually have taken it but because he was being smart about it, i just shot him in the leg and said "Bangs a courtesey, now be good take your hits. but we sorted it out, I dont think a lot of people actually understand the bang kill rule.

Agreed Richie,

Unless your going to do serious damage by shooting someone (which should not be the case whit the equipment we use) bang kills just cause arguments!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    The demonstration was to prove that running and shooting is hard so running and bang killing is retarded.

Not only did he miss, I shot him in the pinkie :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Puding wrote: »
    strange to see the differance between sites, bang bang rule is used all the time in cork without an issue, its seen as a bit of bragging right,

Thats exactly the point, its used as a "1 up" on other players and thats not what its for, its a safety proceedure and should be treated as such, you get people adding up their bang kills and then ya get examples whereby someone will ge into a kill house with 5 people in there, then shout bang bang abng bang bang!. now in reality theres no chance he would have been able to get them all and this is where the arguements begin.,
    Personally i would only ever bang kill someone if my only option was to shoot them in the face, other than that your getting shot no questions asked.

on a seperate note. i shot a guy while storming the bus yesterday, this is one place i think there should be an absolute no bang kills rule. If ya get on board then you have to accept theres gonna be close quaters fighting. so i didnt offer one. but anyway. i shot him a double tap in the face, unintentionaly of course since his head was the first thing he stuck out and i didnt get the opertunity to apologise so if hes on here he'll read this.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah bang kill rule seems just immesnisly miss understood.

The annoying part for me is when people bang you, and assume your dead. As happend on Sunday which led to some confusion, as me and fayer lay behind a bus, an opposing member stormed around the bus, in front of us and shouted bang bang bang, I shot him, and he seem baffled.

I personally, take a bang kill if someone gets the jump on me, or I feel I cant draw on them without being shot. However someone who bang kills me in front of me, is going to get shot in fairness.

You will never,ever hear me complain about being shot from close, its just not in my nature , but also, I accept i play a game where i get shot at :)

But its getting so ****ing annoying at this stage when people are banging killing through walls, blind bang killing, springing out and shouting bang and assuming your dead.

The only row that I'm ever going to get involved in, is when I dont take a bang kill and shoot them and they have a go at me, then im going to lose the rag.

As I've said so so so many times before.

If you dont like being shot, or cant bare the "pain", stay in the distance and snipe..dont get up close and personal.

But I had a cracking day yesterday and thought the games ran well, I thought the play was fantastic...and I was highly impressed with how quickly a group of new players in the second half of the day grasped the rules and their honour. I had to say to some guy, who took a git from me, that I was pretty sure i hit him with a richochet and that I'd move away and let him respawn on the spot.

Great day though, haha kev :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

im only new to airsoft and i will have to sound like a newibe for a second and ask what is the bang kill rule??

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

a bang kill would be where you are in very close proximity to someone who hasnt noticed you are there and you are pointing your gun at them. Instead of hitting them you would call a bang kill. Its nicer than getting hit at close range from one of the guns.

However it is a courtesy and can cause some controversy. Personally I dont like bang kills in the killhouses but I did bang kill a few people when I would sneak around the corner and be pointing the gun at them rite in front of them.
    However Id prefer to do away with it. If you're wearing the correct protection then you should not have a problem getting hit at close range.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

I'm based in Blackrock,

is HRTA the closest location to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Thats exactly the point, its used as a "1 up" on other players and thats not what its for, its a safety proceedure and should be treated as such, you get people adding up their bang kills and then ya get examples whereby someone will ge into a kill house with 5 people in there, then shout bang bang abng bang bang!. now in reality theres no chance he would have been able to get them all and this is where the arguements begin.,
    Personally i would only ever bang kill someone if my only option was to shoot them in the face, other than that your getting shot no questions asked.

again highlighting the differences, although it’s no good saying its stupid because of your experiences with something, it work fine for use with no issues

when i say its bragging rights for cork its very different to the problems your explaining, bang kill to use would be more of a silent kill without giving your position away, creeping up behind player we follow the dead men tell no tales rule and the 2 work together well

we just seem to have a different demographic and game style down south that suits the rules

just beacuse its a 'safety' rule does not mean it can not add and interesting and fun gameplay dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

ah cool thanks for clearing that up for me. i live in bray and i think HRTA is the closest one to me from what i have heard

• Advertisement

Puding wrote:
    again highlighting the differences, although it’s no good saying its stupid because of your experiences with something, it work fine for use with no issues

I play this game to shoot people, i go in there with the knowledge that i could get shot in the face, it doesnt stop me playing because thats a risk i have to take if i want to play the game.

Puding wrote:
    when i say its bragging rights for cork its very different to the problems your explaining, bang kill to use would be more of a silent kill without giving your position away, creeping up behind player we follow the dead men tell no tales rule and the 2 work together well

we just seem to have a different demographic and game style down south that suits the rules

just beacuse its a 'safety' rule does not mean it can not add and interesting and fun gameplay dynamic

but then people go out with the objective of getting bang kills, and not actually shooting people so they have bragging rights at the end of the day. If you want to silent kill someone then get a really quiet gun, you should not be able to manipulate the safety proceedures to gain an advantage, in reality, you would have to shoot the person and make noise doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I wasnt involved in the game at that time, i was fixing some of the structures. when i said it the reason was, as I was walking towards you lads i only noticed Ozcam what about 20ft to my left at a bush in open field. i didnt notice him at all until he had moved so i said "and who said multicam doesnt work in our enviornment". I hadnt spotted him at all and he was really close to me.,

@kev, i agree as far as the bang kill rule goes, i hate it and it always leads to arguements. i had something similar with one of the lads yesterday who said to me,
    "Bang! bye bye, cya"
    or something to that effect, I would usually have taken it but because he was being smart about it, i just shot him in the leg and said "Bangs a courtesey, now be good take your hits. but we sorted it out, I dont think a lot of people actually understand the bang kill rule.

I saw that, was a few feet away, smarmy git.

I've personally had 3 or 4o stand-up rows with lads on the field about bang kills at this point. Stupid rule.

I play this game to shoot people, i go in there with the knowledge that i could get shot in the face, it doesnt stop me playing because thats a risk i have to take if i want to play the game.

i play airsoft, does not mean i shot people, i play to complete and ojective and many a time without fireing a shot, that small differance seems to be what makes all the differance with the way people play and how rules work
    but then people go out with the objective of getting bang kills, and not actually shooting people so they have bragging rights at the end of the day. If you want to silent kill someone then get a really quiet gun, you should not be able to manipulate the safety proceedures to gain an advantage, in reality, you would have to shoot the person and make noise doing so.

well with us you could class a large number of them under the knife kill rule, but same differance.

interesting points, 'manipulate the safety proceedures ' never had problem or even had anyone i know see it that way, all depends on where you play and who you play with, like i said you problems seem a bit alien to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

fleet wrote: »
    I'm based in Blackrock,

is HRTA the closest location to me?

Yes, probably. There are no Southside sites that I'm aware of. It's a bit of a trek from Blackrock though, and if you don't have a car you'll almost certainly need to organise blagging a lift off someone else.

Worth the effort though, it's the biggest site around and on a good day you'll have plenty of fellow players!

i play airsoft, does not mean i shot people, i play to complete and ojective and many a time without fireing a shot, that small differance seems to be what makes all the differance with the way people play and how rules work

well with us you could class a large number of them under the knife kill rule, but same differance.

interesting points, 'manipulate the safety proceedures ' never had problem or even had anyone i know see it that way, all depends on where you play and who you play with, like i said you problems seem a bit alien to me

It's a guideline on this site, is all. I think the difference is in how many 'walk-on' players you deal with, how well you know each other, and the understanding of what type of game/style you're playing.

I suspect that in your site that you all know each other a bit better and can work better with bang-kills. We do see some truly ludicrous use of the 'bang' up here. Would you take a bang-kill from 15 metres? The odds are that with your players you aren't going to encounter it, but we have. I do think it's partly from walk-ons who haven't learned about what you should or shouldn't do, or people who get too caught up in the moment (adrenaline) and get carried away.

My original point in mentioning it was that I encountered it in good faith in situations where they could have taken my head off but didn't, and I respect that. The other lads have encountered some blatant misuse of it and it tests your patience when you get that, as well as other forms of cheating.

I suspect that in your site that you all know each other a bit better and can work better with bang-kills. We do see some truly ludicrous use of the 'bang' up here. Would you take a bang-kill from 15 metres? The odds are that with your players you aren't going to encounter it, but we have. I do think it's partly from walk-ons who haven't learned about what you should or shouldn't do, or people who get too caught up in the moment (adrenaline) and get carried away.

could not agree more , goes back to my orginal post, i find the how different rules play out at different site/locations interesting, and just because a set rule does or does not work at a specific location does not mean its a bad rule or a stupid rule as people are so quick to say, it just means it need to be tailored to the specific environment

i play airsoft, does not mean i shot people,

If thats the logic you apply to airsoft then you should take up a sport that doesnt involve projectiles flying past you at high speeds. this is a "shooting" or "tagging" sport afterall and your point of "doesnt mean i shoot people" seems very alien to me. you must save a fortune on BBs.,

@kev,
    Yes i agree completely. ive seen some crazy examples in the past including one issue where by a players shouted "BANG" at me from no less than about 60ft away, i could barely hear him nevermind his chances of hitting me if he shot, as he said it i took aim and gave him a 3 shot burst to the body which he then returned. so i shot him again and then he went off in a rant about how he bang killed me, even though he couldnt actually hit me when he fired., this was witnessed by a load of the regular players who were just as shocked as i was. to save arguement i took the hit and went to the sidelines and the guy continued on through the game to fire on my team mates.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Well At first I thought the bang kill was a great idea, but after my first two skirmishes I can say that I honestly hate the propspect of it.

I was on the bus at HRTA on saterday and some guy ran up to the window and banged killed me from the otherside of the bus despite the stairs that covered me :S I was really annoyed as well as he got about 3 of us on the bottome floor which is ridiculus as one of us would have go him before he go all of us.

kevteljeur wrote: »
    We do see some truly ludicrous use of the 'bang' up here. Would you take a bang-kill from 15 metres?
    @kev,
    Yes i agree completely. ive seen some crazy examples in the past including one issue where by a players shouted "BANG" at me from no less than about 60ft away, i could barely hear him nevermind his chances of hitting me if he shot, as he said it i took aim and gave him a 3 shot burst to the body which he then returned. so i shot him again and then he went off in a rant about how he bang killed me, even though he couldnt actually hit me when he fired., this was witnessed by a load of the regular players who were just as shocked as i was. to save arguement i took the hit and went to the sidelines and the guy continued on through the game to fire on my team mates.,

:D Yeah, I was 3 metres behind you (all my regens used up), watching it all happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Yes, probably. There are no Southside sites that I'm aware of. It's a bit of a trek from Blackrock though, and if you don't have a car you'll almost certainly need to organise blagging a lift off someone else.

Worth the effort though, it's the biggest site around and on a good day you'll have plenty of fellow players!

I'm a pro at public transport! :pac:

Few questions for people (yes I've read the guides and watched the videos!)

I'm thinking saturday, what time should a newb like me aim to be there?

Can I rent gear?

How much is entry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

tbh honest sunday was one of the better days of i have been at in a while not bang kill craic(Apart from that guy running around the side of the bus shouting bang:D) i seen one or two bang kills which were pretty much textbook very very close proximity a definite shot and the person on the recieving end knew it. for me a bang kill is when someone has a definite shot and that person knows it.

iam sure everyone has tried on that whole thing of running into a kill house shouting bang and aiming in someone's general direction(i did it once and got 2 in the chest and fair play i went and respawned). i think the bag kill should really depend on the type of scenario ie:room clearing NO bang kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

penguin-o7 wrote: »
    ie:room clearing NO bang kill.

Couldn't agree more!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

i gotta say there was a guy wearing a belt with blue shotgun shells on it on sun and he performed a great bang kill by popping over the cover in the village near the blue building ...... but i was standing at the edge of the blue building saw him pop over he got his kill and took a shower to the chest.

i gotta say as long as somone doesent point blank me in the face im happy to only take the hit as opposed to bang kill

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

I found a plastic 50rd MP5 magazine on Saturday, forgot to hand it in upon leaving. Will post it to anyone that can prove its theirs free of charge.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

unintentionaly of course since his head was the first thing he stuck out and i didnt get the opertunity to apologise so if hes on here he'll read this.,:)

Don't worry, he thought it was cool, defending that bus is the biz.
    Scary stuff when you hear people downstairs.

But anyway when i know there may be people within 10 feet of me i switch to semi then carry on.
    If i see someone i say "bang" they have one second to take it or get one in the leg.
    But for certain people the rule varies, some days there's people you've seen not taking hits all day, they get it straight away in the chest.
    The only warning they get is the gears moving....

For friends it's just bang then i leave it because i know they'd take it, well, for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Will there be any skirmishing on this Sunday morning or will it be only open for the family day?

I found a plastic 50rd MP5 magazine on Saturday, forgot to hand it in upon leaving. Will post it to anyone that can prove its theirs free of charge.

Steve

I think thats the chap who was dressed in Full SWAT Loadout...Or maybe he was using metal clips...Either way, He had Red tape on them. Dont know his name sorry, Maybe somebody else does ?? He seemed like a regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

He had some with red and some with blue tape actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

you seem to have been studying him quite closely . is he your type m8?

• Advertisement

Now that you mentione it he did, ut alas his Mp5s were red =]

And I remember it because I spent about half the game teamed up with him and then there was the pile in into a one room killhouse and getting pinned down lol, Not fun xD My,my I am very observant lol

It most likly is his as I remember he just dropped his maggs out instead of using dump bags, then picked em up after he got hit or after firefight...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement