Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

vtec wrote: »
    I wasnt involved in the game at that time, i was fixing some of the structures. when i said it the reason was, as I was walking towards you lads i only noticed Ozcam what about 20ft to my left at a bush in open field. i didnt notice him at all until he had moved so i said "and who said multicam doesnt work in our enviornment". I hadnt spotted him at all and he was really close to me.,

Correct. I would have said that earlier, but have been offline for a few hours :eek:

I don't recall whether vtec said that before or after the other player nearly walked on me, but it was around the same time. I think he was wearing SWAT gear, but I was concentrating on a target.

...(getting) like hoping to be as good as vtec, but with no PEZ and even more Multicam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I think thats the chap who was dressed in Full SWAT Loadout...Or maybe he was using metal clips...Either way, He had Red tape on them. Dont know his name sorry, Maybe somebody else does ?? He seemed like a regular.

The guy dressed in swat loadout was steve, aka "airsofteire.com", the guy who found the mag.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

I lost an mp5 mag about a month ago at hrta. Its a plastic one thats holds 80 bought in eirsoft. might be mine but that was a month ago and you said 50.

I found a plastic 50rd MP5 magazine on Saturday, forgot to hand it in upon leaving. Will post it to anyone that can prove its theirs free of charge.

Steve

It was one of these http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=182

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Yeh, that was me, red mags are 100rds, blue ones are 50rds. Don't like plastic mags so this is no real use to me. :)

Turns out the plastic magazine is 100rds, not 50. I'll send it out to you Irishmaster if no-one claims it this week. Or should I leave it at HRTA next time? :confused:

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tomd

fleet wrote: »
    I'm based in Blackrock,

is HRTA the closest location to me?

port tunnel is only three euro on a sat or sun, so it's about 29 KM to blackrock by my sat nav

tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I found a plastic 50rd MP5 magazine on Saturday, forgot to hand it in upon leaving. Will post it to anyone that can prove its theirs free of charge.

Steve

That would be mine. Good man yourself. Twas lost last Wednesday. Somewhere between the bus and the middle portacabin. DOC can verify this for me I hope. I have it written on the Lost and found in the sign in Portacabin.

Ok it doesnt matter ill just have to buy another one for a 5er!:p
    I usually buy from airsofteire so i might just get one of those G&P ones
    tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sam Fisher

Bang kill is courtesy. As been said before, we all know what we are getting ourselves into when we step into the field. Getting shot in close range is part of it. But still, I doubt anyone out there enjoys getting hit by BBs. If I have someone in my sights and they don't realise that I was there and I know I have the drop on him, I would normally ask them to give it up (within or outside the bang kill distance). And I am glad to say no one has turned and fired at me. I think it's down to the two individuals involved and the situation. Some people wouldn't like being bang killed, and someone else would say they don't appreciate getting shot at close range.

One quick story from Sunday... I was clearing out the 6-room kill house in one of the games. Went around the corner and I bang killed someone but said he had me bang killed first. Wanted to dispute, but somehow I didn't and just walked away. On hindsight, I am glad because later on, I was going upstairs on the bus to rescue the VIP, the same guy was lying on the deck with a MP5 RIS point at my head within a arm's lengths. If I argued with him earlier, he could just easily put one in my head. Instead he went "bang". Couldn't argue with him there......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

The guy dressed in swat loadout was steve, aka "
    airsofteire.com", the guy who found the mag.,

Beggin your pardon, I am new so I dont have a clue about names :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yes that would be Tommys he lost some mags the other night..

Good stuff, i'll send it out asap.

Steve

Just wondering, Are you allowed to bang kill If your say out of ammo, battery Or you AEG just malfunctioned ??

Cause its happened to me way to many times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

NO!!

You can only bang kill if you could fire a bb instead.

You have to be honest about it.

This is one of the reasons I dislike this rule.
    Sure I know that if I run out of gas on my sidearm, I'm going to put it away and not use it to bang kill people, but that's not saying that others will as well.

If you can't fire you can't bang.

Damn that stupid kid in a tree then =[

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    That would be mine. Good man yourself. Twas lost last Wednesday. Somewhere between the bus and the middle portacabin. DOC can verify this for me I hope. I have it written on the Lost and found in the sign in Portacabin.

I sent the mag out to you, don't worry about the postage, was only a euro and a bit. At least you got it back eh. :)

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jamseylad

I wasnt involved in the game at that time, i was fixing some of the structures. when i said it the reason was, as I was walking towards you lads i only noticed Ozcam what about 20ft to my left at a bush in open field. i didnt notice him at all until he had moved so i said "and who said multicam doesnt work in our enviornment". I hadnt spotted him at all and he was really close to me.,

@kev, i agree as far as the bang kill rule goes, i hate it and it always leads to arguements. i had something similar with one of the lads yesterday who said to me,
    "Bang! bye bye, cya"
    or something to that effect, I would usually have taken it but because he was being smart about it, i just shot him in the leg and said "Bangs a courtesey, now be good take your hits. but we sorted it out, I dont think a lot of people actually understand the bang kill rule.

That Would have been me Richie. And as i explained i was not being smart or nasty, i just didnt think you would like me to have shot you at 2 feet away. But as we both said, i would prefare to be shot, then there is no dispute.Bang kill is over used. I walked up the stairs of the bus and got shot twice in the face at point blank...eh....that's the game, i didnt get thick with the guy for shooting me cause i would have done the same. And i hate that **** about going bang bang bang and shooting 3 people in a kill house, could not be done if you where to fire the AEG.
    It's a crap rule!!!!

Just to say that this Sunday was the best ive played since i started to go to HRTA. Band of Hawks are a great bunch of lads. and the rescue the V.I.P was a great game, very intense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

cheers man, yore a sound fella.
    i may have just interpreted it as being a bit smart but like all decent players we agree to dissagree on the field and get over it., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I sent the mag out to you, don't worry about the postage, was only a euro and a bit. At least you got it back eh. :)

Steve

Much appreciated Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

although im only new at HRTA i love the site for exactly this reason

i dont think anyone here has said "i would get so pissed off if hit from close quaters"

it seems we all have had an overdose of sensible pills we know that when we go out on the feild we might get shot and would prefer to go out like men (albeyit running around dressed as army men with toy guns) than have the nancyboy bang rule enforced. i got shot in the back of the head last weekend but i found the fact that i was playing army as opposed to decorating the guy next to me with the contents of my skull kinda funny. i wont stick my head out that much again. If you dont wanna get hit in the face we wear a face mask simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lads, never really gave this much thought but does paul use the Knife kill rule, AKA tap them on the shoulder and say "knife kill"? If you're not able to touch them, shoot them in the leg, once. If you can "knife kill" then I doubt anyone will refuse it with a muzzle 6" from their nose:p

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

if you get that close to them then you deserve the kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

Lads, never really gave this much thought but does paul use the Knife kill rule, AKA tap them on the shoulder and say "knife kill"? If you're not able to touch them, shoot them in the leg, once. If you can "knife kill" then I doubt anyone will refuse it with a muzzle 6" from their nose:p

i would take a knife kill if they can touch me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I think I tore every muscle in both my legs on sunday :P I can barely walk still...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

if you get that close to them then you deserve the kill.

With supports gunning they wont hear you if you're carefull, thing is getting behind enemy lines in teh first place(cept in fingal, I destroyed them from the rear there :p).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Iif you touched me id react badly, i have done so before and kicked a guy off the field for pushing another guy.
    Thats generally the situation you come across.
    Airsoft is a non contact sport so kinfe kills are not needed and i highly advise against em.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

would eradicate the need for bang kills and confusion

Have to say personally i dont mind them..

but no doubt safety soft will be on about rubber knives :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

still cant use rubber knives though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

A bang kill story from this morning..

My friend got behind three lads, said bang to each, and it wasn't a case of shouting bang randomly, they were in a line, easily would of been shot, two took their hits, then a third said he wasn't going to take it because there was someone on our team who he was shooting at not taking his hits..
    So my friend shot him once, because bang kill is a Courtesy, then your man shot him three times in the face....
    only had goggles on..
    When the lad was confronted by the marshals he said he was only joking...

But he did have a lovely RPK though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

are games going ahead as normal tomorrow alongside the family day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement