Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

andy_g wrote: »
    still cant use rubber knives though

I have seen some people rocking up with rubber knives and bayonets. Let me make this abundantly clear from two different points of view to anyone dumb enough to bring one to a skirmish.

As a marshal, if I see you with one on the field - you are going home and you are not getting a refund.

As a player, if you pull one of those rubber knives on me be prepared to use it because I fully intend to break which ever hand is holding it.

Brandishing anything resembling a blade at any one during a skirmish is grounds for a Darwin award - especially with some of the people who turn up to skirmishes, many of whom are going to even less lenient on the issue than I am.

(not directed at you andy, just a general point that needs to be hammered home).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

A bang kill story from this morning..

My friend got behind three lads, said bang to each, and it wasn't a case of shouting bang randomly, they were in a line, easily would of been shot, two took their hits, then a third said he wasn't going to take it because there was someone on our team who he was shooting at not taking his hits..
    So my friend shot him once, because bang kill is a Courtesy, then your man shot him three times in the face....
    only had goggles on..
    When the lad was confronted by the marshals he said he was only joking...

But he did have a lovely RPK though.

Pfft, some people dont deserve rpk's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

My friend got behind three lads, said bang to each, and it wasn't a case of shouting bang randomly, they were in a line, easily would of been shot, two took their hits, then a third said he wasn't going to take it because there was someone on our team who he was shooting at not taking his hits..
    So my friend shot him once, because bang kill is a Courtesy, then your man shot him three times in the face....
    only had goggles on..

I hope he was shown the red card. Hmm... Maybe marshalls should be given red and yellow cards, and work it like football. Might help educate the unwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I hope he was shown the red card. Hmm... Maybe marshalls should be given red and yellow cards, and work it like football. Might help educate the unwashed.

Personal hygiene at skirmishes certainly is lacking in some.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

only had goggles on..

He should never have shot back after being hit., i hope ya mentioned it to the lads and the a*sehole got a good bollicking.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

only had goggles on..

Was he bounced from the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Was he bounced from the site?
    he played the next few games, then we had to leave at lunch so duno if he was kicked after that, unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

So my friend shot him once, because bang kill is a Courtesy,

Well, I think its a safety rule, not just a courtesy, but Fair Enough, in my book.
    then your man shot him three times in the face....
    only had goggles on..

Bollocks. If I'd been marshalling, he'd have taken a walk. Any dissent and he'd have been off the site for the day. In fact, that's probably a lenient reaction if anything. If you're not going to play with honour, or show some basic respect for your opponents, I don't want to share a field with you.

Mind you, sticking him with a 1,000 euro dental bill might concentrate his mind on the rules for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

only had goggles on..

could you get your friend to come and tell me this please.

as no one came to me about this, and mel was down the site most off the day marshaling, and i think mel would not let some thing like that go, and none of the other marshalls told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

only had goggles on..

That's an utter disgrace...

Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

could andy the marshall contact me please i forgot your user name, oh and hows dimples LOL :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

andy_g is his username.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

could andy the marshall contact me please i forgot your user name, oh and hows dimples LOL :D:D:D

yeah just sent ya a pm now andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

hrta wrote: »
    could you get your friend to come and tell me this please.

as no one came to me about this, and mel was down the site most off the day marshaling, and i think mel would not let some thing like that go, and none of the other marshalls told me.
    We'll be there next sat.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Hi we go to hrta on the usual sat and sun but what is it like on mon-fri?
    You have to book or something on those days. Do ppl usually play on those days or what is it like? I suppose you would need loads of ppl on those days just to be able to book or go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Any one going this weekend( 11th & 12th ) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

I will be there for my first HRTA experience this Sunday. Can anyone give me and a friend a lift from the N11 or anywhere nearby. I am located in Blackrock.

Sharad wrote: »
    I will be there for my first HRTA experience this Sunday. Can anyone give me and a friend a lift from the N11 or anywhere nearby. I am located in Blackrock.

i might be able to...can you pm me the adress you want to be picked up from, il have a look at the satnav and see if we go near there or if its easy to detour that direction..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

G3 can't offer a lift, tottally different route for him. Can anybody else please give me a lift to HRTA Saturday or Sunday? I live in Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

Sharad wrote: »
    G3 can't offer a lift, tottally different route for him. Can anybody else please give me a lift to HRTA Saturday or Sunday? I live in Blackrock.
    you'd have more of a chance if you get the dart to malahide and ask for a pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Was about to suggest the same thing. It's less out of the way from "The Hide" than it is from Blackrock.
    I'd give ya a lift to and from the DART station, but I'll be down in Wicklooooo.

Anyone know what games are being played on sunday?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

G3-Nut wrote: »
    Anyone know what games are being played on sunday?:D
    you could probably bet on a base-to-base and rolling assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

Last Sunday was attack ghost base and then interesting scenario with hostage.

are you lads going?? oh hostage match sounds cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

G3-Nut wrote: »
    are you lads going?? oh hostage match sounds cool

I should be going on Sunday. Hostage games are fun.:P

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    I should be going on Sunday. Hostage games are fun.:P
    nice 1, hopefully theres a good crowd there, 3 of us ar goin up, its supposed to be foggy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Might be up tomorrow again, weathers supposed to be good, Sunday looks too hit and miss.

Steve

yeah i cant make it tomorow i will be very busy with a hangover:p

sunday is the only day for me this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

might have some new games for ya's tomorrow :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement