Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

The piston broke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Exactly.

In anyway, delighted with the weather, and delighted with my two or three ambushes.
    Now I just have to wait for a volley of revenge to come my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Good games today, the rolling assault was great. Loving the magnifier and eotech, really good for actually seeing what I'm shooting at more than 20 metres out (although some actual range would be nice :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    The piston broke :(

I have a prometheus hard piston in my g3:cool: i will never encounter youre problem lol...great games today lads!! gerrowdat and dr pepper you lads are animal, and big respet to you for not loosing theplot with those young lads and theyre ''invisible shields'':p i played against them in the last 2 games and i have to say how the hell did you put up with it all day!! good stuff out there though great game..well done to the hawks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah i think it was probably because the teams were stacked, but we did pretty well throughout the day, i thought the bomb extraction game was flawless... our assault on rolling assault was incredible..and our defence was an absolute rock.

Great games well enjoyable, good day to all :)

• Advertisement

G3-Nut wrote: »
    I have a prometheus hard piston in my g3:cool: i will never encounter youre problem lol...great games today lads!! gerrowdat and dr pepper you lads are animal, and big respet to you for not loosing theplot with those young lads and theyre ''invisible shields'':p i played against them in the last 2 games and i have to say how the hell did you put up with it all day!! good stuff out there though great game..well done to the hawks

Cheers mate.

Yeah tbh there's no real point in losing it with rentals, they just will feel pissed off and won't come back, so I wasn't naming names. Just let 'em know we're onto them and keep playing honourably.

Hope to see you out again.

in fairness in the bomb run, i was taking out the rentals like confetti, and one guy took a hit, that i didnt think i even shot him, maybe i did, maybe he saw me trained on him and freaked :)

The inconspicious " shields" that i saw, were from players who have played plenty and have no excuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

G3-Nut wrote: »
    and big respect to you for not losing the plot with those young lads and their ''invisible shields'':p

Young lads and hits are never a problem. In your first couple of games excitement and adrenaline mean that you often don't feel a hit unless it's somewhere painful like a finger or somewhere that doesn't have 3 layers of clothing on it. That's not an issue.

The only problem I had was with one player who I hit in the left kidney, and instead of taking the hit, he crouched down trying to spot me. And if he's carrying an L96 he knows enough to know better.

I'd have hit him again in the chest, except that would have given away my position and his two mates would have stormed me. Andy_G dealt with him later.

Good games lads & well done to Mark for ambushing me from the outer ditch.

I didn't even notice anyone had an L96 yesterday.

Thanks OZ, crawling over there without you or Andy seeing me was the difficult part.

yeah i think it was probably because the teams were stacked, but we did pretty well throughout the day, i thought the bomb extraction game was flawless... our assault on rolling assault was incredible..and our defence was an absolute rock.

Great games well enjoyable, good day to all :)

Yeah i did ok at ther start of the bomb run i got quite a few of youre team from the van, but i ran out of BB's so i had to retire along with someone else from my team just after you guys got the bomb!! i got back with 15 seconds left

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    Young lads and hits are never a problem. In your first couple of games excitement and adrenaline mean that you often don't feel a hit unless it's somewhere painful like a finger or somewhere that doesn't have 3 layers of clothing on it. That's not an issue.

The only problem I had was with one player who I hit in the left kidney, and instead of taking the hit, he crouched down trying to spot me. And if he's carrying an L96 he knows enough to know better.

I'd have hit him again in the chest, except that would have given away my position and his two mates would have stormed me. Andy_G dealt with him later.

Good games lads & well done to Mark for ambushing me from the outer ditch.

Yeah i saw that guy get hit at the very start of the attack and defend game and when i told him he just ignored me, so i got andy to cheater check him and he actually aargued a teeny bit with and after being shot twice and from that range he clearly felt it yet he was in denial, it just happens...man did you see how many times you lads got me lol i think we counted 29 times in the attack and defend simply because i was the only one moving forward once dr pepper had to stop playing, then again i got quite a few of you too:) but not 29 lol...im not complaining the other guys on my team tried too but they just seemed to be hesitant on pushing forward, thats when we were 3 players short...there was one guy on youre side, not a hawk, he had an AK, but he was horrid for not taking hits he got opened up on with a 249 and i saw them hit him and he just went prone and took cover, but it seems to be a minor problem that we all have to put up with now and then eh:rolleyes:

Anyway great games out there and i learned alot from playing against a well organised and structured squad, thats why i always take my hits i learn from them, and yesterday i learned about 40 things not to do haha..

hope to see you all on the field again lads good luck

Oh yeah one more thing hahaha, remember the capture the flag game, out team never heard game on and we just saw all of you running and taking cover by the bus, haha we were all in a big group at the base going WTF:confused:

that was so funny

In fairness i took control of the defence for that rolling assault, and just told the lads, that if they rain hell on you early, youll completely lose the plot and wont know what to do. And it worked a charm, any run you or anyone made foward for about 15-20 mins just got sluaghtered.

Kudos to fayer and rob with the mp5, and adam for loading up fayers ammo when he ran out :)

I jsut think its such a simple game to defend, in fairness you guys only got around the corner after Marshal ok'd pepper to cross an out of game boundry ( main field) to kill us in the back.

I also set up an ambush with Ozcam and one other, who were, i was told, asked to retreat by marshal :/ defiaing whole point

If not for that, you guys wouldnt even get around the corner, which in my memory of rolling assault, would have been the best defence i can recollect.

Took you roughly 35 minutes to break us back from first line :P

I found the confusion i caused was amazing, i fell back from point 1 to point2, so I was only alive player, and my whole team where jsut waiting for me to die, and i was only one firing, but you saw loads of people and just wouldnt rush me

The confusion was brought to the hilt when i did get hit, ran back 5 feet, respawned and ordered everyone to open fire, the confusion was bliss :P

In fairness i took control of the defence for that rolling assault, and just told the lads, that if they rain hell on you early, youll completely lose the plot and wont know what to do. And it worked a charm, any run you or anyone made foward for about 15-20 mins just got sluaghtered.

Kudos to fayer and rob with the mp5, and adam for loading up fayers ammo when he ran out :)

I jsut think its such a simple game to defend, in fairness you guys only got around the corner after Marshal ok'd pepper to cross an out of game boundry ( main field) to kill us in the back.

I also set up an ambush with Ozcam and one other, who were, i was told, asked to retreat by marshal :/ defiaing whole point

If not for that, you guys wouldnt even get around the corner, which in my memory of rolling assault, would have been the best defence i can recollect.

Took you roughly 35 minutes to break us back from first line :P

I found the confusion i caused was amazing, i fell back from point 1 to point2, so I was only alive player, and my whole team where jsut waiting for me to die, and i was only one firing, but you saw loads of people and just wouldnt rush me

The confusion was brought to the hilt when i did get hit, ran back 5 feet, respawned and ordered everyone to open fire, the confusion was bliss :P

I know it worked i 'died' about 8 times LMAO:D it was so funny when you fell back like that,for me it was one of those times where once i noticed what you just did i braced my self and took cover, when i looked back to shout to the guys a just saw hundreds of BB's rain on top of them lol...but you have to understand up to the 3rd point we only had 3 AEG's on the team, 4 for some time when dr pepper was with us..then we had 4 snipers and 2 of our guys were off with broken AEG's...we clearly would have had a better chance it werent for all the snipers staying a mile back, ask andy about the 2 snipers, haha when we were attacking the 3rd base i was walking back towards the car park to change my battery and andy was walking beside me to look for a guy he saw sitting at the 1st base, lol it was 2 of our snipers trying to pick you guys off from that distance we laughed so hard at them it was unfair:rolleyes:

I have to compliment youre teamwork when you lads were attacking, it was impressive, i was the last guy left before the last point, that was me that ambushed dr pepper and one of the guys from the philipines...but before i opened fire i could hear you guys all communicating and working together and covering eachother, it was very impressive and well co-ordinated, no dilly dallying atall, just a constant flow of cover and movement, gave my side little space to react or think, except for me, lol i was hiding in my dark little corner waiting for the chance to get one of you before being obliterated hahaha...and whoever that was that did the big dive over the pallets once i had been hit and was walking away, man that was so funny i thought he broke his back lol

The jumper was Fayer!
    Stupid twat, was hardly tactical now was it!!

Yah co-ordination is cool but in the assault you poor guys were greatly out numbered, hence why i joined in. But don't forget the 2 guys chatting about runners in the lane while poor G3-Nut was winning the award for the longest (recovered) fall in history. Poor chap ran back from regen, slipped and kept slipping for at least 20-30 feet before "falling"/diving into cover. Man Andy and I were in tatters!

The jumper was Fayer!

Yah co-ordination is cool but in the assault you poor guys were greatly out numbered, hence why i joined in. But don't forget the 2 guys chatting about runners in the lane while poor G3-Nut was winning the award for the longest (recovered) fall in history. Poor chap ran back from regen, slipped and kept slipping for at least 20-30 feet before "falling"/diving into cover. Man Andy and I were in tatters!

dr pepper if only that was video recorded lol...and as for your remark falling/diving, i advice you stop bending the truth, i clearly got owned by the muck, i fell hard man, it hurt hahaha...remember the state of my gun afterwards, looked like someone with the runs just kneeled over it and let rip lol

While I think of it, I must say sorry to the guy who was covering me during the first rolling assault. Big tall guy, carrying a SAW, I think (some MG with a box mag). Anyway, my ears were not working properly, and with us both whispering and him wearing a balaclava, I couldn't understand very much of what he was saying.

So I'm sorry that we didn't work together as well as we should have. I'll try to do better next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

hey lads anyone going up to hrta tomorrrow? wensday the 5th

andy_g wrote: »

I cant anyway, not enough mula:rolleyes:

hey lads anyone going up to hrta tomorrrow? wednesday the 5th

Yes, I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

The jumper was Fayer!

We were bogged down and not moving, seemed like a good idea at the time, it cleared the area so i kept going and proceeded to dive into river, flanked and cleared the back of the ghost base. Successful move I felt :D

fayer wrote: »
    We were bogged down and not moving, seemed like a good idea at the time, it cleared the area so i kept going and proceeded to dive into river, flanked and cleared the back of the ghost base. Successful move I felt :D

I only saw it from the back, I was convinced you had bust your face open on the wood, was all ready to stretcher you off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I only saw it from the back, I was convinced you had bust your face open on the wood, was all ready to stretcher you off :-)

Lets just say i slowed down on the approach because i saw their was no one behind the wall. If i kept pace i think i would have killed that base :rolleyes:

Begs the question for the people behind, do pallet hits count :D

Lets just say i slowed down on the approach because i saw their was no one behind the wall. If i kept pace i think i would have killed that base :rolleyes:
    Haha, not unlike my approach to the central cabin for the first game. I couldn't slow down enough and I really thought I was going to go through the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I'm going up on Sunday to get a look at this cabin thing you all speak of. And to shoot people.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

i wont be open wednesday night lads, as i'm trying to sort out some more cabins for the site, and i have to go in to the RDS to help out IMVG to set up for the toys 4 boys show this weekend.

Begs the question for the people behind, do pallet hits count :D

haha that was me walking ahead of you, you hit the ground and rolled like solid snake hahaha...the hollow thump of youre back hitting the ground was hilarious..

Thats the "Hawk Roll". Exectued badly mind you given the noise.
    More training he needs..

Thats the "Hawk Roll". Exectued badly mind you given the noise.
    More training he needs..

lol yeah while i flawlessly executed the 30 foot tactical turkish slide:p

• Advertisement

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I'm going up on Sunday to get a look at this cabin thing you all speak of. And to shoot people.

Nice. I should be out sunday again. Last chance to get some practice in before PR2 :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement