Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I should clarify, due to moving house and time and financial comittments I've not been able to airsoft as much as I used to anyway, so it's not like cheaters alone drove me away from HRTA. I've not been able to give airsoft as much time as I used to, but that makes it more important to enjoy every game you play, and not get frustrated by foul play.

I mean, statistically I'd say sites like Fingal and Drogheda have just as many cheaters. I mean its usually one or two bad apples on a given day. HRTA gets more though, of everything, more of the good players, more of the bad. Where it might be one or two bad apples at Fingal, maybe you'll get three or four at HRTA. The marshal's do their best, Paul does his best, but it's impossible to account for every bb fired on a day and whether or not it hit its target.

Some most fun I've had at HRTA was on the Wednesday night games, team training or otherwise, it was generally a bunch of regular and experienced players, where you knew you'd have a challenging and exciting game with no cheating. Sadly I can't make Wednesdays anymore, but I imagine a closed day at HRTA would play out like an extra long wednesday night, ammo restrictions or special rule sets would add even more spice, to an already spicy meatball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Dave problem with that point, albeit a great one.

Is the rate at which people just stroll down to the site. I think its extremely annoying and disrespectful. " A its grand we can stall down at 11 sure its grand"

I make it my business to be there first thing in the morning, fair enough I get a lift with guys in the similar mood, but if i made my own way it would the same.

Trying to brief everyone at different stages would be serious ****ing effort for paul, im sure he doesnt want to be sitting in the cabin waiting for straglers, im sure hed like to watch some games, do some work to the site, or maybe play a few games himself.

These debates always come down to the players themselves.

Get your ass down in time, theres two distinct times one in morning one in afteroon and everyone should make it their business to get there in time, which would make a briefing easier for all.

As regards cheaters, im out of ideas for this one, I dont see what can be done..I know personally when i shoot someone who blatantly doesnt take it, I just calmy do my " aw mate come on stop acting the tit your hit, gwan now get going good lad" and that usually works.

I've noticed even a severe amount of cheater checks...not taking the checks haha.

I honestly dont know how to solve it, but its getting so annoying its not even funny. I'm even at the stage of having to tell my own players on my team ( not hawks whatever side im on) to take their hits, when they are blatantly hit.

Had to do that myself 2 weeks ago man,at one stage a player and my side got hit and started telling his mate where he got hit from, i shouted at him dead men dont talk, only to have a hawk shout out, what the f*ck are you lying for roflmao:D:rolleyes: simple misunderstanding,i actually lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I believe i lol'd too :D

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I believe i lol'd too :D

You lol'd at all my misfortunes!!! slipping, falling , slipping and recovering, and being taken out about 30 times lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Yeah the armor and equipment thing is one of the main problems i've seen. But it's an honest mistake really.
    I've taken many "hits" that were actually rain drops or a strap hitting my mask or goggles.

A few times you've seen people not take obvious hits, but i just say there's nothing i can do but shoot him again, and again, and again..
    Obviously until he's taken his hit, don't go over board...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah im pretty sure that was me shouting back, cause id a marshall and 3 people shouting "dead men dont talk" when it just pulled a masterful stroke.

I'd fallen back from stronghold A to B, so i was still alive, yet my team had dug in positions, but were not firing.

And you guys just say me firing, but loads of defenders and held back ( my ploy to delay you more worked flawlessly)

When i was eventually hit, i walked back 6 feet then back into stronghold B and then gave the order to open fire, in which i saw alot of enemy faces saying " holy ****"

But yeah i was just standing there alive talking to team, so that was me, i wont apologise, cause id a masterful plan :P

And if it wasnt for dr.peppers cheating in conjunction with the marshall( more sympathy then cheating):P

You never woulda made it past that corner

yeah im pretty sure that was me shouting back, cause id a marshall and 3 people shouting "dead men dont talk" when it just pulled a masterful stroke.

I'd fallen back from stronghold A to B, so i was still alive, yet my team had dug in positions, but were not firing.

And you guys just say me firing, but loads of defenders and held back ( my ploy to delay you more worked flawlessly)

When i was eventually hit, i walked back 6 feet then back into stronghold B and then gave the order to open fire, in which i saw alot of enemy faces saying " holy ****"

But yeah i was just standing there alive talking to team, so that was me, i wont apologise, cause id a masterful plan :P

And if it wasnt for dr.peppers cheating in conjunction with the marshall( more sympathy then cheating):P

You never woulda made it past that corner

no need to apologise:) like i said simple misunderstanding!!

made it past the corner, i was surprised we managed to take the 1st point lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

howdy paul are ya open tomorrow night?

and if so how many of you guys coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I'm in. Sorry guys, real life intruded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Bit short notice but anyone available to give a lift near Bray in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

hey can ya get a membership for hrta :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

hrta wrote: »
    it is irish trinity

Fantastic im finally 14 at the end of this month so im definatly getting a couple friends out for a go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'll be out sunday I reckon.

The suggestion came up that we split the hawks up if we get more then 3 or 4 of us. Much as it's fun to demolish the other team, it's not exactly fun to get demolished constantly :-)

gerrowadat wrote: »

The suggestion came up that we split the hawks up if we get more then 3 or 4 of us. Much as it's fun to demolish the other team, it's not exactly fun to get demolished constantly :-)

agreed:rolleyes: lol i know how it feels to be on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I believe I'll be out on Sunday.

Bring on The Jeep Chase. Once again, I'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fantastic im finally 14 at the end of this month so im definatly getting a couple friends out for a go ;)

*cough cough* We're Recruting *cough cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Could someone please give me a lift to HRTA this Sunday. I live on Newtown Park Avenue(Blackrock), can drag myself to the N11 or anywhere else nearby. Will share petrol cost and offer CAKE!(not an innuendo:P). If anyone passes by this route pls pm me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

So who's out this weekend? I'm dieing for a bit of pewpew

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gerrowadat wrote: »

I'll be out sunday too, and thats a good idea.

Not that we are brillaint or anything, but i think sometimes new players like to have experienced players on their team, and gerrout made a good point, its nice to see how we play,and to do that we have to play each other.

Looking foward to sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

So who's out this weekend? I'm dieing for a bit of pewpew

i doubt ill be out,
    no lift also a lack of fire power but hopefully not for long:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

P.K wrote: »
    i doubt ill be out,

Ahhh stop being a lazy ba........ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

P.K wrote: »
    i doubt ill be out,

Where you coming from pk?

i doubt if i can make it, il be there saturday though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Paul, if ya need a gun and can come to the shop tomorrow to collect, i'll lend ya one of mine. have one of everything so im sure i'll have something that shares the same mags as yours., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I believe I'll be out on Sunday.

Bring on The Jeep Chase. Once again, I'll win.

Hey Kev, you'll need to re do your map, as i put 3 new cabins on the field :D

Oh Yes!:eek: just in time for the SOBR course:cool: thanks paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

You did this... You did this for me??

Ha ha, well, we'll split the Hawks, and put half in the jeep and half in the field, and play running man. Lulz guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

What time is kick off on sunday morning?

3rd proper skirmish...........geddup!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

turns out
    ill be there after all:D
    just got to finalise the lift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

An lifts goin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement