Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

See you Saturday,doing some charity work on Sunday..................:rolleyes:

you should try get there early, i think vlad wants to do some cqb work with whoever is interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Nemesis G.O.A

How early?

How early?

9 untill 11...hes an expert so i wouldnt miss it if i was you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

that is truly excellent...here hoping the sound quality is really poor! LOL i am looking for really crackly comms!!!

i really think this is inspired...roll on the ww2 battles....

The sound quality is really great from these telephones, and there about 20 years old :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Those field phones are going to add so many new options for milsim scenarios :)

• Advertisement

I'll try and make it,but I'm getting a lift that day. Expert?

I'll try and make it,but I'm getting a lift that day. Expert?

yep, he served in a special forces unit called SOBR, while we saved for an AEG, this guy was taking down mafia bosses lol...hopefully i get to join another day...

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    Those field phones are going to add so many new options for milsim scenarios :)

definately will add variety! any idea when the next one is?

OK,cutting one of my Augs down as we speak :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

gotta get my AKSU 74 back into operation for that CQB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

hrta wrote: »
    Just got some new toys for the site this week, in the form of Military Field Telephones.

Military Field Telephone are employed by various branches and services.
    The phones are battery powered but have to be hand cranked to get it started and to ring.
    The phone has two silver posts that are used to run wires to connect telephones together. The handsets are equipped with a PTT to allow the operator to speak or listen.

This should add to some great games, as a team would have to set a base and have to run a phone line's to the front line to call in air, fire, ammo and support.

Paul.

Hi Paul

When you say that the phones will be used to call air strike, fire support, etc. How will that exactly work? Should be down next saturday to see the new stuff in action.

Sharad wrote: »
    Hi Paul

When you say that the phones will be used to call air strike, fire support, etc. How will that exactly work? Should be down next saturday to see the new stuff in action.

lol i hope it works sunday

Hi Paul

like say, team A would have to set up base at the front, they now need to run a coms line back to there main base set up the phone's to call in what ever they want, they would need to keep an OW on the phone line's between the two base or they would lose there comm's.

i will be hoping to head down to the Drogheda Airsoft Charity Day and support this good cause. i have been asked to open so i will but i wont be there for the full day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

is your site staying open for the fullday?

moggser wrote: »
    is your site staying open for the fullday?

we are open all day

we are open all day
    ok thanx paul see ya there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

like say, team A would have to set up base at the front, they now need to run a coms line back to there main base set up the phone's to call in what ever they want, they would need to keep an OW on the phone line's between the two base or they would lose there comm's.

A limited ammo game with limited comms(say the person at the home base doesn't have a comm and the only way to ask for support would be these phones) would be great with these phones. Whichever team is able to capture these would easily dominate the game. A milsim with these features would be great and make it more challenging. Please plan one before March:)

A limited ammo game with limited comms(say the person at the home base doesn't have a comm and the only way to ask for support would be these phones) would be great with these phones. Whichever team is able to capture these would easily able to dominate the game. A milsim with these features would be great and make it more challenging. Please plan one before March:)

The next milsim game, is all ready in the making

just wondering paul, how exactly do you conduct an ''air strike/artillry strike''..im simply baffled lol

• Advertisement

well i imagine its no harder then dial 1800 A-I-R-S-T-R-I-K-E toll free of course:):):):):)

well i imagine its no harder then dial 1800 A-I-R-S-T-R-I-K-E toll free of course:):):):):)

yeah but what is an airstrike in airsoft is what i mean, its not like andys gonna come along with a chopper and stick his aeg out the window lol

why not??

why not??

lmao how cool would that be! you going to the meeting?

seriously do you know what is done to make it an airstrike? i alwalys and an image in my head of someone firing 203's from a tower for 5 seconds or so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Finally after a long airsoft drought i'll be finally back out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

G3-Nut wrote: »
    seriously do you know what is done to make it an airstrike? i alwalys and an image in my head of someone firing 203's from a tower for 5 seconds or so lol

Actually, its very simple: a marshal walks up to a particular spot and tells everyone there "you're hit". That's all there is to it.

Pyros optional, depending on jurisdiction.

OzCam wrote: »
    Actually, its very simple: a marshal walks up to a particular spot and tells everyone there "you're hit". That's all there is to it.

Pyros optional, depending on jurisdiction.

ah so technically it works like a precision air strike lol im staying away from crowds if we loose the phone tomorow! thanks oz:D

G3-Nut wrote: »
    ah so technically it works like a precision air strike

Precision? Well, not always... if the marshals are feeling mischievous (or particularly realistic) they don't always go where you ask them to.

Mortars have shorter ranges, but are much more reliable. Artillery is pretty damn accurate these days too. :)

where you heading tomoor Oz

• Advertisement

Drogheda for the Charity Day, weather permitting. Probably only for the afternoon though.

Back to topic lads, this is the HRTA thread :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement