Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

<
    fixed my mp5 today, so hopefully will be dual wielding mp5+p90 this weekend :D

now i just need to figure out a way to hold a glock and beretta awell as them

• Registered Users Posts: 35,004 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:

now i just need to figure out a way to hold a glock and beretta awell as them

You always have your toes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

<
    got a 3 way sling on the Sig and can switch to the Glock faster then speed lightening

Join Ireland Weather Network

o1s1n wrote:
    You always have your toes ;)

grand as long as i dont need to walk....

Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote:
    grand as long as i dont need to walk....

Imagine walking on all those bbs barefoot? Ouch!

• Advertisement

i think you just volunteered to try it o1s1n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

You always have your toes
    dont do taht we'll look way to similar :p , no less then 4 guns on my person ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

i'll have to do a spiders web this weekend.
    D.K.D.A.

spiders web?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

can only imagine what that could mean........

• Advertisement

and what does D.K.D.A mean?

nonex: your being very cryptic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Wow the poll is up twice? Liamo must be serious about this! If youre going to HRTA this weekend reply quickly lest you be forced to face the wrath of Liamo. Fear him, cower at the very sight of his mighty poll, tremble in awe of its sheer polliness? I'm bored :D

Hmm you know when you re-read one of your posts and see something that sounds completely different from the way it did when you first wrote it
    cower at the very sight of his mighty poll
    Don't you just hate that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Wow the poll is up twice? Liamo must be serious about this! If youre going to HRTA this weekend reply quickly lest you be forced to face the wrath of Liamo. Fear him, cower at the very sight of his mighty poll, tremble in awe of its sheer polliness? I'm bored :D

Hmm you know when you re-read one of your posts and see something that sounds completely different from the way it did when you first wrote it Don't you just hate that :D

LOL didn't know I put it up twice, honest:rolleyes:

Edit: noip are you going?
    Edit2:double post deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

All set for tommow, 05/05/07
    See you there,
    Havent been to a skirmish in a while

Robster

I'll be there (as usual). Just got the latest weather report...23c in Dublin!

if i dont fall asleep between now and then i'll be there.
    If my gear is in the car when my da arrives with it.

Another great day at HRTA, and a few more new faces (yay!).

Great new layout indoors. Gives a lot more options to the attacking team on where to go, and keeps the defenders guessing. It's also a bit of a maze now :D

Oh, and great tripwire 'mines' really added to the outdoor games Shame that we lost one (which would indicate reallly bad placement by someone!)

I forgot my gloves today. :mad: Have a guess who took several shots of the fingers and put his bare hand down into a load of nettles by accident? Grrr :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Best thing about the tripwires ?

One of our team members wandering back towards the lane after being hit, and saying to the attackers, "Did you not set off any mines ?".....then tripping one less than 3 seconds later.

Classic :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The trip mines are in use now?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Actually, how have you been getting on with playing out in the sun? Has any of your gear been sacrificed due to the heat?

I plan on getting back to HRTA every weekend when college is finished up. Must start to figure out what gear I have is compatible with this kind of weather. Hydration system would be a must.

Shame that we lost one (which would indicate reallly bad placement by someone!)

or really good placement, depending on which way you look at it
    o1s1n wrote:
    I plan on getting back to HRTA every weekend when college is finished up. Must start to figure out what gear I have is compatible with this kind of weather. Hydration system would be a must.

me too, probably be down every saturday.

thankfully my vest has a hydration pouch in the back of it, so i've been using a platypus for the last couple of weeks, really essential for outdoors. it's only a 1L pouch, but does the job, a slightly larger one wouldnt go a miss though

Shiva wrote:
    Best thing about the tripwires ?

One of our team members wandering back towards the lane after being hit, and saying to the attackers, "Did you not set off any mines ?".....then tripping one less than 3 seconds later.

Classic :)

Classic indeed.

I was 'killed' and was heading back to the safezone and managed to trip two alarms.

And I forgot to arm 1 of the tripwires in the last game. Doh!

Gonna take a while to get used to these tripwires.

o1s1n wrote:
    Actually, how have you been getting on with playing out in the sun? Has any of your gear been sacrificed due to the heat?

I left my cap & neoprene mask off. Just way too warm. If I could, I'd play in shorts & a t-shirt. Not too good at easing the hits, but on the plus side it would scare the enemy when they saw me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I was wearing my full kit and ended up drinking about a litre of water, wasn't enough for the day and I ended up with a dehydration headache by the time I got home. I'm bringing my 2.5 litre camalback next time. I got a loan of a 9.6v stick battery and my VFC AK was running fine with it. The tightbore barrel really shows, got a hip shot kill at 60 feet, nice :D

they wernt in use but when everyone had left at the end, was messing about with another mine that will be ready soon. Proxcimity Mines to minic claymores. And they have remote activation with an infared bleeper.
    190 degree field of vision and 12 foot radius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

kdouglas's new first rule of airsoft:
    "Always ensure you have ammo in your mag before loading it"
    :D

Some good games yesterday, my personal memories of the day are

1)Walking down the pathway talking very loudly to one of the rentals about how the shottie on my G3 works and both of us getting riddled by crazyrabbit.
    2)Killing 2 members of my own team in one of the tanker games:p
    3)kdouglas springing out of the bushes and firing at me with an empty gun.

Roll on next weekend

Robster wrote:
    kdouglas's new first rule of airsoft:
    "Always ensure you have ammo in your mag before loading it"
    :D

Some good games yesterday, my personal memories of the day are

1)Walking down the pathway talking very loudly to one of the rentals about how the shottie on my G3 works and both of us getting riddled by crazyrabbit.
    2)Killing 2 members of my own team in one of the tanker games:p
    3)kdouglas springing out of the bushes and firing at me with an empty gun.

Roll on next weekend

yup, that was rather annoying, what made it worse was that i had a hi-cap in and thought to myself, "hmmm, these hi-caps arent great so far, ill put the lo-cap in just incase it jams"

doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

So ya'll going next week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

LOL, what'd you do, jump out and shout "bang!" ??? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement