Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Dex 'n Bora - thanks for putting the pics up, some great stuff there! Nice one of me hitting the dirt while eating pyro smoke! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

i could have had a better day yesterday, i was under the weather and felt like my head was gonna explode...but it was still one of the funnest days i had!! if only i had my usual energy levels, i spent more time just patiently sitting back....when usually i am always ahead of the whole team trying to get my hands on some cqb:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

moggser wrote: »
    your only saying that cause your in one or three of them lol

I can't help it if i'm so cool:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

like a cuecumber wolfie like a cuecumber not sure if thats spelt right but who cares this is a forum not a how to peel a orange class which is a lot like a good marrage once you get through the horrid outer skin it leave's the juicy juicy insides * drools like homer*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

That would be me. I brought all my gear yet managed to leave my shirt on the floor by the front door. Borrowed the jumper from another lad.

Did anyone get a shot of the bus billowing smoke? I only have a bad one on my phone.

Between screen names and real names I haven’t a clue who anyone is.

Same lad who got bored 2 weeks ago in a rolling assault and went on the offensive with me?

• Advertisement

I can't help it if i'm so cool:p

lol who are you in the pics??

G3-Nut wrote: »
    lol who are you in the pics??

Guy with the camo bandana and the olive drab backpack.

ah yeah sure i was talking to you in the office lol...the picture of you just sitting there, while the rest take cover, is pure spetsnaz style isnt it lol:pac:

The shot of Fiach on the hill firing the 60 is pretty cool, an there's a couple o good shots of conor there aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    Same lad who got bored 2 weeks ago in a rolling assault and went on the offensive with me?

That'll be the one. Best bit of defensive work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

I delete this if a better one is found.

IMG00023.jpg

after lobbing that up the stairs pk went legging it haha but i tell ya it just hung in the field for ages afterwords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Hrta, site update.

Just landed 5 more cabins in the carpark today, i hope to have them down on the field by the weekend, just hope the rains holds off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Me and afew friends are trying to plan a trip up to the site some weekend, just wondering would taking the dart from connoly to malahide and then taking the 102 (bus) get us to the site?:confused: btw weathers should be fine tomorrow

Me and afew friends are trying to plan a trip up to the site some weekend, just wondering would taking the dart from connoly to malahide and then taking the 102 (bus) get us to the site?:confused: btw weathers should be fine tomorrow

Sorry StevieGriff,

The only bus stop that is near us is about 2 miles away, on the old N2 road,
    your best bet would be to get the train to lusk, and a taxi to us, if thats any help.

Paul.

:( Is that bus that stops 2 miles away the 102? 2 of a walk wont kill us :D

:( Is that bus that stops 2 miles away the 102? 2 of a walk wont kill us :D

it would be to long of a walk with your gear.

True. Thanks anyway, I'll try to sort something out:) btw if your under 18 does a parent or guardian have to be there for the whole day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

True. Thanks anyway, I'll try to sort something out:) btw if your under 18 does a parent or guardian have to be there for the whole day?

Dont think so (Paul will correct me if I'm wrong) but dont forget to make sure you have the waivers signed and sorted by parents/guardian before you get there otherwise no play!

You will need to bring the waivers signed, or if a parent or guardian is with you, they can sign one at the site.
    As for transport, i looked in to getting my own mini bus, but i would need a PSV, even if i give poeple a lift in a car to the site, as i own the site, it's classed as reward, so you need a PSV,
    Your best bet is the taxi from lusk, it works out at €11, so between a few poeple it's not that bad, i'm trying to work on a deal for the summer,
    with the taxi's drivers in lusk, so i'll keep every one posted.
    Paul.

Ok, thank you :D

• Advertisement

Just to say a big thanks to Neil and Paul, for helping out at the site today.
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Delta's coming out of hibernation and dusting off me gear.
    Anyone for this Saturday?

Site update.
    Just home from the site, the 5 cabins are now on the field, ready for play tomorrow,
    And more to come next week.

Paul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I might get the chance to game tomorrow, bout time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I love Ronans new game lotsa fun combining tactics, spraying and praying and a little suiciding :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah same here., good games today lads., :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I love Ronans new game lotsa fun combining tactics, spraying and praying and a little suiciding :D

Thanks man, I enjoyed running them.

well done to the lads negotiating the new terrain during rolling assault today :)

(cheers to Paul, Mel and the gang for the effort going in!)

Was it just me, that thought, the new buildings, have choked that side of the field.
    I seen that the lane, after the digger work, had a small choke point at the corner, so i have just fixed it a small bit this evening, have to see if that works out.

Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

hrta wrote: »
    Was it just me, that thought, the new buildings, have choked that side of the field.
    I seen that the lane, after the digger work, had a small choke point at the corner, so i have just fixed it a small bit this evening, have to see if that works out.

Paul.

Im not sure it's the layout so much as the scenario's played and the approach of the players this weekend.

In the first conquest match the winning team started in that corner, that same team in the following match won by pushing as far forward as they could to lock down that corner - a strategy that only worked because the other team allowed themselves to get cornered. In otherwords, the more aggressive team had the advantage.

You're right about the lane though, it was a very subtle choke point in that there was no physical barrier other than the huge gap either side. I like how the additional embankments make the initial stage of rolling assault that much harder to secure. It really balances he game a bit better because each point after that is subsequently easier to capture for the attackers and harder to hold for the defenders.

• Advertisement

Im not sure it's the layout so much as the scenario's played and the approach of the players this weekend.

In the first conquest match the winning team started in that corner, that same team in the following match won by pushing as far forward as they could to lock down that corner - a strategy that only worked because the other team allowed themselves to get cornered. In otherwords, the more aggressive team had the advantage.

You're right about the lane though, it was a very subtle choke point in that there was no physical barrier other than the huge gap either side. I like how the additional embankments make the initial stage of rolling assault that much harder to secure. It really balances he game a bit better because each point after that is subsequently easier to capture for the attackers and harder to hold for the defenders.

We will just have to use the APC, to bail them out :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement