Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I was in the woodland BDU's with the special purpose rifle.

I asked a couple of people what they're handle was but they all said they weren't on boards so I gave up asking and just started shooting :D.
    So who were you?

Gorgeous piece, shame about the damage to it.

I was the rather snappy dresser in blue jeans and a Hi-Viz ensemble running the games ;)

G3-Nut wrote: »
    im so good at it, half the time, my apponents arent sure weather im flanking them or i didnt show up lol

Lol ...

Its not bailing, it's a "maneuver" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

I was the rather snappy dresser in blue jeans and a Hi-Viz ensemble running the games ;)

with the vistle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Ah I see well it was great to meet you. And may I say well done on the games. Even those VIP games that went to hell, they were just funny :D. Oh and you have helped converted two newbies to airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Lol ...

Its not bailing, it's a "maneuver" :p

i constanly manouver, i manouver so much im predictable:p

• Advertisement

Ah I see well it was great to meet you. And may I say well done on the games. Even those VIP games that went to hell, they were just funny :D.

Oh and you have helped converted two newbies to airsoft.

Very good to know. :)

Very good to know. :)

But now one of them is buying a P90 next week :p.
    (I myself like P90's but most people hate them or the look of them at least).

Oh and at least only the PEQ box got damaged the gun itself is grand. I just can't believe it happened the first time I skirmished it :mad:.
    I blame the people who were shooting at me :p.

But now one of them is buying a P90 next week :p.
    (I myself like P90's but most people hate them or the look of them at least).

Oh and at least only the PEQ box got damaged the gun itself is grand. I just can't believe it happened the first time I skirmished it :mad:.
    I blame the people who were shooting at me :p.

Nothing wrong with P90's, particularly at HRTA. They've a pretty good reputation for the site being able to hack it in the field or in CQB without modification.

Nothing wrong with P90's, particularly at HRTA. They've a pretty good reputation for the site being able to hack it in the field or in CQB without modification.

Well a lot of people seem to hate them around here. I would buy one but I already have an MP5K (you probably saw my friend with it) and a UMP, so I have enough SMG's for the moment. If one pops up on adverts at a reasonable cheap price I might nab it ;).

Well I hope to see you again soon as you really did a fantastic job on Saturday.

Well a lot of people seem to hate them around here. I would buy one but I already have an MP5K (you probably saw my friend with it) and a UMP, so I have enough SMG's for the moment. If one pops up on adverts at a reasonable cheap price I might nab it ;).

Well I hope to see you again soon as you really did a fantastic job on Saturday.

Cheers man. Love the P90 myself actually, so much so that my team has it as the standard SMG format gun for CQB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Just a reminder,
    This sunday coming the 8th, is a milsim day at hrta, you must have mid-caps or lo-caps, No Hi -caps for this game day, please read up on the rules, or print a set, and bring with you, also there will be no stopping for lunch or hanging around time, or taken time to reload or taking a breather in between, every thing you need, bring it with you in to the field, if you are playing, thanks.

Paul.

hrta wrote: »
    Gulf war milsim game, march sunday 8/3/09

Rules
    It is your responsibility to read and understand these rules before attending the game.
    Much effort has been made to make these rules as simple and easy to understand as possible.
    The rules are designed to ensure that the players have considerable freedom while still providing a good level of safety. Common sense is the order of the day with safety coming first at all times.

Sportsmanship and Honour
    It is up you, the player, to remember that the sport of Airsoft is about honour. It is a game that is shared by a relatively small community compared to other sports. Therefore show your fellow airsofters respect during the game.

Ammunition:

All magazines will be restricted to realistic loads.

Each player may carry a maximum of 10 standard magazines (Full battle loadout).
    Pistols +2 mags maximum. Rifle drum mags 3 maximum. Machine gun box mags 2 maximum.
    Sniper rifles 8 mags maximum.
    NOTE ... mid-caps or lo-caps only, NO HI-CAPS

Hits
    If you are hit, the rules are simple:
    SHOUT "HIT" AND IMMEDIATELY GO TO GROUND!!!
    Wait 10 minutes for a medic to come to your aid. After 10 minutes return to regen for 10 minutes.
    If a medic comes and applies a bandage to you, you can then carry on playing.
    You may receive medical aid twice. If shot a third time, return to regen.
    NOTE ... Remember, dead people DO NOT talk.
    When returning to the regen, we do not expect to see any player passing tactical information to players on their team.

Medics
    Every section / squad will have one player assigned as a section medic.
    All medics will be assigned before the game and all medics will start the game with medical supplies.
    To heal a player a medic must tie a bandage around the casualties arm.
    Medics can NOT heal themselves.
    Players can drag a casualty to cover before the medic arrives
    A medic can move a casualty by simulated carry.
    Simulated carrying involves two people either side of the casualty and pretending to carry them.
    This MUST be done at a walking pace.
    Only medics can apply the bandages.

FIRST HIT - Wait for a medic to apply medical aid to you before you continue playing,
    However you bleed out after 10 minutes if you receive no medical aid

SECOND HIT - Wait for a medic to apply medical aid to you before you continue playing.
    However you bleed out after 10 minutes if you receive no medical aid.

THIRD HIT - Killed in action (return to regen).

Fighting Inside buildings
    All guns should be set to semi-auto once fighting close quarter battle during room to room combat.
    NOTE ... You can shoot out of a building on full-auto and you can shoot in to a building with full-auto when standing outside.

Grenades
    If you are within 5 metres of an exploding grenade outside of a building then you receive one hit.
    An exploding grenade counts as 1 hit to everyone inside a room where the grenade detonates.
    NOTE ... A flash bang grenade, is still treated as an exploding grenade.

Battle Simulation Explosives
    This section refers to the battle-sim style explosive effects generated by the pyro technicians to simulate HE rounds.
    In the open
    The effects of mortars and artillery outside of buildings are calculated by Marshalls.
    If hit then this is counted as 1 hit.

Hits on buildings
    If a shell or air strike hits a building then everyone inside is killed and the building is taken out of play for 30 minutes.
    NOTE ...
    Smoke grenades will not be used within buildings.

I've been talking to Paul and this is the skinny.

Myself and Sean (extremetaz) will be running a MilSim training night on either a Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the preference (both if there is enough interest).

Essentially this will be a regular few hours on a weeknight wherein dedicated players can get their MilSim fix, teams can get a little training in before events and we can generally indulge our soldiering fantasies.

Games on the night will be specific scenarios with multiple different objectives to be completed depending on whether you are in a defensive or offensive footing. Briefings will be emailed out to the players the night before via mailing list (whenever I can get it set up) to help speed things up.

The rules system for this is a homebrew that I've been toying with for a while and during the initial few games its highly likely that this system will change when unforseen problems crop up. I'll be posting up the important sections shortly.

What I need to know though is which night would suit players best? What are the preferred start/finish times? When is the earliest you would like to see the MilSim night kick off?

The number of places will be limited to begin with (teething issues etc to be sorted out) and some people already have standing invites. Please voice your interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Il be going to this when it starts but only after April (Exams)

Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday are good days, start 7:30 (Must cross M50 fo work) till late...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I'd be very interested in this - I can probably make most Wednesdays, but every second or third Tuesday would be a runner.

Wednesday is definitely the preferred day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Fair play to you for making good on your suggestion! Deffo up for this - most Wednesdays would be good for me from 6.30ish (that is of course if you'll have me! :))

Fair play to you for making good on your suggestion! Deffo up for this - most Wednesdays would be good for me from 6.30ish (that is of course if you'll have me! :))

Sure thing.

There will be about a dozen or-so places for people who have not received PM invites.

(if I can remember all of the handles of folks who were meant ot get them :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

I'd love to do this, only prob is that ill be busy most wednseday nights, so i wont be around for wednsedays. Would be there any other night, 6:30 onwards would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Tuesdays best from me, possibly Wednesdays if I'm in the area with work. Assuming I'm still working that is...:rolleyes:
    Looking forward to it.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I think that 19:00 or 19:30 is about the earliest you could start because people have to finish work* and get out to HRTA etc.

20:30 or 23:00 is the latest time to finish during the week, people have families, work, school etc.

2 hours should be long enough for a midweek game, maybe 2:30 at the outside. Three hours is a long game if you have to be up in the morning.
    Two hours is enough to achieve most objectives, and one game can feed into the next for longer storylines.

So I'd vote for 19:30 to 21:30 or 20:00 to 22:00, bearing in mind that it takes time to dress up and down before and after.

How about assemble from 19:30, game start 20:00, game end 22:00 and chairsoft & gossip to 22:30? Start with that and modify if necessary.

In order to prevent drift, the game should start and end on time, whether everyone's ready or not.

I don't have a big preference on which night... Tuesday or Wednesday sounds about right (though a lot of folks seem to have a regular Wednesday night at The Warehouse). It might be an idea to alternate the nights for a few weeks and see how that goes.

* those who are lucky enough to still have jobs, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Thinking of headin to your milsim event next sunday. I never played a milsim and just want to clearify some rules,

I have mid caps but they are suppose to hold 110 are you limited to the amount of bb's you put in the mags or do you just fill them up cause generally 10 or 15 bb's usually get suck in the mag and i never fully emptys and if you where restricted to say 30 then i would be down to 15 or 20 round per mag.

Also can you reload your mags once you are at the regen ?

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    In order to prevent drift, the game should start and end on time, whether everyone's ready or not.

I plan to have the scenario briefings out to the players the day before in order to ensure that everyone is ready to go upon arrival.

Depending on the faction you are aligned to you will receive specific intel, plot synopsis and which ever special rules are in effect for your side.

It is advised that you familiarise yourself with each briefing thouroughly so as to avoid confusion on the night.

The advantage of doing this is that players arriving late for whatever reasons will be able to join in een if the game has started without too much disruption.
    OzCam wrote: »
    I don't have a big preference on which night... Tuesday or Wednesday sounds about right (though a lot of folks seem to have a regular Wednesday night at The Warehouse). It might be an idea to alternate the nights for a few weeks and see how that goes.

I havent a problem with spending two or even three nights a week at HRTA, however I have to travel a hell of a distance without a car so I'm relying on my blagging skills to get lifts etc.

Organising to run separate games on different evenings is possible but it requires a lot of writing time in order to tie the plots together so that the results of one scenario can be properly applied to the next (buildings destroyed, intel gathered, numbers killed etc). I would need to be sure of the numbers before I could comit to it - that said I would love to be able to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'll have a go and say wednesday as well.

Thinking of headin to your milsim event next sunday. I never played a milsim and just want to clearify some rules,

I have mid caps but they are suppose to hold 110 are you limited to the amount of bb's you put in the mags or do you just fill them up cause generally 10 or 15 bb's usually get suck in the mag and i never fully emptys and if you where restricted to say 30 then i would be down to 15 or 20 round per mag.

Also can you reload your mags once you are at the regen ?

The rules say "standard mags" so I assume thats to mean 30round Stanags. The last time there was a small allowance of 3-4 rounds to compensate for the issue of followers but Paul would need to clarify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Damn you Hive I cant afford mid-caps at the moment, Looks like ill be rocking the M40 and a pistol for a while once we do this. Which reminds me i must put a decent sling on that......ack more money!!!

Hive you're getting a kicking for this one :D

I can be tied up till 6 or 7 most weeknights at the moment so I'd need a few days notice and would also be relying of Hives incredible lift blagging abilities :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Ah back in the day with the wed night "training", might have to keep a firm grip on it though to stop people coming there who just want to have a "normal" skirmish.

Sounds quite awesome though, id love if you lads could get this up and running as weekends aren't my thing!

N.O.I.P. wrote: »
    Damn you Hive I cant afford mid-caps at the moment, Looks like ill be rocking the M40 and a pistol for a while once we do this. Which reminds me i must put a decent sling on that......ack more money!!!

Hive you're getting a kicking for this one :D

I can be tied up till 6 or 7 most weeknights at the moment so I'd need a few days notice and would also be relying of Hives incredible lift blagging abilities :D

Heh, I'll lend you my Mid's for your VN if you can get yourself out of Kilcoole ;)

k99_64 wrote: »
    Ah back in the day with the wed night "training", might have to keep a firm grip on it though to stop people coming there who just want to have a "normal" skirmish.

The way it would work is that you would need to book in advance. No walk-ons. Certain players would earn the priviledge of arriving "as and when" because they would be well used to the set up but others would be turned away to prevent the degradation of the game.
    k99_64 wrote: »
    Sounds quite awesome though, id love if you lads could get this up and running as weekends aren't my thing!

I hope so too mate. Shall I puit you down as a Wednesday vote? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Definitely interested, but as usual, it would be few and far between the days I get out.

But having the wednesdays back on the cards again would be great.

Definitely interested, but as usual, it would be few and far between the days I get out.

But having the wednesdays back on the cards again would be great.

Sam, arent you in the Stray Dogs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Sam, arent you in the Stray Dogs?

Yeah, but I'm also in a degree year :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement