Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Away with ye with your shooting discipline, I'm so disciplined they call me the zen motha'fcukin mid cap messiah!

I'll have triple my milsim mag cap so I'd say its grand, but I'll bring a drum just incase some young upstart tries to "pown me like a n00b" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Away with ye with your shooting discipline, I'm so disciplined they call me the zen motha'fcukin mid cap messiah!

I'll have triple my milsim mag cap so I'd say its grand, but I'll bring a drum just incase some young upstart tries to "pown me like a n00b" :D

Heh, interesting tactical tip?

Folks who sit and hose with a drum mag tend to develop tunnel vision. Sit out in front of them (just outside range) and send a newbie round to his flank ... they end up back in the regen having used fewer rounds than a sniper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Alternative... sit in front of them, just out of range. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Eventually they will run out of ammo. Why? Because they also suffer from the delusion that the box mag is never ending and gives them infinite range.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Alternative... sit in front of them, just out of range. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Eventually they will run out of ammo. Why? Because they also suffer from the delusion that the box mag is never ending and gives them infinite range.

Thats a nicely lazy alternative ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I might head out on Sunday, had an operation yesterday and I'm a bit washed out from the anesthetic and all the drugs not to mention the fact that I've been sliced to ribbons, but I haven't fired my masada in anger yet, if I'm not in any shape to game I might ask ya for a few tips on marshalling Hive and make myself useful for once.

Alternatively I might just stay home and lick my wounds, metaphorically that is, I've tried it for real but I'm just not flexible enough...

• Advertisement

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I might head out on Sunday, had an operation yesterday and I'm a bit washed out from the anesthetic and all the drugs not to mention the fact that I've been sliced to ribbons, but I haven't fired my masada in anger yet, if I'm not in any shape to game I might ask ya for a few tips on marshalling Hive and make myself useful for once.

Alternatively I might just stay home and lick my wounds, metaphorically that is, I've tried it for real but I'm just not flexible enough...

Surgery? Yowza! Hope you're feeling better ...

... I think you'll look pretty good as a woman by the way. ;)

Surgery? Yowza! Hope you're feeling better ...

... I think you'll look pretty good as a woman by the way. ;)

Yeah, a tactical boob job, my wang is tactical enough already...

Yeah, a tactical boob job, my wang is tactical enough already...

Oh are those the new Multicam Tac-Titties or the older DPMammaries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

hawkeye1000,
    I found your mag.

Thats a nicely lazy alternative ...

Well it's either that way or do it my way. Which involves grenades. Lots and lots of grenades. And possibly mines. Lots and lots of mines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

my wang is tactical enough already...

Magnification or red dot?:D

Seven position adjustible. Used to have a red dot, got a cream for it... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Good games today lads.

Cheers again for the Goolads shot again Bora!;)
    Suppose, it was single fire:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Airsoft-fanatic

yeah today was pretty good, but i broke my G36 :(
    hope DOC can fix it up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Good games today lads.

Cheers again for the Goolads shot again Bora!;)
    Suppose, it was single fire:D

haha man if i ever met two players showing so much sportsmanship to each other lol:rolleyes:..we both killed eachother a serious amout of times throughout the day, and every time one of us had a clear shot on the other or snook up on eachother we used single fire lol....

i didnt aim for the jewels though, i leaned out the top window of the bus, you were about to go in the door, i fired and it hit you there but i was aiming at your chest/stomach area, lol shooting down at close range makes the BB hit very low hahaha...good stuff man :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

G3-Nut wrote: »
    haha man if i ever met two players showing so much sportsmanship to each other lol:rolleyes:..we both killed eachother a serious amout of times throughout the day, and every time one of us had a clear shot on the other or snook up on eachother we used single fire lol....

i didnt aim for the jewels though, i leaned out the top window of the bus, you were about to go in the door, i fired and it hit you there but i was aiming at your chest/stomach area, lol shooting down at close range makes the BB hit very low hahaha...good stuff man :D:D

Haha yeah no worries.

you were hanging out 15 or so feet above the ground.

I was more so impressed than anything else.
    I was actually waiting at that place for ten mins for you to come down the stairs..
    You were both rocking the bejasus out of that bus!

It's always brilliant to play against someone who know's it only takes 1 shot to kill.

Tbh, i spent most of my day going for you and your friends.
    Some great shoot outs!

If you get the chance could you tell your friend(not the one with the styer A3 but the one with a 416[not you...] i think) sorry again for the headshot.

It was all i could see, even after waiting for more to show, it was outside 15 feet too, but i still felt bad.
    It left quite the mark.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Airsoft-fanatic

yeah holdin the top of the bus was mad hard, during the bomb game, because me and the guy with the 416? was on the bus for ages and we kept on getin shot from the sniper tower, but it was gas when a fella ran up the stairs and the fella with the 416 cracked him right between the eyes with his pistol, it rikishaded and hit my tooth, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Haha yeah no worries.

you were hanging out 15 or so feet above the ground.

I was more so impressed than anything else.
    I was actually waiting at that place for ten mins for you to come down the stairs..
    You were both rocking the bejasus out of that bus!

It's always brilliant to play against someone who know's it only takes 1 shot to kill.

Tbh, i spent most of my day going for you and your friends.
    Some great shoot outs!

If you get the chance could you tell your friend(not the one with the styer A3 but the one with a 416[not you...] i think) sorry again for the headshot.

It was all i could see, even after waiting for more to show, it was outside 15 feet too, but i still felt bad.
    It left quite the mark.:o

The other guy with the 416(brendan) haha yeah he showed me he kept saying someone got him with a savage shot in the head, left a nice welt, bled for a few minutes:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for the bus, ask PK and hivemind what state i was in for the 1st 5-10 minutes of the game lol, i got up there from my starting sprint, and used a broken seat as a ''riot shield'' and was waiting for one of you to come up lol...

once brendan got there it was non stop laughter, could only pop my head up for a shot once i got the chap in the tower, then i started wiping your team lol they didnt even know i was still up there i lied down for so long lol definately held that bus for most of the game....and the guy with the steyr radioed me that someone was at the door...and you know what happened after that lol...it was shaking like mad while we were moving around trying not to pop up in the same place twice;)

lmao remember when you walked down from respawn and single fired me in the ass, i was like, wtf, you cam from respawn lol i didnt know we could walk back to either side until you told me:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Great games today enjoyed myself :D

Ps Deadly scuds Paul :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fun half of a day for me. Not been out in a while, so was good fun

Thanks to the players, and of course to Ronan & Neil for marshalling and Paul as ever for running HRTA :pac:

• Advertisement

I bailed. I woke up this morning to pack my kit and realised I didn't have a single full bag or bottle of ammo left in the house, nor did I have any gas. The bb thing I could possibly have made up 800 rounds from a mish-mash of .2, .23 and .25 dregs that I have in various packs, but the gas thing meant I really couldn't go.

Gutted, especially since I had stayed up until 2am Saturday night repairing a gearbox so I had a rifle to take with me.

NakedDex wrote: »
    I bailed. I woke up this morning to pack my kit and realised I didn't have a single full bag or bottle of ammo left in the house, nor did I have any gas. The bb thing I could possibly have made up 800 rounds from a mish-mash of .2, .23 and .25 dregs that I have in various packs, but the gas thing meant I really couldn't go.

Gutted, especially since I had stayed up until 2am Saturday night repairing a gearbox so I had a rifle to take with me.

Pity, I had gas and BB's I could have thrown you.

Enough for five pistol mags, eight grenades and four mines? I'd have felt bad sapping that much gas from you. I still would have done it, but I'd have felt bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

You opening tomorrow Paul? (Tuesday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

You opening tomorrow Paul? (Tuesday)

Sorry, i'm not open, got no takers, but on the up side, the wife is happy, has a big list of things, that need doing:(

hrta wrote: »
    Sorry, i'm not open, got no takers, but on the up side, the wife is happy, has a big list of things, that need doing:(

EMERGENCY - EMERGENCY - ABORT JOKE MODE!! REPEAT: ABORT JOKE MODE!!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Two photos of the HRTA SCUDs, first fielded for the MilSim game on 08-Mar-2009.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

So whos gonna be pew pewin at HRTA this weekend?

folks, having spent the last 36 hours in hospital I'll be bailing this weekend.

Be back the following weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

folks, having spent the last 36 hours in hospital

Something Nothing serious I hope?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement